Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

bet Purslow is giving himself a cheer now for that new contract which was criticized at the time

The way it's going mate I don't think it will be too long before another extension is being discussed. 

26 minutes ago, blunther said:

A lesser manager (many of which we've had recently) would have sat deep and tried to hold onto the one nil in the second half. Not this guy. He's the man. 

Its not just this game either, it's a mindset that he has bread into the whole squad which the players must love.

You can imagine the half time team talk. No doubt at all that he would have talked about solid and defensively organised, but I also bet he told them to stay on the front foot and try and nick more goals. I can't imagine how much confidence that attitude must give the players. 

It's not a one off either, the Rotherham game was equally as impressive relative to where we were at the time..

I hope they are all here for many years to come, so this is more a nod to our recruitment rather than a genuine interest in resale values, but what did we pay for Emi, Cash, Watkins and Traore? £70m

I wouldn't take less than that for Emi alone so you could probably double that by the end of the season. 

Absolutely incredible recruitment this year. Last summer was a unique set of circumstances having to replace a whole squad so all in all I think Smith has done an incredible job in building this squad. It's so exciting to think how he will further improve the squad over the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to confess I was one of those that wasn’t convinced he was the manager that could take us to the next level. Boy was I wrong!

Me too. I have no words, today was something special.

Without looking at stats, that must be 60 odd shots on goal in the last 3/4 games. Something tells me that Liverpool aren't going to be the only team on the end of a complete spanking this season.

Kenneth Williams gif in 3, 2, 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Without looking at stats, that must be 60 odd shots on goal in the last 3/4 games. Something tells me that Liverpool aren't going to be the only team on the end of a complete spanking this season.

Kenneth Williams gif in 3, 2, 

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/8228/Stages/18685/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2020-2021

Most shots per game in the premier league: Aston Villa: 16.5

Spoiler

DiligentSatisfiedBluegill-small.gif

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Maybe he should buy a **** bucket so he can get some credit?

I know what you mean Trent, but I’m actually quite glad that DS is not being talked about as much as he should - it’s working to our advantage imo. The next 2 games are the ones that could change all that, we pick up 4 or even 6 points from those and he’ll be in the spotlight for sure. Unless of course Leeds manage to lose 8-3 with 60% possession, and 11 shots on target that same weekend....

• Like 1

Manager of the season up to now for me. Show me a manager in better form outside of Klopp. Since the lockdown the transformation has been nothing short of miraculous. How can anyone not be proud of the direction he is now taking us along with the backroom staff and those sitting upstairs. So elated with this season. Wolves getting pushed back down the order to where they belong, Leicester to follow and we take our rightful place as King of the Midlands in the next couple of seasons.... happy days. UTV

Â