Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, peterw said:

Not at all. Do you think that's the first time a team double up'd on Jack? It just happened that Coufal had a great game on the night. he's had that attention for most of the season and dealt with it. He hasn't suddenly been found out.

Coufal has been one of the best defenders in the league this season as well

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just listening to him now on TS.

"We expect to get better season on season." Dosen't agree on downplaying expectations for next season.

Thinks first 11 is match for anyone but key injuries disrupted us.

Agrees we struggled to work out what to do for first 5-6 games after Grealish injury.

pretty fair assessment, of our squad players only Anwar has come in and taken his chance. Hause and Nakamba have done OK as back up but not been needed much and not really fair to judge Ramsey and Sanson yet for different reasons

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

What do you mean so?

I was talking about when sherwood was repkaced with poch not mourinho. Another poster bought that up

And I answered them about 3 posts down. 

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In one sense, yes, in another sense, NO.

Reason being, I think most players will be sold the overall vision/project and ambition of the club ( As well as wages of course ), and that is not tied to any one manager.

For example, Sheffield United could have Pep Guardiola in charge, but it doesn't mean they would be able to attract/afford Messi or Aguero.

Deans stock will hopefully rise as the club improves. ( Obviously he has to play a part in improving himself )

I think a low key strategy of ours is getting certain nationalities, from certain clubs as well, player word of mouth etc also helps IMO.

All that failing, we could just bring Tim Sherwood in for the Facials? Or whoever else used to do them . lol

slow motion girl GIF by Genevieve Blais

carry on teacher GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

be booing the team for not winning the league ;) 

And murmurs of how we are doomed if the manager and board think signing 15 year olds like Kyrie Pierre is the answer, when we need quality players to sort this shambles. BOOO!!!

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And murmurs of how we are doomed if the manager and board think signing 15 year olds like Kyrie Pierre is the answer, when we need quality players to sort this shambles. BOOO!!!

yes but in a Brummie accent he will be called Katie Perry ;) 

• Haha 2

On 18/05/2021 at 10:29, DCJonah said:

I absolutely agree. 

My issue with Steve Bruce, was that we never looked like his style would lead to consistent results. Like I say, the journey is important. 

But also I appreciate the journey isn't finished and expecting it to be is daft. We've changed leagues and rebuilt a squad and only had one proper pre season with Dean as manager. 

We also have to rely on players who really have no right playing in this league (elmo, davis) and have back up options who still have huge question marks over their ability to play at this level. 

I'd much prefer to discuss our issues and how they get resolved because I don't believe we have to centre it around criticism. I can discuss our inability to keep the ball at times and how we can improve, without having to criticise Dean or make out his jobs on the line.

The need to criticise is where the foot stamping analogy comes in. It's clear there are improvements needed but most of us are able to accept that this is a long term project and we're not going to be the finished article at this time. 

I can't argue with any of that and have no wish too.

I too never seen Steve Bruce as a long term solution.....I was just miffed just like you are with Dean at the personal treatment of the man......I think our Managers deserve respect, we only see a part of what they do, albeit an important part.

Its the Owners who will see the full picture and act accordingly, I was in support of the owners when they culled Bruce, but Ironically they too turned out to be, not what we expected.

We all know we are still WIP and the criticisms are more observations to me....its commenting on the game itself, divorced from the mitigation.....I am not including just slagging of as observations, by the way.

I hope Dean Sees like we do and acts accordingly in the closed Season.....and I hope he is here next season, to move us on.

I have never been in support of unadulterated vitriol aimed at our Managers and that Includes Dean.....We are going through choppy waters, I hope is able to charter them.

However, If a constructive case is brought against a player of a coach, its worth considering and if applicable, countering.....thats debate and its healthy.

On 18/05/2021 at 10:30, DCJonah said:

I think there's more chance that Dean gets a new contract in the summer than being sacked. 

and if that is the case, it will receive my support and Here's why?

These Owners are supporting our club beyond my wildest dreams....They are astute business men, who will also have close personal advisers around them, to quell any doubts or fears.

They are putting their money where their mouth is....That is Bold and I would suspect on grounds of sound information and due dilligence.

I would be lying, If I said I didn't have reservations about Dean in some aspects, not all, in how far he can take us....but the overidding factor for me is the Owners trust.

If they trust Dean to see this project through, so do I.

Nobody, would part with the money they are on a whim, despite their financial wherewithal.

• Like 3

On 18/05/2021 at 13:09, Phil Silvers said:

It's wierd too because If we did get the special one as manager for next season we would immediately become a member of the big7 to the idiots at sky.

Give me Deano anyday.

Phil.....If I may be so bold as to call you that.

Every sensible fan wants Dean to succeed, if he does we do.....what can be more simple.

some folk are expressing doubts or concerns, fine if they explain why?......some are just downright rude and abusive out there ( not on here) and he doesn't deserve that.

but I don't think its right either, to read something on the internet and assume its being said by posters on here.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

and if that is the case, it will receive my support and Here's why?

These Owners are supporting our club beyond my wildest dreams....They are astute business men, who will also have close personal advisers around them, to quell any doubts or fears.

They are putting their money where their mouth is....That is Bold and I would suspect on grounds of sound information and due dilligence.

I would be lying, If I said I didn't have reservations about Dean in some aspects, not all, in how far he can take us....but the overidding factor for me is the Owners trust.

If they trust Dean to see this project through, so do I.

Nobody, would part with the money they are on a whim, despite their financial wherewithal.

Pretty accurate.

Even though Deano drives me nuts sometimes.

The pros still outweigh the cons ( As it stands ) IMO.

As you have rightly pointed out, the trust in the owners to make the right decisions is at an all time high for me.

This even goes for the signing of players and so on.

• Like 1

Â