Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Really not that admirable to reach midtable in a publague like the championship.

Blues are sitting in 8th, that tells it all about this league really. Birminghams squad is pure trash. 

If anyone on here honestly think blues got a better squad than us my mind is blowned.

Can't see many people stating they have a better squad, but firing our recently hired manager who is playing with someone elses squad because Birmingham are overachieving is a stretch imo. 

• Like 1

As someone mentioned on Facebook, wonder if this is along the lines of what Elphick was intimating? (Re the player fallout)

Something along the lines off when some players realise that giving their all for Aston Villa or getting promoted also benefits them we will be better off?

Don't remember the exact quotes.

Also got to wonder if JT being here with some he has also played with is a negative in the sense that they see him as a "buddy" than a coach.

Concerning.

I can see Kodjia being one of the culprits.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As someone mentioned on Facebook, wonder if this is along the lines of what Elphick was intimating? (Re the player fallout)

Something along the lines off when some players realise that giving their all for Aston Villa or getting promoted also benefits them we will be better off?

Also got to wonder if JT being here with some he has also played with is a negative in the sense that they see him as a "buddy" than a coach.

Concerning.

Posted in the Elphick thread, but will stick the most relevant bit here -

Discussing the dressing room spirit, he said: “I think we have got it but there are different people in different situations at the moment. 

“I think if we all realised that Aston Villa being in the top six is beneficial to everyone, we will start winning games. 

“When things are not going right for us on the pitch, we can become a bit individual and playing on our own.

E&S link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Midtable with Brentford is indeed an achievement but not necessarily a qualification to take on the Villa job.

Time will tell but I worry about what the discussion will be on here in a couple of season's time

I was in no way claiming what you are suggesting mainly because, like everyone else, we don't know what DS is capable of. Thats why it's ludicrous thst some people want him fired already!

14 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

I was in no way claiming what you are suggesting mainly because, like everyone else, we don't know what DS is capable of. Thats why it's ludicrous thst some people want him fired already!

It’s not ludicrous if we could get someone we could be more sure could do the job we need.

Football us a tough business with little time for sentiment. Smith would undoubtedly get another job quickly.

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It’s not ludicrous if we could get someone we could be more sure could do the job we need.

Football us a tough business with little time for sentiment. Smith would undoubtedly get another job quickly.

I would be more inclined to agree with you if we don't look like improving 15 games into next season. But I really think that we will greatly improve!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Concerning.

Hope it's not Richards, Lescott and Bacuna mark 2....Kodjia would be my chief suspect too!

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Really not that admirable to reach midtable in a publague like the championship.

Blues are sitting in 8th, that tells it all about this league really. Birminghams squad is pure trash. 

If anyone on here honestly think blues got a better squad than us my mind is blowned.

You conveniently forgot to say that DS was midtable with Brentford when the Championship was far more difficult to play in!

Kodjia still looks like he has a role to play here though. If I were to guess anyone, it would be the Whelans and Jedinaks of this world but they strike me as consumate professionals. Could be a shot in the dark here, but perhaps JulieB doesn't know what she's talking about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

You've changed your views based on rumours being swapped on Twitter by somw distinctly unreliable sources?

This. It’s Julie B FFS! About as credible a sauce for AVFC info as my cat.

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If this is true surely we can follow proper procedure to sack the offenders.

No..we have only just signed a few.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Concerning.

Me too.

If it is true....The owners should back Dean even more, because they may have had an adverse affect on the last manager too.....there is no place for this kind of behavior in our club.

If Dean is getting them grafting in training, its for the first time, because Bruce was too soft.

I sensed too, there was something like this in the air, you only have to watch them, to "smell a rat"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jim said:

No, she’s full of shit.

Pretty sure she's still trying to prove the conspiracy that we've signed Jermaine Defoe and Dale Stephens and they're still set to join us next transfer window...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Me too.

If it is true....The owners should back Dean even more, because they may have had an adverse affect on the last manager too.....there is no place for this kind of behavior in our club.

If Dean is getting them grafting in training, its for the first time, because Bruce was too soft.

I sensed too, there was something like this in the air, you only have to watch them, to "smell a rat"

It's disgraceful behaviour (if true). You can sense it in their performances, half-hearted tackles, people waltzing through our defence. We need more players like Mings and McGinn in the team IMO.  Ron Saunders would have taken the culprits 'around the back'. Players have too much power. The monetary rewards are too great so half the players don't give a flying f**k as long as the big fat cheque is in their bank accounts every month!

If anything those stats proves that the club is in a mess, and it doesn't really matter who we hire until we fix the fundamental issues at this club. Smith is a move in the right direction for once in the last 10 years and that's saying something. Going after Smith cause we are having a rough patch is a situation where you overreact and hurt yourself more than the situation actually awards. And trust me in my personal life I am a god damn expert in this, so I know what it means. I believe you have an expression that says cut off your nose to spite your face. 

I am not saying Smith is perfect or he can't do better. But the idea that Smith is where we should start our worries is just absolutely **** ridiculous. And that's my opinion. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Midtable with Brentford is admirable not to mention coaching young players and selling them on for huge profits. Best of all when he discovers and cosches young players here here wont have to sell them. Onwards and upwards!

Not that admirable when you take into account when he got the job Brentford had just finished 5th.

Â