Dean Smith

Demitri_C

This is a question I've often wondered with you guys and how each of you would respond.

If it ever came to the time we part ways with Smith (hopefully not for a long time), would you guys ever consider a female manager or Coach in charge of the mens team?? 

Do you think that female managers and Coaches have a long way to go before they are able to take such a role in football?? Is there much needed experience still needed in women's football before some of the female coaches/managers take on such positions.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This is a question I've often wondered with you guys and how each of you would respond.

If it ever came to the time we part ways with Smith (hopefully not for a long time), would you guys ever consider a female manager or Coach in charge of the mens team?? 

Do you think that female managers and Coaches have a long way to go before they are able to take such a role in football?? Is there much needed experience still needed in women's football before some of the female coaches/managers take on such positions.

Content removed following legal advice 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I'd want them to be proven in men's game. As I would any coach. 

• Like 1

Rinsed every last bit from the squad we had today. Great point. Chelsea bringing on Werner and Jorginho who cost like a billion quid whilst we bring in Davis sums up the squad differences (it’s not a criticism). Hopefully NSWE can improve the squad and back him. Great point today. 

• Like 1

An absolutely phenomenal end to 2020 for us. I never thought we at any point tonight we were completely 2nd best, we did tire towards the end of the first half and just expected us to run out of gas completely in the second but not these boys. They never stopped and that was more than a well deserved point. 

You'd expect our lack of depth to hurt us eventually but our main 11 are a match for anyone in this league. What a fantastic season we're having. 

I still can't quite believe this. After the year we've had with Covid and Villa looking like we can beat anyone in the league, I'm beginning to wonder if this is just one of my funny dreams after eating too much cheese. 

Any minute now I'm going to wake and realise we've just drew away at Luton. 

'Smith deserves a lot credit'

FT: Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa

ea53c347-aca0-4541-a2c7-d43cb9775816.jpg

Micah Richards

Former Man City defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

Dean Smith deserves a lot of credit for what he has done at Aston Villa, from relegation to the way they are playing now. Some of the best training sessions I have ever seen have involved Dean Smith.

I didn't know whether he was going to be a good coach because when you come to the Premier League, it can eat you alive but because he is a Villa fan, he got his chance at Villa, he's thrown everything at it and I'm not surprised that he's doing this well.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/55095090?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5fea37625afdc802c37f9e3f%26'Smith deserves a lot credit'%262020-12-28T19%3A52%3A41.114Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:e92f9503-4122-4a86-9a85-0af6cb486f3b&pinned_post_asset_id=5fea37625afdc802c37f9e3f&pinned_post_type=share

• Like 2

I love what he said before tonight's game. When asked about not changing the team from that which played against Palace he said he asked the players and they were all up for the game. He also said no player ever got stretchered off with fatigue. 

I love the man and hope he manages us all the way through to the days when we lift trophies. 

There was a point this season where errors started to cost us games again even if the performances weren't poor, somehow Deano stamped those mistakes out and got some fringe players most had written off performing again. He has to get manger of the month for December!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

There was a point this season where errors started to cost us games again even if the performances weren't poor, somehow Deano stamped those mistakes out and got some fringe players most had written off performing again. He has to get manger of the month for December!

The kiss of death.

49 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Manager of the year for me. The job he's done is just phenomenal, and I'm continually thankful that he's proving my earlier criticisms wrong.

just needs a bucket to get that respect ;) 

• Like 1

Â