Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Really concerned for DS future should we lose the next 3 games, and that's a real possibility!

Correct, practically out the play-offs but Jack is back (in some capacity today) so things will be very interesting.

As I say, I don't think the return of Jack will have as much impact as many are anticipating and it will then put DS in an even bigger spotlight of one which he is already in.

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Someone has told me this also. I think there is a element of truth in that to be fair to smith

Sounds like horseshoe to me, from people on Twatter desperate to be seen to be ITK.  What clique of players would be causing such fuss?

Abraham - most unlikely seeing as he agreed to stay and play for Smith

Elphick - brought back by Smith after being binned by Bruce.  I expect he loves Smith

Chester - - he's a consummate professional so would think very unlikely.  Injured in any case.

Adomah - possibly, but again after having Bruce nearly got shut of him, I can't see why he'd have an axe to grind

El Ghazi - young lad, unlikely to give a toss one way or the other

Hutton - strikes me as the sort of chap who just gets on with things, and knows he's almost certainly gone in the summer anyway.

Hourihane - maybe, his form has suffered the most under Smith

Whelan - gets picked by smith more than his ability says he should, would think he loves the bloke.

It's really hard to see how you can make a case for enough senior players to be a 'toxic' cabal against Smith.  Some of them just aren't very good, and I have to say on the evidence so far, the manager just isn't much better.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Sounds like horseshoe to me, from people on Twatter desperate to be seen to be ITK.  What clique of players would be causing such fuss?

Elphick - brought back by Smith after being binned by Bruce.  I expect he loves Smith

Chester - - he's a consummate professional so would think very unlikely.  Injured in any case.

Adomah - possibly, but again after having Bruce nearly got shut of him, I can't see why he'd have an axe to grind

Hutton - strikes me as the sort of chap who just gets on with things, and knows he's almost certainly gone in the summer anyway.

Whelan - gets picked by smith more than his ability says he should, would think he loves the bloke.

It's really hard to see how you can make a case for enough senior players to be a 'toxic' cabal against Smith.  Some of them just aren't very good, and I have to say on the evidence so far, the manager just isn't much better.

Yep, the other thing too is if this is true, why does he keep playing them? 

Why haven't we seen them consigned to the youth team with youth players in the first XI. 

Whichever way you cut this it doesn't reflect well on the Manager, it's either bullshit and he's just struggling to get a tune out of them or they've turned on him and he doesn't have the balls to deal with it. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

The ones I've heard is adomah whelan and jedinak. Also the wasteman bolaise. Those were just a few. 

Elphick probably has the best attitude out of the lot. He might not be the greatest but his arritud eis first class

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Wether it's truth or BS Russo, results and performances don't lie. We have seen evidence of problems since December in terms of form and performances and it's formed a split case.

DS is poor overall - v.s - DS has been unlucky without Grealish/Axel.

I do believe that there is something not right with JT/ DS / Players at this time and be for many reasons.

You could also see how a divide with playing staff could also happen. Wages, Contract Length, effort, training, attitude etc. 

As someone rightly suggested a few players may look up to JT more with everything he's achieved in the game over DS.

FWIW I think if DS is around next season JT will also be gone by the summer.

Jedinak was injured for ages and is an old, bit part player.  I just can't believe he has that much swaying more.  Adomah, well possibly, but everything I have heard about Whelan suggests he's a consummate professional.  Bolasie isn't even here, and hard to believe a loan player cut much ice even when he was. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wether it's truth or BS Russo, results and performances don't lie. We have seen evidence of problems since December in terms of form and performances and it's formed a split case.

DS is poor overall - v.s - DS has been unlucky without Grealish/Axel.

I do believe that there is something not right with JT/ DS / Players at this time and be for many reasons.

You could also see how a divide with playing staff could also happen. Wages, Contract Length, effort, training, attitude etc. 

As someone rightly suggested a few players may look up to JT more with everything he's achieved in the game over DS.

FWIW I think if DS is around next season JT will also be gone by the summer.

I don't disagree.  When things are going badly there's always the possibility of factions appearing and splits within the camp. I just don't think things are bad as in the squad as the idiot brigade on Twitter who make things up to boost their sense of self-importance would have us believe.  I do think Smith is doing a very poor job, and might well not be our manager next season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Midtable with Brentford is indeed an achievement but not necessarily a qualification to take on the Villa job.

Time will tell but I worry about what the discussion will be on here in a couple of season's time

You worry too much.😉

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The ones I've heard is adomah whelan and jedinak. Also the wasteman bolaise. Those were just a few. 

Elphick probably has the best attitude out of the lot. He might not be the greatest but his arritud eis first class

Heard from who?

The players don't have a clue what they're doing. it's down to poor coms from the manager. instead of the bullshit of laying traps and low blocks tell them exactly what to do.

They're footballers ffs they don't have an nvq between them.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Comes as no suprise really.

What were we saying only last week about all not being well.

Exactly! Except people were proposing that there might be an issue with a few players attitudes over a month ago. These latest so called ITKs could still be wrong, but even if they are correct, so what? Unfortunately, it’s human nature for some employees to coast towards the end of their time at a company and because we currently have numerous players in the squad that are not in Smith’s plans (lack of ability, age, work rate, don’t fit style of play) it’s a distinct possibility. Ideally those players would realise it’s in their own interest to play well, (as Elphick hinted at) but failing that, let’s at least give Smith the chance to swap the dead wood for players who will bust a gut for him and our club.

No offence to anyone but this DS related rumour smacks of BS. We can all see the problems on the pitch, we all know most of this team has no future here after the summer, it is not rocket science to deduce that some of these players are not working hard enough for the team. Can't bloody wait for the summer, personally. 

• Like 1

Even successful teams have factions and divisions in the changing room anyway.  This is the kind of story that gets overblown whenever you're not playing very well.  I just hope we have a run til the end of the season with the likes of Jack and Carroll in midfield so we can judge Smith more on his methods, and whether he is the man to carry out the rebuild.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Not that admirable when you take into account when he got the job Brentford had just finished 5th.

And for the 400th time he didnt take over directly from when they finished 5th. Was a manager in between who had Brentford around the bottom 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Whelan and Jedinak I be shocked if honest. Other players I could think of but not them 2

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Whelan and Jedinak I be shocked if honest. Other players I could think of but not them 2

That would shock me too.  Say what you like about Whelan but I cant imagine him being disruptive. And I feel that he takes far more stick than he deserves.  For me, he's a great professional.

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And for the 400th time he didnt take over directly from when they finished 5th. Was a manager in between who had Brentford around the bottom 3

Actually Brentford I beleive were 11th when Smith was appointed.

I dont beleive this player rebellion crap over hard training. Smith said on arrival the fitness levels were good - most likley its his credibility he has won nothing as a player or a manager and is on major winless streak - any manager with such a record would be questioned and tested by the players. 

March is vital for smith - the loosing streak continues throughout the month - the questions will come from above.....if they havent already.

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

The players don't have a clue what they're doing. it's down to poor coms from the manager. instead of the bullshit of laying traps and low blocks tell them exactly what to do.

They're footballers ffs they don't have an nvq between them.

You may be on to something there. Maybe too many of our players lack the intelligence to play smiths way which is another reason a lot of new players will be bought in. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Actually Brentford I beleive were 11th when Smith was appointed.

I dont beleive this player rebellion crap over hard training. 

Lee Carsley came in as caretaker and steadied the ship at the time. 

As for rebellion over hard training, happened under previous managers

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lee Carsley came in as caretaker and steadied the ship at the time. 

As for rebellion over hard training, happened under previous managers

I can believe it and it’s most likely coming from those that haven’t been offerered a new contract.  Imagine being forced to work your ass off in training even though you have no future at the club.  May not go down well with certain players. 

I heard Bielsas training is very hard but the difference is they have a mainly young squad with all players having a future at the club.

Our squad simply isn’t fit enough to play Dean Smiths way.

• Like 2

Â