Dean Smith

Demitri_C

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Either that or Fulham look like absolute clowns for sacking the manager who had them playing good football and took them up in the first place.

Based on his previous record indications were possibly that they will have had a better chance to turn it around with stability.

Instead, they've now had to make 2 payouts and will have to pay for a new manager only to get relegated again anyway.

I agree that it was a terrible choice, Jankovic had them playing good football and got them promoted, yeah they were struggling in the prem but they bought a lot of new players, he prob would habe for them straight back up also if they got relegated.

Some nuts decisions out there, like Leicester sacking ranieri 6 months after he won the prem, jist mind bogglingly stupid.

• Like 1

Can't understand why posters want Smith sacked.

He lost his best two players to long term injury when playing some great football and his other steady CB played most of this season with an injury. Results took a nose dive after that.

I would also consider his signings to date, all of which have been more than decent.

Give the man a chance to clear and put right the mess caused by several of the previous managers throughout the summer and at least give him a pre-season to bring the new team together.

Then judge him after ten games of the new season wherever that may be as there is still an outside chance of securing sixth this season with Grealish ready to come back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

ranieri sacked after 16 games? this should be a warning to smith.

Edens and silent egyptian need to show they're not soft touches.

Unortunately our owners doesn't have the same ruthlessness and are prepared to give him time just for the sake of it.

Without Smith actually earning his right to keep his job.

Smith said at his first press conference that he had earned his right to get this job, then he has to earn his right by the end of the season to keep his job in my opinion. And what has it been something like 2 wins in the last 15 games? Not good enough, nowhere near good enough in fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I agree that it was a terrible choice, Jankovic had them playing good football and got them promoted, yeah they were struggling in the prem but they bought a lot of new players, he prob would habe for them straight back up also if they got relegated.

Some nuts decisions out there, like Leicester sacking ranieri 6 months after he won the prem, jist mind bogglingly stupid.

Agreed should have never sacked Jokanovic. I agree with the decision of sacking Ranieri though.

Ranieri was completely out of his depth.

Fairly confident he will start Grealish tomorrow. From his press conference he said that they need to work out if it's better to start him and take him off, or bring him on later. We would be much stronger playing him from the start, taking him off with half hour to go and bringing Carroll into the mix to get 30 minutes under his belt.

Tuanzebe to return for the Blackburn game as well. Four more games until we are full strength once again.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Either that or Fulham look like absolute clowns for sacking the manager who had them playing good football and took them up in the first place.

Based on his previous record indications were possibly that they will have had a better chance to turn it around with stability.

Instead, they've now had to make 2 payouts and will have to pay for a new manager only to get relegated again anyway.

Cherry on top is already having gotten rid of a manager which is already proven in the Championship and knows the squad.

Don't get me wrong i'm well aware of what is at stake and sometimes you need to take quick action to try to stay in the PL, but indications are you should be trying to make better decisions from the get go.

Wonder if Rowett has asked himself for permission to speak to them yet? 

I think it all went tits up for Fulham when they lost fredericks and couldn't sign targett. Both were a huge part of the way they played. Made way too many signings that didn't come remotely close to how jokanovic had them playing. They lost the plot when they got promoted. Should of looked at Brighton and Bournemouth. Minimal change whilst trying to strengthen too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Fairly confident he will start Grealish tomorrow. From his press conference he said that they need to work out if it's better to start him and take him off, or bring him on later. We would be much stronger playing him from the start, taking him off with half hour to go and bringing Carroll into the mix to get 30 minutes under his belt.

Tuanzebe to return for the Blackburn game as well. Four more games until we are full strength once again.

Bring him on around 50thminute.becrazy tk start him after having been injured this long. 

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That just sound desperate.

Grealish been out for so long i don't want him to start, should ease him in.

Eh? Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'd argue Jack is fully fit and raring to go. Fitness was never in question throughout his absence, it was not wanting to aggravate his shins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That just sound desperate.

Grealish been out for so long i don't want him to start, should ease him in.

Not really, we have a habit of being poor in the first half and coming to life in games for the last 10-20 minutes.

If we start Grealish tomorrow against an injury riddled Derby side we could start the game strong, get the home support back on board and get the team playing the football we know they can play. Bring Grealish off in the second half when we would hopefully be leading the game and then let the momentum carry us through for the rest of the game, also bedding in Carrol at Villa Park.

It sounds very simplistic and probably won't happen that way, but bringing Grealish on 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go is a hell of a lot more desperate.

14 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

So by your logic, Jokanović shouldn't have been sacked because his team  (which he built over three seasons) was rock bottom of the league, had no wins in 7 games, but would've turned it around apparently......BUT you want Smith sacked because he's effectively managing another manager's team, has 2 wins in 13 and is sitting in 13th......

They play in the prem mate... We play in the championship.

Fulham's squad isn't good enough at that level, that's the reality. We should be inside top 6 with the squad we have. Blues are 5 points above us and their squad is horrific.

Â