Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but it helps when the opposition are so poor. From 5 minutes in you could tell it would be a stroll. Was quite bizarre how bad derby where.

Woeful vs Leeds few weeks back tooo. Lampard under pressure 

• Like 1

Fantastic result. Much more like it.

Keeping it all in check though as Derby are in a bit of a rut and had a few injuries today.

Fingers crossed we’ll look back at today as a significant turning point. Too many false dawns, hope this isn’t another.

Well done Dean.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's not entirely true we've seen them whoop @$$ against some of the best in this league.

Maybe they're so sick of all of us criticising them that they decided to finally knock it up a notch.

Or maybe were about to get another run of wins in us before season end, would be real nice and timely. Mings said we were on the verge of winning games he called it, maybe he is a mystic meg and has a crystal ball, Mystic Mings called it..

Mate did you watch that game? Taking nothing away from how we played that’s the worst I’ve seen an opposition team this season in terms of effort. They’ve got problems. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Hmmm... I'm not so sure this game makes Smith look too good. What do we need him for? It's all down to Jack.

Really?

Give me the right few players and I will destroy the opposition?

no?

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why wasnt he or the team doing this earlier in the season under Bruce?

Why wasn't Smith able to get anything out of these perfectly capable players for two months? 

That is the big question that is still unanswered, and it makes me uneasy.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Correct, practically out the play-offs but Jack is back (in some capacity today) so things will be very interesting.

As I say, I don't think the return of Jack will have as much impact as many are anticipating and it will then put DS in an even bigger spotlight of one which he is already in.

Genius.....................

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hippo said:

I meant those who do the hiring and firing - will do it based on results.

Smith is closer to the exit door than you think.

Ok mate, who is your source?  You say crap like that, at least back it up with some credibility

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate did you watch that game? Taking nothing away from how we played that’s the worst I’ve seen an opposition team this season in terms of effort. They’ve got problems. 

Yes they have some big problems, fans were booing frank and chanting were $hit, were f'ing $hit.

They had respect for Grealish there fans though said it was a wonder strike and it was.

The game could of easily been double that score, we missed some pretty good and easy goals, result is pleasing still. We were on fire though and for a while didn't let them out there half, needs to be more of this against all teams.

Now let's give it to City even more..

Edited by Dave-R

Tbh....I hope that the Derby fans aren't writing the same shit about Lampard as we have seen on here about DS for the past few weeks but in the modern world of football, I expect they are. 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Why wasn't Smith able to get anything out of these perfectly capable players for two months? 

That is the big question that is still unanswered, and it makes me uneasy.

Grealish does so much problem causing for an opposition that it's no wonder why he's the most fouled in the league. He is an headache upon headaches to play against when he's on the ball, he draws two to three players at a time allowing other players space. He not only does all that but he hunts for that ball, hes like a shark and he's relentless at it, he has clearly been missed. Our players seemed to be at peace more and less stressed when he's in our side.

I know many said he cant but I think he can more than handle the weight placed on his shoulders. Those who said he can't lift the teams spirits and bring us back to winning ways I think are wrong, hes clearly hungry to get us back to the premier.

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Tbh....I hope that the Derby fans aren't writing the same shit about Lampard as we have seen on here about DS for the past few weeks but in the modern world of football, I expect they are. 

There's a few fan cams on YouTube enjoyable to watch from there view, they are more than questioning frank.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m afraid not mate. The dury is out on Smith and he is criticised day in day out even those he hasn’t had no where near enough time.

So the haters will have to get it bad this week and hopefully for the rest of the season. 

Je t'adore, ich liebe dich

• Like 1

If Dunga was in charge, we'd have scored 8.

In all seriousness though I'm not sure how much credit I'm giving Smith. Grealish is absolutely the key and lifted everyone around him. The fact we have such a talent makes Smith's job a whole lot easier. Was like we'd signed Ronaldo the way the confidence levels rose. 

Certainly sets up next Sunday perfectly with them losing at Hull as well though. What a big bloody game, most meaningful derby we've had in years.

• Like 2

Well done DS.  In the relatively short time he's been here he has done remarkably well IMO.  He recognised that the defence needed major surgery and fixed it!  At the same time, and without Axel and Jack he has been improving our attacking threat too!  He has now got the balance of the team spot on! Now that the defence is more settled coupled with the return of Jack and improved fitness levels he has been able to revert to the attacking football that he's renowned for.  So now we have the balance which was sorely needed before his arrival.

If he can achieve so much in such a short period then I have complete faith in him to take this club forward after he has had a pre-season and he has brought some of his own players in!  We all need to be a little more patient!

In Dean Smith I trust!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â