January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

I cannot see us looking at Brentford to strengthen our defence. 

We are certainly looking abroad for reinforcements & it would not surprise me if we are looking in Spain for a left back too.

I am looking forward to what type of players we are going to sign.

But I doubt that we are going to look in this league for players to improve us.

1 hour ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I prefer konsa over mepham, even mepham are more talented is more ideal in solution at moment,

but price is expensive I reckon it would worth..I like mepham too both in centre half will great for villa. 30 millions not worth really .. if we promoted we go for both is good move for reckon and buy better full back and we will strong in premiership.

We should scour and scout cheap deal short term until we promote to premiership.

I like one McKenna I reckon he is good price about half price to buy as if price compare to konsa or mepham

Barbet is good talented, he is more like Chester with bit upgrade better version in my eyes as he can play header well in defensive than chester, if we get him cheap deal is better than nothing as it would be Good back up

If all not get on time find any new players so we actively trigger elphick recall. 

if we go find any in summer as first choice to partner with Chester or sell Chester upgrade our two centre half (konsa and mepham) in summer and with barbet in 3rd choice it is very good deal in my option 

If McKenna not work so we should try back for French defender, too long for me spelling his name.

I always like see youth player development like Clark, raven, j.b as 4th or maybe 5th choice, in normal rota

Our curriculum we don't got 3rd centre half so raven or j.b should playing with Chester rather Bree and play Bree in right back until window open.

By way merry Christmas (overdue 1 day sorry)

I like your way of thinking Danny. Dropped you a private message mate. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Barbet sounds to me like the sort of player you sign if you need squad players and your ambition is to finish 12th in the Championship. 

We need someone at LB who is obviously too good for the division. 

I'll pop down to the 'LB's Who Are Obviously Too Good For This Division' shop tomorrow and see if they've got any in. I'll report back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I'll pop down to the 'LB's Who Are Obviously Too Good For This Division' shop tomorrow and see if they've got any in. I'll report back!

I didn't say it would be easy. But I'm not talking about something ludicrous here; for measurement I would certainly put Barry Douglas in the Obviously Too Good For This Division group. I'm not talking about the best players in the world here. 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Might get pelters for this but I'd sign Bryan Oviedo, he's not a bad player at all and would be available on the cheap. Much better than what we have.

thought he was a lot older than 28. was good at Everton before his leg break though havent seen much of him since

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren’t “looking for players” at this stage, that’s largely long since done and targets identified and sounded out one way or another.

Now it’s about trying to get the deals done or over the line.

What? Aston Villa organized and behaving like a well run club?

I call BS - Trent out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren’t “looking for players” at this stage, that’s largely long since done and targets identified and sounded out one way or another.

What Aston Villa has taught me is that you should only start looking for players around the 20th January, and then panic buy players in positions you don’t need on the 29-31st January.

Also, sell all cover and squad depth on 1st Jan so that if the panic deals don’t come through, then you either double your transfer fee/salary offer on the last day or you end up with no-one.

Its the Aston Villa way!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What Aston Villa has taught me is that you should only start looking for players around the 20th January, and then panic buy players in positions you don’t need on the 29-31st January.

Also, sell all cover and squad depth on 1st Jan so that if the panic deals don’t come through, then you either double your transfer fee/salary offer on the last day or you end up with no-one.

Its the Aston Villa way!

Or ask Alexa ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

This is great to read.

Earlier the better for our reinforcement.

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

What’s the official line on what we are looking for aside from a keeper?

Romaine Sawyer and Maupay bought; Cahill and Benteke on loan would be nice.

I am not up to speed on RBs and LBs.

I would hate to see Maupay playing for us. He's a dirty horrid little player. Seen him stamp on players twice this season, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I would hate to see Maupay playing for us. He's a dirty horrid little player. Seen him stamp on players twice this season, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

Bit harsh. His just a kid really at 22 years of age. I remember Jack stamping on a few players in his younger days. 

I think Maupay would be a great signing.  Peoples and players change. 

Edit: scored 15 and assisted 6 this season. Pretty impressive.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa