Dean Smith

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also didn't like how bitter he sounded in the interview.

Blaming the ref, which had poor decisions for both teams and questioning Leeds celebration.

You got to show more class than that, losing is a part of football. Get over it, learn from it and improve for the next game. Being bitter just give the opposition the chance to banter you

I know if youre 2-0 down and win 3-2 in the last minute the celebrations are going to be big time party ...

Seems he didnt even have a good press conference after all.

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also didn't like how bitter he sounded in the interview.

Blaming the ref, which had poor decisions for both teams and questioning Leeds celebration.

You got to show more class than that, losing is a part of football. Get over it, learn from it and improve for the next game. Being bitter just give the opposition the chance to banter you

Huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah they did. Leeds had two clear penalties denied and a debatable third.

Should their defender have gone about a minute in? Looked an ugly tussle with Kodj with their keeper miles out of position.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Should their defender have gone about a minute in? Looked an ugly tussle with Kodj with their keeper miles out of position.

Is that one of those situations where they've stopped giving red cards for? Not sure if it's not in the box.

But yes that should have been a foul and a yellow at least. Genuinely don't know if it should have been a red.

• Like 1

Without our best defender and midfielder we still managed a decent performance. We have to get things into perspective, we're at the beginning of something special and Leeds are 6 months ahead of us in theirs. Top 2 isn't over but it's probably to much for us to be involved.

No team in this division would want to play us in a one off game if we're are at full strength. If Tumzabe and Grealish would have played today then we would have been celebrating a big win . Good luck to Leeds they deserve their moment in the sun and probably deserve promotion.....

A Villa Leeds  play off final  with both teams at full strength would be one hell of a spectacle. UTV 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is that one of those situations where they've stopped giving red cards for? Not sure if it's not in the box.

But yes that should have been a foul and a yellow at least. Genuinely don't know if it should have been a red.

I think it should have been a red, so ref bottled it and gave nothing.

All about if ref thinks the guy tried to get the ball. Horseshit did he. Hauled him down.

Smith had his hands on his head like we'd just missed a pen.

Edited by Tomaszk

I sympathise that he's having to work with some shit defenders, but there's no excusing our lack of players on the posts at corners.

Today at least we had someone at the near post where previously they've both been exposed, but I feel like we're continually shipping easy goals from corners because once the header is won there's nobody to stop it.

A man at the back post today and Jansson might not have equalised 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I sympathise that he's having to work with some shit defenders, but there's no excusing our lack of players on the posts at corners.

Today at least we had someone at the near post where previously they've both been exposed, but I feel like we're continually shipping easy goals from corners because once the header is won there's nobody to stop it.

A man at the back post today and Jansson might not have equalised 

We do need a couple  of tall defenders, who don't give a crap and will get in there and deal with it.

Whenever teams come at our defenders I feel like we're watching a girls brownie guide group trying to setup a team to sell cookies to oncoming attackers instead of closing them down.

Aston villa defenders what can I say but screw you bruce for the mess and screw those defenders who just can't seem to fit in, make it work and deal with attacking players, who make mistake after mistake and don't seem to learn.

Chester, hutton, Taylor, bree, and specifically Elmo after today are making defending look like the toughest position to play in football, they belong in a division down, by no means are they premiere quality.

Can't we get Vince Mcmahon to do a YOUR FIRED!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We do need a couple  of tall defenders, who don't give a crap and will get in there and deal with it.

Whenever teams come at our defenders I feel like we're watching a girls brownie guide group trying to setup a team to sell cookies to oncoming attackers instead of closing them down.

Aston villa defenders what can I say but screw you bruce for the mess and screw those defenders who just can't seem to fit in, make it work and deal with attacking players, who make mistake after mistake and don't seem to learn.

Chester, hutton, Taylor, bree, and specifically Elmo after today are making defending look like the toughest position to play in football, they belong in a division down, by no means are they premiere quality.

Can't we get Vince Mcmahon to do a YOUR FIRED!!!

by Sir David Attenborough

The missing species.....such a rare breed around Aston....They are mooted to be from a dark age, never likely to surface again, some say extinct, but we have sightings reported from around the country....even academies can't seem to cultivate them.

If you happen to see one anywhere near Aston or Bodymoor Heath the breeding ground....we will send a camera team over immediately....but don't mention the Blue Planet, we don't like Blue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Nonsense.  If you can’t see that Smith has taken a very poor Bruce roster and greatly improved it, then I don’t know what sport you are watching.  

That is entirely different from saying everything about this team is still down to Steve Bruce, which is the statement I was picking up. 

It seems hard to deny that players like Abraham, McGinn, Bolassie and El Ghazi have enhanced the squad. They are part of Steve Bruce’s legacy.

I think it is unwise to hold Bruce responsible for the way the team plays under Smith. I doubt very much whether Dean Smith would be too impressed to see people minimising the influence of his management in this way.

Edited by briny_ear

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah they did. Leeds had two clear penalties denied and a debatable third.

Quite right. By the end I was glad the ref was so awful because I think the poor decisions weighed slightly in our favour. 

Although if he had given Davis a red card for his stamp on Abraham perhaps things might have been different.

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That's why i cabt get my head around smith saying the ref was poor. He missed two terrible stone wall.pens for Leeds. He was dreadful for both sides.

Yeah but who gives a shit about what the ref felt and did or didn't do for Leeds??.

It's our own that we should be focusing on, not wether Leeds got hard done by from the Ref.

He, and his assistant situated at the Trinity side were awful today.

This is the 3rd or 4th game in as many weeks where poor officiating is costing us deeply.

The standard of officiating in this division is piss poor.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think its hard to blame Smith what happened. We had 3 right backs playing from start because thats all was available

Bruce or not Bruce it has poisoned our season

No, you're right.

That previous muppet in charge has already helped **** this season.

If Dean Smith plugs a tune out of what he has inherited and get's us promoted then it's manager of the season candidate for me.

How the son of the potato can keep coming out on Twatter justifying his father's piss poor management here, is nothing short of delusional.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah but who gives a shit about what the ref felt and did or didn't do for Leeds??.

It's our own that we should be focusing on, not wether Leeds got hard done by from the Ref.

He, and his assistant situated at the Trinity side were awful today.

This is the 3rd or 4th game in as many weeks where poor officiating is costing us deeply.

The standard of officiating in this division is piss poor.

But you can't say the ref was poor for us when he was even worse for Leeds. They should have had two stone wall pens. Ours was not as big decisions as leeds.

Fact is defensively we are woeful.  Leeds have a make shift back four with younger players and defended better than our experienced defenders.

Hutton and Elmo were embarrassing

Pathetic defending and for me the final stenches of bruce that need to go to give smith his "own style"

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

But you can't say the ref was poor for us when he was even worse for Leeds. They should have had two stone wall pens. Ours was not as big decisions as leeds.

Fact is defensively we are woeful.  Leeds have a make shift back four with younger players and defended better than our experienced defenders.

Hutton and Elmo were embarrassing

Pathetic defending and for me the final stenches of bruce that need to go to give smith his "own style"

Dem. No disrespect when I say this but I don't give a shit about Leeds, it's the descisions for us, Aston Villa - or lack of - that I am concerned about. Yes overall the ref had a shit game.

I point to the game at WestBrom as another example, the 90th minute 'Try' from the WestBrom player Rodriguez - with the Linesman standing clear as day looking at it.

Wether our own players lack whatever that is for the manager to address, but after a while it becomes irrelevant if the Refs cannot officiate properly. It takes the piss.

Â