Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I just hope we can get a single win until the end of the season, because i don't know if it will actually happen.

Forgotten how winning feels like. The Ipswich game seem ages ago. Not felt as depressed to be a villa fan since Garde.

Really?

I'm more hopeful now than I've been for quite a long time.

Granted that's not saying much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he’s doing just fine. You could argue he’s overacheiving with some of the players he has at his disposal.

I am absolutely Pro Smith.

But come on! :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I WANT TO WIN THECHAMPIONS LEAGUE NEXT WK

A reminder of why I mostly give the main football board on here a miss.  Too many brain donors who lack even basic comprehension skills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the recruitment policy alone is a huge step forward for us. 

In terms of who?  Manager or players?

I'm not saying at all that things won't get better, or that given time a new structure won't pay dividends.  At the moment though, all we've got is a new ownership team, but no actual evidence that things are any better. 

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Ranieri has been sacked.

Wonder if they would have been better off having patience with the guy who had them playing great football eventually and getting them up in the first place?

I think they would have still gone down.

Their squad is simply not good enough for the prem, Jokanovic is a decent manager though i do rate him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Ranieri has been sacked.

Wonder if they would have been better off having patience with the guy who had them playing great football eventually and getting them up in the first place?

Made me laugh earlier when Sky said they were now looking for a manager who can get them promoted rather than keep them up. Shame they sacked the best man for that job. 😬

Slightly off topic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Made me laugh earlier when Sky said they were now looking for a manager who can get them promoted rather than keep them up. Shame they sacked the best man for that job. 😬

Slightly off topic. 

I can understand why owners get desperate and make rash decisions in order to stay in the prem. There is so much money at stake.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just hope we can get a single win until the end of the season, because i don't know if it will actually happen.

Forgotten how winning feels like. The Ipswich game seem ages ago. Not felt as depressed to be a villa fan since Garde.

Haha. Get a grip

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

That made me laugh, trust me to be confusing. I didn't mean you specifically by the way. I meant anyone.

I basically tried to say that there are some really encouraging signs that have come from Smith's time as coach.

However if expectations and success rest solely on requiring results in order to gain promotion, then it will be some months before those dreams are realised.

Any clearer?

Now I'm confused how do you get promoted without requiring results to gain promotion?  Because the last time i checked you can't gain promotion without winning games

6 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Now I'm confused how do you get promoted without requiring results to gain promotion?  Because the last time i checked you can't gain promotion without winning games

I can tangle my words. Try 'acquiring' rather than 'requiring' and see if it makes any more sense.

You can't gain promotion without getting the results. That wasn't really the gist of my post though.

I meant if supporters expectations for a successful campaign were rested on us gaining promotion solely, they have a prolonged wait ahead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Seems like Rodgers is off to Leicester.

Sucks, he would be my first choice for the Villa job in the summer. I guess Jokanovic would be a decent choice but our options gets smaller now.

Was never coming and would never come to Villa unless we were already back and settled in the prem. Dont understand why people think think thisa, same with Rafa. 

Â