Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, limvillian said:

I disagree.  At 2-0 up at have time you have to see it out. 

Time, but not the personnel. Leeds were the better side even when we were 2-0 up and continued to pressure us, playing neat football and passing through the middle of the park with ease.  We looked completely shattered and defensively atrocious, which started in midfield.  They honestly could've won 5-2.  We don't have the personnel to close games up.  We're much better equipped to be chasing games, strangely.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't think Dean can do more than he is doing already, we are lucky not to have had injuries earlier. Decisions made before him are likely to cost us any chance at promotion as everyone around us keeps winning and we've made what feels like little progress up the table even if our football has been outstanding.

This really, out midfield was woeful 2nd half, not sure Thor could play 45 minutes so not sure how else he could shut it down.

Also Elmo being garbage didn't help

He’s doing very well with what Bruce has left behind. Our back 5 is utterly atrocious and easily one of the worst defensive units in the division. We need to score 2 goals every game just to be in with a chance of getting a point. 

He is more than aware that we need 4 defenders in Jan, it’s just whether or not we’re allowed to spend the money.

Some.bad subs today. I would have brought on adomah instead of so ghazi. Taken hutton off and moved bree to th with revan at cb. Make a example of Elmo next game. Drop him from the squad completely and let green play at rb. Give revan his debut

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Some.bad subs today. I would have brought on adomah instead of so ghazi. Taken hutton off and moved bree to th with revan at cb. Make a example of Elmo next game. Drop him from the squad completely and let green play at rb. Give revan his debut

Thanks for that - wish you were in charge.

Missing Grealish, Axel, and Taylor.

Forced to play Whelan in Midfield, Hutton at Left Back, and Bree at CB.  We all know how shit our Keeper is and have no depth in any position but Striker/Winger.  What was Deano supposed to do differently to "see that lead out"????

If we had Klopp, Guardiola, or even Mourinho at the helm today, we would have lost that game too.  Not Smith's fault.  

• Like 1

I can't blame the manager for the defeat today - the players really let him down. If we can just see ourselves through the next few games and sign a few in Jan, we should be pretty certain of a play off place. I can't see automatic promotion now, unless everyone else around us loses games as well.

Â