January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Axel as DM would work I reckon, he's probably a better option than anyone else we've tried there. I would think Mings is going to play at LB though, Bree going on loan might hint at something at RB in the offing... 

Think Mings will initially play at centre half to give Chester the rest/recovery time he's been desperately waiting for. Think once everyone is fit we will indeed see Taylor finally out of the team but might be a few weeks yet.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bree isn’t crap, far from it, he’s good on the ball and composed, he will improve over time, he’s only 21 

He might look ok in the U23's but he is awful at this level.

Composed? He looks like he hasn't got a clue what he's supposed to be doing

He may well get better with age but a season on loan playing every week for a top half league 1 side would probably do him some good

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Not including the French dude. TBH I’m just guessing, he said Suso and Purslow are still working TBF. But it just felt like he was justifying his acquisitions so far, including the returning loans and Tammy staying. Just my hunch that we’re most likely done. I could be completely wrong 😂

You never know there might be a minor loan coming in.

Looking like the french FB link was based on nothing....

22 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Eh maybe. Would be very similar to Jedinak, but Tuanzebe was our best center back before he got injured so I'd rather keep him there. 

He’s also our best player at bringing the ball out of defence. We’ve seen him in almost every game he’s played, pick up the ball and beat a man, then carry it twenty yards before passing it on and moving back. Whilst I want him to stay at CB as I think he’s our most intelligent defender, I think he’d be a cracking DM.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Rumours of Aberdeen accepting a bid of £8m for McKenna but how would he get to BMH on time now?

They can always do the medical there if our team agreed, but I'm doubtful of that one to be honest

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really how many cbs do we need ? ...doubt this one very much....

Would actually free up Tuanzebe to play DM when he’s back. As I say it’s not what I’d prefer but it could be what he’s thinking.

8 hours ago, John said:

Talksport claim that Mings has turned down Forest and Derby to sign for us. If so, the lad has taste, we still have some pulling power and our salary offer may well have blown the other two clubs out of the water!

Still catching up but this is something I don't understand. I had thought that the players contracted salary remains the same, and the offer is to the club for how much of it we will cover. Clubs surely don't have to offer a loan salary to the player as well? maybe I'm reading this wrong but i'm pretty sure I've seen this more than once before where a player chooses one club over another to go on loan to because the offer was better. 🧐🤨