Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, eholm said:

Fair point but as long he is getting minutes and being involved shifting him across wouldn't/shoudn't impact him too much, IMO.

I just hope for his sake that he gets into the England squad. Also as an England fan I want that too. As good as Foden is, a fit, on form Jack will bring something to the team that no others can. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

My thoughts precisely. I still think he's harder to nullify if playing centrally and it will improve him even more. Varies our attacking as well instead of being so LHS dominant. 

Traore has a tendency to cut inside and drive toward the middle. I'm not sure if we put Jack in the middle permenantly whether we would want to coach that out of Bertie. It is nice to have an overload there, but they may get in each others way, and may expose us on the right (which for all his good points Bertie does a fair bit anyway). 

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

My thoughts precisely. I still think he's harder to nullify if playing centrally and it will improve him even more. Varies our attacking as well instead of being so LHS dominant. 

Yeah, it would be nice to see him in the centre as our attacking and creative fulcrum… he can easily perform that role and thread through balls for the front 3 to run onto and score from. A few long rangers would be nice too…

He can be isolated and doubled up on out on the wing, but his class still shows.

But I also would be delighted if we signed an amazing AM who could bring out the best in all our attackers…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Traore has a tendency to cut inside and drive toward the middle. I'm not sure if we put Jack in the middle permenantly whether we would want to coach that out of Bertie. It is nice to have an overload there, but they may get in each others way, and may expose us on the right (which for all his good points Bertie does a fair bit anyway). 

More of an obsession than a tendency 🙂 Reckon Smith will be looking for a right footed, quick RW in Summer so may reduce any potential overcrowding.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eholm said:

More of an obsession than a tendency 🙂 Reckon Smith will be looking for a right footed, quick RW in Summer so may reduce any potential overcrowding.

I still say I reckon Kubo would of been sweet for the right or even Bailey. Not sure Dwight McNeil operates on the right he seems to be left and central.

There are plenty of amazing RWs out there and I'd be even willing to bring in Saint Maximin who can operate the right and left or even as a second striker.

Pereira from West Brom is another who is fast very tricky who can operate both Wings and as an attacking midfielder, I would like to see him join the most I think.

Maximin is right footed, Pereira is left, McNeil is left, Takefuso is left and Bailey is left.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Dave-R said:

I still say I reckon Kubo would of been sweet for the right or even Bailey. Not sure Dwight McNeil operates on the right he seems to be left and central.

There are plenty of amazing RWs out there and I'd be even willing to bring in Saint Maximin who can operate the right and left or even as a second striker.

Pereira from West Brom is another who is fast very tricky who can operate both Wings and as an attacking midfielder, I would like to see him join the most I think.

Kubo looks like an exceptional talent, amazing dribbling ability… but how to free him from the clutches of Real Madrid?

I want Buendia…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

So? 

Sacking of Sherwood for Poch happened for the same reasons as Poch for Mourinho. 

If sacking managers after a bad spell is the right thing to do, then sacking Poch for Mourinho was the right thing to do. Results indicate not. 

What do you mean so?

I was talking about when sherwood was repkaced with poch not mourinho. Another poster bought that up

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kubo looks like an exceptional talent, amazing dribbling ability… but how to free him from the clutches of Real Madrid?

I want Buendia…

I'd settle for him I reckon, Beundia is let down by rest of his team I think.

Kubo I wonder if we could set up a loan to buy option with Madrid, Smith has tried before not sure if he'd go back but now's the time and they may think why not they may need the money. How much you reckon for Kubo, about 30 mill?

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Kubo I wonder if we could set up a loan to buy option with Madrid, Smith has tried before not sure if he'd go back but now's the time and they may think why not they may need the money. How much you reckon for Kubo, about 30 mill?

Hard to say, I don’t think they will have any interest in selling and would only be tempted by a massive free. Particularly taking his age and potential into account, they’d likely want a buyback option and fixed fee or something…

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Buendia is a creative monster and is getting better and better, would help us massively. He is going to be a star and we should get him before another club does and avoid regretting not making the move. Ollie would thrive and Jack would have less burden on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oops, this should all be in the transfer window thread.

Apologies.

I wouldn't worry about it Jas these lot took it all off subject way before you an I lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

Just listening to him now on TS.

"We expect to get better season on season." Dosen't agree on downplaying expectations for next season.

Thinks first 11 is match for anyone but key injuries disrupted us.

Agrees we struggled to work out what to do for first 5-6 games after Grealish injury.

Bringing it back to Dean, related to the transfer market....does anyone have any doubts about his ability to persuade signings to join us? Does anyone think having him as a manager will hold us back in the market compared with anyone with a bigger name that we could realistically attract (Benitez?)?

For me, I think the way our owners have rewarded signings, the way our players have stepped up each season, and the way Dean has overseen consecutive seasons of improvement (as well as a 7-2 hammering of the reigning champions) means we can and should be optimistic about who we can attract to us. Maybe someone like Rafa might attract a specific countries players to us more easily, but I genuinely think we should be excited about Dean adding another 3 quality players to our squad, and seeing where it takes us.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Bringing it back to Dean, related to the transfer market....does anyone have any doubts about his ability to persuade signings to join us? Does anyone think having him as a manager will hold us back in the market compared with anyone with a bigger name that we could realistically attract (Benitez?)?

For me, I think the way our owners have rewarded signings, the way our players have stepped up each season, and the way Dean has overseen consecutive seasons of improvement (as well as a 7-2 hammering of the reigning champions) means we can and should be optimistic about who we can attract to us. Maybe someone like Rafa might attract a specific countries players to us more easily, but I genuinely think we should be excited about Dean adding another 3 quality players to our squad, and seeing where it takes us.

Nope, it shouldn’t have any effect.

It’s clear to see that we are a club on the rise and have genuine ambitions (the same applies to Dean).

Yes, some of our displays and results against sides such as Liverpool & Arsenal will have gained us more exposure and turned a few heads. Plus we have a world class player in Jack that many would want to come and play with.

We try to play attractive, attacking football. We’re not a negative, park the bus type side. Another appealing element…

What is high profile? And what does it count for? Look at the state of Jose ******* Mourinho, the media darling! He is shit and his teams play like shit!

The game has moved on.

Our owners are high profile, credible, loaded and mean business too.

What’s not to love? 😆

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Nope, it shouldn’t have any effect.

It’s clear to see that we are a club on the rise and have genuine ambitions (the same applies to Dean).

Yes, some of our displays and results against sides such as Liverpool & Arsenal will have gained us more exposure and turned a few heads. Plus we have a world class player in Jack that many would want to come and play with.

We try to play attractive, attacking football. We’re not a negative, park the bus type side. Another appealing element…

What is high profile? And what does it count for? Look at the state of Jose ******* Mourinho, the media darling! He is shit and his teams play like shit!

The game has moved on.

Our owners are high profile, credible, loaded and mean business too.

What’s not to love? 😆

I think I'd cry if we ended up with Mourinho, there is a reason I didn't write his name. 

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I think I'd cry if we ended up with Mourinho, there is a reason I didn't write his name. 

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

🤣

Sorry, forgot to state  that I agree with you.

Nice to see a positive message. 😆

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

In one sense, yes, in another sense, NO.

Reason being, I think most players will be sold the overall vision/project and ambition of the club ( As well as wages of course ), and that is not tied to any one manager.

For example, Sheffield United could have Pep Guardiola in charge, but it doesn't mean they would be able to attract/afford Messi or Aguero.

Deans stock will hopefully rise as the club improves. ( Obviously he has to play a part in improving himself )

I think a low key strategy of ours is getting certain nationalities, from certain clubs as well, player word of mouth etc also helps IMO.

All that failing, we could just bring Tim Sherwood in for the Facials? Or whoever else used to do them . lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

It's wierd too because If we did get the special one as manager for next season we would immediately become a member of the big7 to the idiots at sky.

Give me Deano anyday.

• Like 1

Â