Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You may be on to something there. Maybe too many of our players lack the intelligence to play smiths way which is another reason a lot of new players will be bought in. 

he should put his message into terms they understand then.

for example when holloway goes on about getting birds into the taxi.

football isn't rocket science is it.

you should see some of the retards I've had to train at work

As a manager you have got to gain maximum respect. If you have the respect you will get the best out of the squad. What I am saying is, weather DS has fell out with some players or not the football on the pitch speaks volumes. We know the team is better than this, they have showed it even without Jack. DS might have some skills, but is he big enough for our club, in that is he ever going to get the respect he may deserve. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard Bielsas training is very hard but the difference is they have a mainly young squad with all players having a future at the club.

Our squad simply isn’t fit enough to play Dean Smiths way.

I was amazed and entertained by the sheer pace and energy shown by Bielsa's highly motivated young team last night.

WBA outworked and outpaced us a couple of weeks ago, but they were made to look like they were wearing lead boots against Leeds.

We are way off the pace at the moment, and that won't start to change until this summer's transfer window.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was amazed and entertained by the sheer pace and energy shown by Bielsa's highly motivated young team last night.

WBA outworked and outpaced us a couple of weeks ago, but they were made to look like they were wearing lead boots against Leeds.

We are way off the pace at the moment, and that won't start to change until this summer's transfer window.

I’m a simple guy.

I don’t think Bruce bought either young, energetic, creative, or aggressive players. He bought and loaned guys to play his way, (which he was entitled to do, and which nearlybworked) But they simply can’t sustain playing differently.

It’s not they can’t do it, they can’t sustain it. As such, the loss of two players who ARE comfortable on the ball and have energy ( Jack and Axel), has affected us disproportionately hard.

For me, that’s all there is to it. Bielsa or Gandalf would both struggle to get much different out of us.

So, in my view, this really is one of the times where a Manager needs a summer and his players.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

They are the fittest team in the league mate. That’s why they’ve won so many games with late goals. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

he should put his message into terms they understand then.

for example when holloway goes on about getting birds into the taxi.

football isn't rocket science is it.

you should see some of the retards I've had to train at work

Some of them get it though and are there for our future. He has to think about them first and foremost.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

As a manager you have got to gain maximum respect. If you have the respect you will get the best out of the squad. What I am saying is, weather DS has fell out with some players or not the football on the pitch speaks volumes. We know the team is better than this, they have showed it even without Jack. DS might have some skills, but is he big enough for our club, in that is he ever going to get the respect he may deserve. 

Do we really know the team is better than this?  Before Smith came we were playing just as badly, and that was with Jack and Axel available.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Do we really know the team is better than this?  Before Smith came we were playing just as badly, and that was with Jack and Axel available.

Example, you don't score 3 goals in 10 minutes if the team is shite. It wasn't as if Sheffield collapsed either. We have seen some quality football in the last games, just struggling to be consistent and get the win, no plan B maybe??

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

DS might have some skills, but is he big enough for our club, in that is he ever going to get the respect he may deserve. 

I thought about that too.

Terry probably got the most respect in the dressing room based on his merits. Dean Smith really have achieved nothing in his career

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can believe it and it’s most likely coming from those that haven’t been offerered a new contract.  Imagine being forced to work your ass off in training even though you have no future at the club.  May not go down well with certain players. 

I heard Bielsas training is very hard but the difference is they have a mainly young squad with all players having a future at the club.

Our squad simply isn’t fit enough to play Dean Smiths way.

Well Smith said they were fit.

Most 20 somethings like to keep fit...lots of footballers go to gym after training.

The idea of smith cracking the whip, and putting the players through sessions that intense that players are revolting is a nice story (now grealish is fit) ....But is highly unlikley to be true. 

thought smith was a techinical guru - with modern coaching methods - not someone who will put players through boot camp (gimmmee 50 !) type sessions.

A manager is judged on results ....deal with it.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Example, you don't score 3 goals in 10 minutes if the team is shite. It wasn't as if Sheffield collapsed either. We have seen some quality football in the last games, just struggling to be consistent and get the win, no plan B maybe??

There were a couple of gifts from the goalkeeper in there though.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Well Smith said they were fit.

Most 20 somethings like to keep fit...lots of footballers go to gym after training.

The idea of smith cracking the whip, and putting the players through sessions that intense that players are revolting is a nice story (now grealish is fit) ....But is highly unlikley to be true. 

thought smith was a techinical guru - with modern coaching methods - not someone who will put players through boot camp (gimmmee 50 !) type sessions.

A manager is judged on results ....deal with it.

The players have to be super fit to play Smith's way though, so a few may be getting pissed off with that.

Players still gotta find a move when they leave us out of contract, so the story of them not trying is a little weak to me. I think they are finding it hard to play Smith's way. but he has no plan B other than play safe for draws. The team he has been playing is still capable of scoring more than 1.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? You judged him before he even managed a game. 

I meant those who do the hiring and firing - will do it based on results.

Smith is closer to the exit door than you think.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I meant those who do the hiring and firing - will do it based on results.

Smith is closer to the exit door than you think.

Let's hope not. Would be a big mistake.

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Sounds like horseshoe to me, from people on Twatter desperate to be seen to be ITK.  What clique of players would be causing such fuss?

Abraham - most unlikely seeing as he agreed to stay and play for Smith

Elphick - brought back by Smith after being binned by Bruce.  I expect he loves Smith

Chester - - he's a consummate professional so would think very unlikely.  Injured in any case.

Adomah - possibly, but again after having Bruce nearly got shut of him, I can't see why he'd have an axe to grind

El Ghazi - young lad, unlikely to give a toss one way or the other

Hutton - strikes me as the sort of chap who just gets on with things, and knows he's almost certainly gone in the summer anyway.

Hourihane - maybe, his form has suffered the most under Smith

Whelan - gets picked by smith more than his ability says he should, would think he loves the bloke.

It's really hard to see how you can make a case for enough senior players to be a 'toxic' cabal against Smith.  Some of them just aren't very good, and I have to say on the evidence so far, the manager just isn't much better.

If anyone I would think kodjia as one as he seems to be unhappy these days and hasn't he hinted at a move away??

The case I would make is alot of our lot have gotten used to not playing real football, on very high wages. Then I would assume we have players that have grown with a give me all not return attitude. With the money they are on and how far we've fallen it wouldn't surprise me as we've ended up with a team like that.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The players have to be super fit to play Smith's way though, so a few may be getting pissed off with that.

Players still gotta find a move when they leave us out of contract, so the story of them not trying is a little weak to me. I think they are finding it hard to play Smith's way. but he has no plan B other than play safe for draws. The team he has been playing is still capable of scoring more than 1.

Elphick has insinuated it though with his comments about everyone needing to realise it would be better for everyone if we were top 6. Referencing the soon to be out of contract players I'd say.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, weedman said:

Were you saying the same thing Tuesday when they lost to QPR?

No....because the example wasn't there to highlight.

I wasn't saying that Leeds do it every match, because they don't....but making the point of that is whats required....The more often you play like that the more likely it is to get out of this league.

Â