Dean Smith

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They play in the prem mate... We play in the championship.

Fulham's squad isn't good enough at that level, that's the reality. We should be inside top 6 with the squad we have. Blues are 5 points above us and their squad is horrific.

When Jovanovic joined Fulham, just avoided relegation by 11 points. They finished 20th. That was two seasons ago. When you give a decent manager time and a decent budget they will get better. 

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

HOTH saying that the dressing room is in turmoil and there are a few players who are testing Smith. 

Heard the same thing earlier from one of the only sources I would call 'very reliable'. Apparently there's a rift in the dressing room with some of the senior players turning on Smith because of the training levels and intensity. No idea who though. 

Edit to add, when haven't we heard of a rift in the dressing room? Always seems to be there. Bruce didn't have one but he did build a lot of the squad. 

Edited by Sam3773

25 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

When Jovanovic joined Fulham, just avoided relegation by 11 points. They finished 20th. That was two seasons ago. When you give a decent manager time and a decent budget they will get better. 

Jokanovic also have a much, much better track record than Smith with promotions and titles.

Dean Smith been a coach since 2005 and have achieved nothing in his managerial career so far.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Jay.P.A said:

So by your logic, Jokanović shouldn't have been sacked because his team  (which he built over three seasons) was rock bottom of the league, had no wins in 7 games, but would've turned it around apparently......BUT you want Smith sacked because he's effectively managing another manager's team, has 2 wins in 13 and is sitting in 13th......

Where the hell is your logic? 

Logic has been lacking on here for quite some time to be fair.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They play in the prem mate... We play in the championship.

Fulham's squad isn't good enough at that level, that's the reality. We should be inside top 6 with the squad we have. Blues are 5 points above us and their squad is horrific.

I wonder what makes you think this squad is good enough for top 6? I look at our squad and see a massive mess and a lot of over paid oldies. Except for Grealish, Abraham, Mings, and Tuanzebe and potentially McGinn, I do not see how any of our players are good enough for a top 6 team, and I doubt that of the multiple players that are finally gonna leave this summer, we will even see them return to the championship again, except of course the ones Bruce is most likely gonna sign, like Elmo and Elphick.

So you'd rather keep on swithing manager until he got us into top 6 using this squad, then let a manager come in and create his own team, potentially creating a team with an idendity and a sell on value, so that if we fail again, we dont have to start from scratch all over again for the multiple time in the past few years? 

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I wonder what makes you think this squad is good enough for top 6? I look at our squad and see a massive mess and a lot of over paid oldies. Except for Grealish, Abraham, Mings, and Tuanzebe and potentially McGinn, I do not see how any of our players are good enough for a top 6 team, and I doubt that of the multiple players that are finally gonna leave this summer, we will even see them return to the championship again, except of course the ones Bruce is most likely gonna sign, like Elmo and Elphick.

So you'd rather keep on swithing manager until he got us into top 6 using this squad, then let a manager come in and create his own team, potentially creating a team with an idendity and a sell on value, so that if we fail again, we dont have to start from scratch all over again for the multiple time in the past few years? 

Bruce to sign Elphick? You must have missed something!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jokanovic also have a much, much better track record than Smith with promotions and titles.

Dean Smith been a coach since 2005 and have achieved nothing in his managerial career so far.

What has Jokanovic done so well before he got Watford promoted? He'd won the Thai league and been sacked by Levski Sofia and managed one win with Hercules?? 
A manager wont be succesfull until he has the right tools to work with, This is the first time Dean Smith has these tools available to him, and should he be potentially be succesfull, it wont be overnight

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

No i don't want to keep switching managers i want us to actually get in a good manager for once.

Leeds got Bielsa, Newcastle got Benitez. We get..well, Dean Smith.

For years we've settled for average managers. McLeish, Lambert, Bruce and now Smith. If we keep having average managers we will keep remain average.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

What has Jokanovic done so well before he got Watford promoted? He'd won the Thai league and been sacked by Levski Sofia and managed one win with Hercules?? 
A manager wont be succesfull until he has the right tools to work with, This is the first time Dean Smith has these tools available to him, and should he be potentially be succesfull, it wont be overnight

And what have Dean Smith actually done?

Midtable with Brentford, you really see that as an achievment? They finished 5th before Smith arrived, he hardly ever improved them.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No i don't want to keep switching managers i want us to actually get in a good manager for once.

Leeds got Bielsa, Newcastle got Benitez. We get..well, Dean Smith.

For years we've settled for average managers. McLeish, Lambert, Bruce and now Smith. If we keep having average managers we will keep remain average.

To be honest, I was mostly curious to know why you thought this squad was a minimum top 6 squad? 

I'd like us to get a big name too, but who would you suggest this would realistically be? remember also that Benitez joined Newcastle in the premier league. Getting a big name to the championship is very rare. TBH. It doesnt get much bigger than Bruce in this league, and he was cr@p. 

Our recent managers have been cathastrophic, no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Midtable with Brentford, you really see that as an achievment? They finished 5th before Smith arrived, he hardly ever improved them.

Midtable with Brentford is admirable not to mention coaching young players and selling them on for huge profits. Best of all when he discovers and cosches young players here here wont have to sell them. Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wow.

I've been defending the players and been very critical of Smith, but that's not acceptable.

The players needs to be professional whoever is the coach.

You've changed your views based on rumours being swapped on Twitter by somw distinctly unreliable sources?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Never stated that Smith had achieved anything. 

Though he has put together a pretty solid and young squad at Brentford. He also got them playing nice football. I'd also say midtable with a team like Brentford is a pretty decent achievement, regardless of where they finished before he arrived, they are a selling club, probably (without checking) lost most of their decent players when Smith arrived.

2 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Midtable with Brentford is admirable not to mention coaching young players and selling them on for huge profits. Best of all when he discovers and cosches young players here here wont have to sell them. Onwards and upwards!

Midtable with Brentford is indeed an achievement but not necessarily a qualification to take on the Villa job.

Time will tell but I worry about what the discussion will be on here in a couple of season's time

4 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Really not that admirable to reach midtable in a publague like the championship.

Blues are sitting in 8th, that tells it all about this league really. Birminghams squad is pure trash. 

If anyone on here honestly think blues got a better squad than us my mind is blowned.

Edited by villalad21

Â