Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aaaannnnd the cycle continues.

I know people keep going on about how Smith improved Brentford despite facts saying they finished 5th before him then he took charge then it was 9th then 10th.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Can't see many people stating they have a better squad, but firing our recently hired manager who is playing with someone elses squad because Birmingham are overachieving is a stretch imo. 

Monk is playing with someone elses squad,  he's signed what 2 players?

I don't blame the players one bit. everyone knows law 45 in the 47 laws of power. too much innovation is traumatic and will lead to revolt.

however I doubt this clown can even read. or if he does it's just sport autobiographys.

I had a new manager at work and he was a total word removed pissed us all off so morale dropped.............. and so did output. he was spotted on his hands and knees in the car park shouting "stupid stupid stupid" to himself. He was signed off after having a nervous breakdown I heard. 😀

Edited by screwdriver
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

No i don't want to keep switching managers i want us to actually get in a good manager for once.

Leeds got Bielsa, Newcastle got Benitez. We get..well, Dean Smith.

For years we've settled for average managers. McLeish, Lambert, Bruce and now Smith. If we keep having average managers we will keep remain average.

Who was manager when Newcastle were relegated?.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I don't blame the players one bit. everyone knows law 45 in the 47 laws of power. too much innovation is traumatic and will lead to revolt.

however I doubt this clown can even read. or if he does it's just sport autobiographys.

I had a new manager at work and he was a total word removed pissed us all off so morale dropped and so did output. we made him look like a right tool to his boss😀

What a F*** ING great attitude !!!  Christ all F***ING MIGHTY.  WHAT UTTER SH*T. 

Name any F***ing club who got promoted with the players in charge.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

It's disgraceful behaviour (if true). You can sense it in their performances, half-hearted tackles, people waltzing through our defence. We need more players like Mings and McGinn in the team IMO.  Ron Saunders would have taken the culprits 'around the back'. Players have too much power. The monetary rewards are too great so half the players don't give a flying f**k as long as the big fat cheque is in their bank accounts every month!

If you watched Leeds tonight and looked at their intensity and will....you can clearly see a void with us.

These uncompetitive showings has to stop.

We should be doing that, in our games.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

If you watched Leeds tonight and looked at their intensity and will....you can clearly see a void with us.

These uncompetitive showings has to stop.

We should be doing that, in our games.

Were you saying the same thing Tuesday when they lost to QPR?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

What a F*** ING great attitude !!!  Christ all F***ING MIGHTY.  WHAT UTTER SH*T. 

Don't feed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

What a lot of block capitals and obscenities.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Managers like Bielsa and Benitez don't want to come to Villa. We're known for having unrealistic expectations, fickle fans, disillusioned players, and no financial stability. You have to offer a new manager a platform to build on, not a big unflushed toilet to clean with his tongue.

Backing Smith and clearing out the free loaders will work in our favour long-term. Either Smith gets us promoted, or next manager takes over a young squad who train hard and play with a distinctive identity, and where he knows the board will give him time to prove his ideas. That might just be attractive to someone who's won a trophy somewhere.

I think exactly the same, no chance of a big named manager coming here for way to many reasons.

Mainly the fans is one of them and until we change our attitudes towards Coaches and managers then we will only ever get average.

Why don't you all just Support Smith, show that you fans can put your support into the man at the helm and eventually those big name managers and coaches we may see come here eventually.

Untill then it will be more of the same and you only have yourselves to blame. The disrespect you show so early on and the way you go about changing your allegiance before a Coach or Manager has even had a proper run, should explain why we won't ever see a top manager here.

Not unless he's paid absoloutly over the odds to put up with your crap, that is. I think after the way some people were with Bruce, the guy had to go on holiday to recover. Not saying some of the thing Bruce did were right, but the levels of abuse towards him were to much in my eyes.

We more than sealed our fate with a top guy coming here for a while when you throw cabbages when things are going wrong abit. I don't think it was all Bruce's fault, that squad needs ripping up, not patching up, ripping up and players replaced which thankfully it's happening.

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Managers like Bielsa and Benitez don't want to come to Villa. We're known for having unrealistic expectations, fickle fans

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I think exactly the same, no chance of a big named manager coming here for way to many reasons.

Mainly the fans is one of them and until we change our attitudes towards Coaches and managers then we will only ever get average.

I don’t agree with this at all. How are we any worse than any other club? I’ve been at other grounds where I’ve heard moans and groans about the manager. When things aren’t going well, most people moan that’s the nature of the beast. Liverpool, the self proclaimed “best fans in the world” moaned when Hodgson was there, almost from the offset. You even hear some saying that If Klopp doesn’t win a trophy this year then it’s time to go.

Our fans get praised a lot by the players. It’s the reason why a lot of players fall in love with the place even with no affinity to the club prior to being here.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t agree with this at all. How are we any worse than any other club? I’ve been at other grounds where I’ve heard moans and groans about the manager. When things aren’t going well, most people moan that’s the nature of the beast. Liverpool, the self proclaimed “best fans in the world” moaned when Hodgson was there, almost from the offset. You even hear some saying that If Klopp doesn’t win a trophy this year then it’s time to go.

Our fans get praised a lot by the players,  especially the away support. It’s the reason why a lot of players fall in love with the place even with no affinity to the club prior to being here.

I think you’re right. We only see the moaning and fickle nature of some of our own fans, but pretty much every club have very similar attitudes from fans.

There is something special about our football club that seems to capture the hearts of players after a while. Macca was at Man U before he came to us, but it’s Villa that he loves. Brian Little once wrote an article urging Dean Saunders to join us from Liverpool, saying what a wonderful club we were and that when he retired he intended to see out his days watching The Villa. A couple of years or so ago, Nigel Spinks said that he walk up the M5 to help us and John Carew said he would play for free to help. 

So it’s a recurring theme over different generations of players that take Villa into their hearts. I think football fans of all clubs are often too ready to be critical and perhaps that is something that is becoming more prevalent in modern times. There is of course always a place for constructive criticism, but there is also plenty of need to show support even if at times it is blind faith. After all the clue is in the title, we are football supporters and after our immediate families for many of us Aston Villa is where our heart lives. 

So let’s support the current Aston Villa manager Dean Smith, he added in a desperate attempt to get back on topic....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Someone has told me this also. I think there is a element of truth in that to be fair to smith

May be the case.

The players shouldn't do it but they probably admire Terry and all he has achieved. Then they probably look at Smith and think shit player and shit manager, what the **** have you ever done we don't respect you or like you. 

This is what happens when you put players on massive salaries which far outweigh their abilities. I'd say every single player in our squad has a contract like that. Villa Park is basically an early retirement fund for professional footballers.

Â