Dean Smith

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He comes across as down to earth, professional, focused, progressive, decent. Very well liked and respected amongst his squad and peers. Wouldnt want anyone else. Legend already

And so, so much more to come 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He strike me more of your normal, every day chap.

It won't bring you the media attraction but he is well liked by the players and fans and that's the important thing.

He has that dry sense of humour, that's very much a Brummie trait. When he first came he was asked about the pressure of the Villa Park faithful, and he said,  " they're quite a knowledgeable bunch ", with his tongue firmly in his cheek. He plays chess, quite well, I believe. So he's obviously a man who thinks deeply before making a decision. The players certainly enjoy working for him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean he is kinda boring in the sense that he's a professional here to do a job. He's not about knee slides, ranting and raving at reporters or sitting on a **** bucket. 

He’s about winning

• Like 1

Haven't checked the stats, but i wonder how many other PL teams have as British a core as ours?

Our first 11 consists of 8 British players currently, that's got to be pretty high on the list in the PL?

Edited by MaVilla

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Haven't checked the stats, but i wonder how many other PL teams have as British a core as ours?

Our first 11 consists of 8 British players currently, that's got to be pretty high on the list in the PL?

Without looking, Burnley are probably close.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I think Mousset and Berge are the only non British or Irish players in Sheffield Utds squad. 

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Good bloke our Dean...

I also loved this, I know its part and parcel of every managers job but Dean does it with a sincerity I dont see in others. I know he wont be our manager for ever but I'd happily compromise success to retain a manager with his connection to the club and our fans.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I also loved this, I know its part and parcel of every managers job but Dean does it with a sincerity I dont see in others. I know he wont be our manager for ever but I'd happily compromise success to retain a manager with his connection to the club and our fans.

I respect his sincerity and his love for the club, but a don't get carried away. He is here to do a job, an if he wasn't doing it well, he would have to go. I would never compromise success for any reason.

• Like 1

Â