Dean Smith

Demitri_C

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

beat a Super 6 team, changed the regular XI, made good subs and gave the youngsters a chance

Wonder what todays excuse will be on here to have a go at Dean :D 

That pin badge in the middle his top was a bit of a pain, why put it there🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh I don't take it too personally. Me and @Demitri_Chave had back and forth and it's all good fun. 

You're right, that's what it is. Great win. Up thr **** villa.

Yep indeed. we might not agree all the time but i respect DCs opinion on subjects.

He has got intials in his username as well that helps 😉

So Jack starts and we win..............nothing to do with Smith!

I know irony doesn't work on the internet so let me say, great result, great performance, great to see the kids get some minutes and Dean made some good selection choices for the starting line up.

Hopefully Chelsea will be taking it easy with the CL Final upcoming and we can finish with 3 points at home.

A season filled with many positives I think.

• Like 1

I love the fact we beat Spurs.

-  ***** their chance of reaching the top 4.

And

- We've frustrated their fans and made them look a laughing stock, even the Sky pundits were laughing at them boo'ing.

Get that right up ya Mr Levy!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I love the fact we beat Spurs.

-  ***** their chance of reaching the top 4.

And

- We've frustrated their fans and made them look a laughing stock, even the Sky pundits were laughing at them boo'ing.

Get that right up ya Mr Levy!

That’s the second time they’ve failed to get into Europe this season. Big 6, you’re having a laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Finish season in 11th, whilst second half of season Is disappointing, that’s a good improvement especially when you consider we’ve beaten Liverpool, Arsenal (twice), Leicester, Spurs. Will give the team confidence knowing we can outplay them all

Well done Smith

Potentially 3 villa players going to a major tournament with England. Has that ever happened before? Credit to Dean, he's improved most of the players and the squad value must be fairly significant now too.

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm so glad to be a supporter of this club now more than ever. And so thank you Dean, thank you.

The last decade was certainly one for the memory bank, in that we as supporters have seen how quickly momentum can gather and things go south rapidly.

I mean, I don't know how accurate these claims were, but I remember reading through many thorough discussion on us potentially folding as Xia rolled the dice.

I feel like we can focus again on the reason we are all here, what is at the heart of what brings in tens of thousands into the gates each week, and that is footballing skill.

When I look back and think about what caused this ship to turn around, it was essentially the appointment of Dean Smith.

As we grow into this current stage of Villa's history and identity, being a team that can win any fixture, epitomised by our defeating Liverpool 7-2, I'm in awe of how good Dean is.

His achievements to date for the most part go underrated and underappreciated, as Villa "should be" fighting for a place in the higher echelons of English football, many have said.

Some people think that form is temporary and class in permanent, well I think we are testimony to why that's some uppity self entitled nonsense. 

Poor decision making and leadership who do not care or invest in the people they are meant to be charged with making decisions on the behalf of, leads to poverty in some form.

I can safely say there's not another man I want in the role Dean occupies while he continues to steer us in the direction of concentrated and focused football development.

In a time where some supporters care more about their $50 bet paying off than they do their football team having success that week, it's nice to be supporting Villa.

I felt a like wasn't enough. Top post mate! 

• Thanks 1

I gave Dean loads of grief after one of our worst performances of the season at Palace. Only fair that I should give him some Kudos after today. Much better Dean. Very well done. Loved seeing the youngsters on the pitch too. No complaints from me.

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm so glad to be a supporter of this club now more than ever. And so thank you Dean, thank you.

The last decade was certainly one for the memory bank, in that we as supporters have seen how quickly momentum can gather and things go south rapidly.

I mean, I don't know how accurate these claims were, but I remember reading through many thorough discussion on us potentially folding as Xia rolled the dice.

I feel like we can focus again on the reason we are all here, what is at the heart of what brings in tens of thousands into the gates each week, and that is footballing skill.

When I look back and think about what caused this ship to turn around, it was essentially the appointment of Dean Smith.

As we grow into this current stage of Villa's history and identity, being a team that can win any fixture, epitomised by our defeating Liverpool 7-2, I'm in awe of how good Dean is.

His achievements to date for the most part go underrated and underappreciated, as Villa "should be" fighting for a place in the higher echelons of English football, many have said.

Some people think that form is temporary and class in permanent, well I think we are testimony to why that's some uppity self entitled nonsense. 

Poor decision making and leadership who do not care or invest in the people they are meant to be charged with making decisions on the behalf of, leads to poverty in some form.

I can safely say there's not another man I want in the role Dean occupies while he continues to steer us in the direction of concentrated and focused football development.

In a time where some supporters care more about their $50 bet paying off than they do their football team having success that week, it's nice to be supporting Villa.

Cracking post mate.  :thumb:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Top remarks

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Potentially 3 villa players going to a major tournament with England. Has that ever happened before? Credit to Dean, he's improved most of the players and the squad value must be fairly significant now too.

And McGinn with Scotland, he'll at least enjoy the group stages 

20 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Could it not potentially be 4 with Anwar being in the preliminary Dutch squad?

Â