Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We had Little and Big Ron after GT Mk1. The Little Era in particular was something very special to me. I liked Gregory as a bloke and our team was good to brilliant at times. But it wasnt quite as magical.

For some reason I just don't have much memory of the early nineties... I was a teenager back then, so maybe that explains it. 

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

There is something to this. The classic Chelsea were so great because Drogba played two roles (target man and poacher) and that meant Lampard could play as an ‘extra’ midfielder. Leicester won the league because they played ‘Drinkwater in the middle with Kante either side of him’. Watkins is doing that double role for us and it has us flying.

The thing is, a prime McGinn does exactly the same in midfield. With those two on form, we might as well be playing with 13 men.

We may have been a man down against Palace, but in reality we were actually a man up.

• Like 2

Credit to Dean and the coaching staff how seamlessly replacements have stepped into the starting XI when we've copped injuries/suspensions. It might be more difficult if Watkins, Grealish and/or Martinez have to miss games but thus far it's been excellent by the squad.

If there's just a tiny little gripe I have, it's that at times like yesterday when we're up 3-0 with 10 minutes to go I wish he would make a few subs to rest/protect the likes of McGinn, Grealish, Luiz and give a few minutes to the likes of Ramsey or hourihane, especially with games coming thick and fast

• Like 2

Just now, nepal_villan said:

What's impressive is that we are really in control matches and creating so many chances. It's not like we are just getting lucky and nicking a few victories.

I knew we were getting a good brand of football when we got Smith in, but to get it so finely tuned in the Premier League, this quickly, is miracle working. Every game we look like scoring double figures. I always used to be jealous of other sides playing so consistently well. Now you can tell other clubs look at us with that envy. 

I don’t want the next game. I’m enjoying the moment too much! 

Chelsea and Man U in 5 days after a 2 days rest with more or less the same 11. It’s not going to be easy and we could easily end up with 0 points. If that does happen I really hope fans take circumstances in to consideration and continue with the positivity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WooJung said:

If there's just a tiny little gripe I have, it's that at times like yesterday when we're up 3-0 with 10 minutes to go I wish he would make a few subs to rest/protect the likes of McGinn, Grealish, Luiz and give a few minutes to the likes of Ramsey or hourihane, especially with games coming thick and fast

I imagine that with all the health and fitness tech and statistics etc at his disposal that Dean knows exactly what his players are capable of and what their limits are.

Dean seems to like consistency. Mr No.tinkerman

I just still can't quite believe what I'm watching this season. Pace, power, quality, confidence, what a team this bloke has built, and all from a 15th place championship starting point.

Thank you gaffer. 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

What's impressive is that we are really in control matches and creating so many chances. It's not like we are just getting lucky and nicking a few victories.

If anything we've actually been very unlucky with some wonder goals going against us, hitting the woodwork a ton of times and Watkins having like 5 goals disallowed due to VAR. Numerous off the line saves too.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 2

At this point would anyone be against us "doing a Ashley/Pardew" and giving him a stupidly long contract?

I know I bloody wouldn't. Exciting, vibrant, fearless football all whist picking up great results.

It's a football fans dream isn't it. 

Â