Dean Smith

Demitri_C

@Jimzk5 posted this stat (apologies I can’t quote properly)

“Aston villa are winless in 52 away premier League games when conceding first. 47 defeats and 5 draws”

I assume that’s correct. 

The reason I’m raising this is because when it transpired Palace hadn’t won a match when trailing behind at halftime, it was “Well along come Dean Smith’s Aston Villa to rectify the situation...”

This is not meant as a dig at anyone who gets annoyed when Villa break other teams unwanted records. I don’t like it either.

This is to underline the fact that it is not just us that helps teams out with embarrassing records. I know it seems like it. But it’s not. There will be Spurs supporters now saying “See Villa’s abysmal record for turning around games away from home, well isn’t it nice of us to help them out...”

50+ points in the top flight, first time for years.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

Great result tonight and good performance! Glad to see 2 youngsters make their debuts too, I hope Smith says something about the state of var as well, we've been **** over with it far to many times so far this season and I genuinley belive that penalty is the worst of them all

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I didn't look back any further, but out of five of the last six seasons 52 points would have been enough for a top half finish, in two of those seasons it would have been good enough for an eighth place finish. So unlucky in that regard.

This is what it boils down to. How anyone can think this season hasn't been a success is beyond me. 

• Like 2

top marks for the players and top marks for smith. dropping elmo for a CB. putting youngsters on at cruicial times. taking jack off to ease him back to fitness when he was having a blinder. bold decisions that paid off...**** delighted here

• Like 2

Deano masterclass. 

Spot on performance today, we battered them in the first half and even when not being in as much control in the second we still created multiple opportunities from counter attacks. I'm not exaggerating when I say we could have put about 5 goals past them. 

It's obviously a shame that our season fell off the way it did but that's now 52 points and wins over Spurs, Liverpool and a double over Arsenal. If you can't sit back and think that in fact this has been a great season then I just don't know. 

• Like 2

Great stuff from deano tonight.

We looked good ans luiz made a massive difference. He opened the game up and they could not handle him

Defending was exceptional tonight.  When we bought thw youngstwrs on it actually took the pressure off us as well.

Great atuff tonight dean you wont hear any moaning from me.  That was a superb win and performance 

• Like 2

Another year of progress. 

Well done Dean 

Looking forward to seeing who we sign in the summer and also seeing the youngsters develop, 

I've not seen the match today yet but I've seen the result and am very much looking forward to watching it later. Seems like there's a lot to be happy about today, but I think even as a big Dean supporter it's worth mentioning that one excellent game doesn't really excuse the poor run of form we've been on recently. While the season overall has been a success in my book, we'll need to start next season well if we want to keep progressing upwards.

That said, I think it's nice to get your form back in the final games of the season. Much better to end things on a high than a low. Hopefully we'll give Chelsea a good game and the players will go into the break happy with the progress we're making!

Well done Deano!

Even though we have nothing to play of for pretty ballsy for him to bring on the youngsters at that time.

Huge boost for them and the youth team - just screams that he has huge confidence in their ability. 

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

I've not seen the match today yet but I've seen the result and am very much looking forward to watching it later. Seems like there's a lot to be happy about today, but I think even as a big Dean supporter it's worth mentioning that one excellent game doesn't really excuse the poor run of form we've been on recently. While the season overall has been a success in my book, we'll need to start next season well if we want to keep progressing upwards.

That said, I think it's nice to get your form back in the final games of the season. Much better to end things on a high than a low. Hopefully we'll give Chelsea a good game and the players will go into the break happy with the progress we're making!

This was probably the best we have played in a long time, after a dreadful opening 10 minutes we pretty much bossed them. over 20 shots on goal

You will enjoy the game ;) 

• Like 1

Â