Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Correct. I think Watkins is the player who allows him to do what he did. Our system with 10 men wasn’t much different from a classic 4-4-2. Just both strikers were called Ollie Watkins.

This is a great quote. It really puts what he brings to the team into perspective.

I really do hope that under Smith's reign we can see him lift the league title an maybe the European cup. I think he's got it in him to go win the lot and if he can he could be our very own version of Fergie. Smith can certainly get the best out of people and have them play at there best ability. Smith has our players feeling like they can go win games even when the odds are against us, you dont find that in every coach or manager.

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Only Liverpool have a better goal difference.

Not only are we getting the results, but it's bloody great to watch. 

Yeah for sure, it could of been dino football, a bore to watch but it isnt and the results and games are exciting.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I really do hope that under Smith's reign we can see him lift the league title an maybe the European cup. I think he's got it in him to go win the lot and if he can he could be our very own version of Fergie. Smith can certainly get the best out of people and have them play at there best ability. Smith has our players feeling like they can go win games even when the odds are against us, you dont find that in every coach or manager.

You say that as if it’s something we do on a regular basis ;)

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You say that as if it’s something we do on a regular basis ;)

I dont see how since I'm saying under his reign I hope we see him do it.😋

I dont see how since I'm saying under his reign I hope we see him do it.😋

I love Smith. But I couldn’t care less who the manager was if we won the league and Champions league! :)

I know what you mean though mate.  Just messing. 

Tbf I think getting in to Europe would be an amazing achievement.  Would also be great to have a good FA cup run. 

Considering the utter dross we've had to endure for more than ten years... and even before that, under O'Neill, we might have been competitive, but never really comfortable, or easy on the eye. 

What we are now, under this absolute gem of a manager. Simply wow! :clap::clap::clap:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love Smith. But I couldn’t care less who the manager was if we won the league and Champions league! :)

I know what you mean though mate.  Just messing. 

Tbf I think getting in to Europe would be an amazing achievement.  Would also be great to have a good FA cup run. 

I just think that under Smith it would be sooner rather than later if we did it all lol.

To be honest since Smith came in and all the work he and his team have done within the club and with the players, I would much prefer Smith to lift a league title and euro cup than anyone else right now. I couldn't even imagine anyone at Villa Coaching the lads at the moment.

I never though wed be this high in the table on this many points at this stage of the season, so anything higher than what I expected which was around 13th, is incredible, Europe would be ace if it happens.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Our system with 10 men wasn’t much different from a classic 4-4-2. Just both strikers were called Ollie Watkins

There is something to this. The classic Chelsea were so great because Drogba played two roles (target man and poacher) and that meant Lampard could play as an ‘extra’ midfielder. Leicester won the league because they played ‘Drinkwater in the middle with Kante either side of him’. Watkins is doing that double role for us and it has us flying.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Considering the utter dross we've had to endure for more than ten years... and even before that, under O'Neill, we might have been competitive, but never really comfortable, or easy on the eye. 

What we are now, under this absolute gem of a manager. Simply wow! :clap::clap::clap:

Ten years why does everyone say ten, I'd say twenty. I personally have not enjoyed Villa football since Gregory days. I suppose everyone has there time frame in there head but I wonder who made football exciting for you Ten years ago??

Dont say Mcallaster 🤣🤣

I know the individual *thing* doesn't really reflect on the entire of the season last year, but had we have gone down, and had that "no goal" against sheff utd counted... Just where the hell would we be right now?

If you look back to when Xia bought us up to now.. there have been a lifetimes worth of what I'd call "life defining" moments, both on and off the field.

It's crazy where we are now, compared to where we could have been had these "moments" gone against us, so even if we get the odd duff result, please try and remember how much better off we are at the moment.

Dean has been such a great and positive influence in the dressing room and there genuinely feels like a togetherness I've not seen for a long time.  Let's hope he and the team can continue.

I can't wait for our games at the moment, which is pretty different to previous, recent years.

• Like 4

Ten years why does everyone say ten, I'd say twenty. I personally have not enjoyed Villa football since Gregory days. I suppose everyone has there time frame in there head but I wonder who made football exciting for you Ten years ago??

Dont say Mcallaster 🤣🤣

Tbh I dunno... guess I just picked a reasonably long time-period... but I concur, it hasn't been good enough for 20 years, and I personally never enjoyed the Gregory era either... so I guess we go back to Taylor Mk1. 

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Tbh I dunno... guess I just picked a reasonably long time-period... but I concur, it hasn't been good enough for 20 years, and I personally never enjoyed the Gregory era either... so I guess we go back to Taylor Mk1. 

We had Little and Big Ron after GT Mk1. The Little Era in particular was something very special to me. I liked Gregory as a bloke and our team was good to brilliant at times. But it wasnt quite as magical.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

No I like Gregory Era, it's just everything after that was declining I thought and to me i felt everything before Gregory was also very good like Little, Taylor, Atkinson so on. To me it's been 20 years of dribble and selling our best to the big boys which no longer has to be a thing thanks to our Owners. If it's one thing I am thankful for it's that we can now say bloody no and piss off to the Vultures and there is no way they can influence it,l. Due to the fact there is no amount of money they can pay our Owners that will make up for the loss of someone we want to keep, we arnt desperate for money.

• Like 1

Â