Dean Smith

Demitri_C

A Nakamba brain fart away from a clean sheet and better finishing away from sticking 4 or 5 past them. Chuk and JPB getting minutes in an important period of a senior game and Jack getting a decent amount of minutes in too.

Can't complain about that at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

beat a Super 6 team, changed the regular XI, made good subs and gave the youngsters a chance

Wonder what todays excuse will be on here to have a go at Dean :D 

I saw a cracker in the match thread that bringing the kids on was actually a terrible move because it was risking the points.

It did invoke Poe's law in that I'm not sure if it was parody but when it's that funny I'm not fussed.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If you ever wonder why some get a bit defensive. 

This from the last few minutes of the match thread is a prime example

Someone else asked if Dean was trying to lose. 

You ran faster than Usain Bolt to get here to post that didn't you.

Well done you.

• Like 1

I didn't look back any further, but out of five of the last six seasons 52 points would have been enough for a top half finish, in two of those seasons it would have been good enough for an eighth place finish. So unlucky in that regard.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You ran faster than Usain Bolt to get here to post that didn't you.

Well done you.

To be fair, like the anti Smith fans do when we lose.  Same both ways.

• Like 3

Only right to give him credit. Thought he got it all wrong second half Sunday but tonight he put Luiz on at the right time when Spurs were starting to step up and loved him giving the young lads the responsibility to see the game out which will benefit us long term.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

beat a Super 6 team, changed the regular XI, made good subs and gave the youngsters a chance

Wonder what todays excuse will be on here to have a go at Dean :D 

He's Ginger.... kinda...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I didn't look back any further, but out of five of the last six seasons 52 points would have been enough for a top half finish, in two of those seasons it would have been good enough for an eighth place finish. So unlucky in that regard.

Yeah checked this during the game myself. Points total is the main thing for me really because as your post alludes to you can't really control the performance of other sides outside of when you're playing them. Makes our progress even more remarkable when you look at it in that context, despite the disappointment of the last few months on the whole.

• Thanks 1

Â