January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If Bree has a future at the club and Hutton and Elmo don't beyond this season then what is the point in loaning Bree out exactly? Give him the minutes here if that's the case and make him the first choice right back for the rest of the season. Best of both worlds as he gets the minutes he needs but he gets them here rather than going out on loan and then having to attempt to find his feet here again. If we're working towards next season and only hopeful of a play-off place then surely playing a player who will be here and not persevering with two that won't fits the brief.

Hutton and Elmo are both shite too and obviously the salient point is that it keeps both of them out.

Elmo and Hutton will probably be gone at the end of the season, so if Bree goes on loan it will give him a good run of consistent game time, which is probably what he needs.

I thinking probably a good move tbh, will allow.us to give him game time and decide if he is good for us next season, especially as we are meant to be signing this Guilbert guy who is also a RB for next season.

• Like 1

I also like the fact we are sending out our youth prospects on loan. (Doyle hayes/ bedeau, ohare etc)

Will really be good to blood them for the last half of the season and allow us to see how they fair, possibly with a view to seeing if they are ready for first team action next season when I think the team rebuild will take place over the summer.

Coupled with this Guilbert signing for next season, if it happens, I think is really showing good forward planning, good stuff I think.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What a window that was - Amavi, Veretout, Gueye, Ayew, Adama.

If only we had had a capable manager.

I was thinking about this yesterday. We bought so much talent. The problem for me were the players you don't mention...Richards and Gestede. Replacing Vlaar for Richards basically left an enormous gaping hole in our defence and replacing Benteke with Gestede was an obvious disaster. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He was never going to leave?

Focus on Elmohamedy or Taylor leaving first.  🤔

I meant he'll probably still get plenty of games starting between now and the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Elmo and Hutton will probably be gone at the end of the season, so if Bree goes on loan it will give him a good run of consistent game time, which is probably what he needs.

I thinking probably a good move tbh, will allow.us to give him game time and decide if he is good for us next season, especially as we are meant to be signing this Guilbert guy who is also a RB for next season.

But all of that means it makes more sense for us to keep and play Bree rather than loan him out.

Elmo and Hutton are poor, aging and probably won't be here come next season - why have either of them ahead of Bree in the pecking order then? Give Bree the run of game time here and see how he gets on. It's not like we're loaning him to a League 2 side, we signed him from a Championship team he was playing well in and are apparently considering loaning him to a Championship side. He's clearly at least capable at this level so why not play him for the remainder of the season instead of two players who aren't of any more use than him that have absolutely no future here in comparison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I was thinking about this yesterday. We bought so much talent. The problem for me were the players you don't mention...Richards and Gestede. Replacing Vlaar for Richards basically left an enormous gaping hole in our defence and replacing Benteke with Gestede was an obvious disaster. 

We lost of our spine.  Vlaar, Delph and Benteke.

If we'd kept them and made those signings we'd have been okay I reckon.  We'd have at least doubled our 17 points.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

But all of that means it makes more sense for us to keep and play Bree rather than loan him out.

Elmo and Hutton are poor, aging and probably won't be here come next season - why have either of them ahead of Bree in the pecking order then? Give Bree the run of game time here and see how he gets on. It's not like we're loaning him to a League 2 side, we signed him from a Championship team he was playing well in and are apparently considering loaning him to a Championship side. He's clearly at least capable at this level so why not play him for the remainder of the season instead of two players who aren't of any more use than him that have absolutely no future here in comparison.

Maybe because Bree isn’t actually that good and fans seem to be blinded by the fact he is still young. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe because Bree isn’t actually that good and fans seem to be blinded by the fact he is still young. 

That's fine, and I don't particularly rate him either, but it doesn't really change the point.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Its all down to preference, while I feel there is still an outside chance of making the playoffs, I would prefer Hutton to play as our RB. Overall potential is Bree's but currently Hutton should be ahead of him. I think Bree needs to hone some skills and that a loan out, will do just that and he can come in and play next season for us. 

21 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Looks like the owners have their sights firmly set on the future.

Is this for real?  So we are shit at football. Our defence is leaking like a sith. We have **** all depth, the worst fullbacks known to man, injured players, shit players and we buy a defender then loan him back? Only at Villa 😂

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well if Hutton and Elmo can do a better job than him at RB from now until the end of the season then it makes sense to loan him out. 

Alan Hutton couldn't do a better job than Nicklas Helenius at right back.

The loan back thing is something Chelsea, Liverpool e.t.c can afford to do because they have ridiculous squad depth and endless resources.

Not sure we can afford that kind of luxury when all we have at the club currently is Hutton and Elmohamedy and us loaning out Bree?

Edited by AshVilla