January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

21 minutes ago, Indigo said:

But all of that means it makes more sense for us to keep and play Bree rather than loan him out.

Elmo and Hutton are poor, aging and probably won't be here come next season - why have either of them ahead of Bree in the pecking order then? Give Bree the run of game time here and see how he gets on. It's not like we're loaning him to a League 2 side, we signed him from a Championship team he was playing well in and are apparently considering loaning him to a Championship side. He's clearly at least capable at this level so why not play him for the remainder of the season instead of two players who aren't of any more use than him that have absolutely no future here in comparison.

I don't have an answer other than it seems obvious that DS doesn't think the same or Bree wouldn't be being loaned out?

11 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

And Cleverley

Okay that's convinced me to try and make a team from the two seasons...

----------------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton----------Vlaar------Okore----------------Amavi

---------------------Veretout----Delph----------------

Ayew---------------------Grealish----------------Sinclair

-----------------------------Benteke-------------------------------

Subs:

Guzan, Clark, Sanchez, Cleverley, N'Zogbia, Adama, Gabby

Edited by Wainy316

Bloody hell I forgot Gana:

-----------------------------Gana--------------------------------------

--------------------Veretout------Delph-------------------------

Grealish-------------------------------------------------Ayew

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Bloody hell I forgot Gana:

-----------------------------Gana--------------------------------------

--------------------Veretout------Delph-------------------------

Grealish-------------------------------------------------Ayew

At least weve progressed (regressed) from talking about Bruce  

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

At least weve progressed (regressed) from talking about Bruce  

Okay then, how do you think Bruce would pick a back four out of Earl Barrett, Bryan Small, Gary Charles, Fernando Nelson, Mark Delaney, Luke Young, Alan Hutton, James Bree and Elmo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Okay then, how do you think Bruce would pick a back four out of Earl Barrett, Bryan Small, Gary Charles, Fernando Nelson, Mark Delaney, Luke Young, Alan Hutton, James Bree and Elmo?

None of above

Cuellar ReoCoker Lowton De Laet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is this for real?  So we are shit at football. Our defence is leaking like a sith. We have **** all depth, the worst fullbacks known to man, injured players, shit players and we buy a defender then loan him back? Only at Villa 😂

The player was not going to be made available by his club at this time, so what can we do - buy for the future. And I doubt if it is costing us much at this stage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Watching Smiths responses and body language on the presser, I think that’s it for signings this window. We need Jed to step up into the DM role and pray for micracles at FB.

Including the french geezer or is it Mings alone ? 

9 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Watching Smiths responses and body language on the presser, I think that’s it for signings this window. We need Jed to step up into the DM role and pray for micracles at FB.

why are Facebook considering buying us - but only if Jedinak plays ? - Ive heard worse rumours !

Just now, hippo said:

Including the french geezer or is it Mings alone ? 

Not including the French dude. TBH I’m just guessing, he said Suso and Purslow are still working TBF. But it just felt like he was justifying his acquisitions so far, including the returning loans and Tammy staying. Just my hunch that we’re most likely done. I could be completely wrong 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Really? I got the impression that we were still working on stuff but he was just keen to stress the business we have already done. He mentioned Hause a lot so I can see him featuring soon.

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

Really? I got the impression that we were still working on stuff but he was just keen to stress the business we have already done. He mentioned Hause a lot so I can see him featuring soon.

Maybe I’m just a pessimist by nature 😂