Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not talking about whether we can win or not.

It seems that some people think Arsenal will sit back more and let us play. Based on what i saw from the Man U game they won't be much different from Leeds and Southampton.

This aged well.:lol:

We can finish above Arsenal this season. They are average as they come for a reasonably top tier team. Arteta should be getting more flak for his league performance so far but them peaking as ever in FA cup has shield him somewhat from that from the London media.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the match thread what we did after scoring the 2nd shows how much we've grown, we got the ball down and played our stuff, played some good stuff too

There's no nerves today with this villa team, we look composed 

Yeah away game v them last season we got nervous after they made a double change when we were 2-1 up and that resulted in the criminal last 15 minutes (against 10 men aswell). Stopped playing and were a car crash at the back. Should be on for 3 straight wins v them but I'll take two.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This aged well.:lol:

We can finish above Arsenal this season. They are average as they come for a reasonably top tier team. Arteta should be getting more flak for his league performance so far but them peaking as ever in FA cup has shield him somewhat from that from the London media.

I'm glad it aged badly :D 

I take full responsability for jinxing it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I thought the Liverpool game was very good. We weren't as open and we were set up on the counter. 

I thought he had learned from the past but then against Leeds he decided to go toe to toe with them.

Smith is so frustrating to me.

He has 5 wins in 7 games. We have a game in hand on 1st place, and are 3 points behind.

He's done all of this with a young squad, and barely any options on the bench. I'm not sure what more you can realistically ask of him.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sorry for the quote, I can't delete it.

We played amazing today, we've had a great start to the season. I honestly don't understand how Deano gets so many negative comments from certain forum members. 

Edited by MellbergsBeard

I know this is probably going to go against the narrative of praise Smith is going to get here.(and honestly, he deserves praise for this result l

But you can't tell me he subbed off Trezeguet for any other reason than he felt like he had to use a sub eventually. He's subs are so formulaic that I genuinely think I can write an algorithm tracing when and who he's going to sub on or off each game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This bloke doesn't get anything like enough credit; he's built a good football team and he's tactically able to mix it with the best of them.

He's picked up a lot from Bielsa though to be fair, quick learner our Deano.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I know this is probably going to go against the narrative of praise Smith is going to get here.(and honestly, he deserves praise for this result l

But you can't tell me he subbed off Trezeguet for any other reason than he felt like he had to use a sub eventually. He's subs are so formulaic that I genuinely think I can write an algorithm tracing when and who he's going to sub on or off each game.

i was also surprised by the lack of subs at 3 nil, my only thought is that he just wants this 11 to play together as much as possible. 

id have though replacing on of the full backs or maybe someone in midfield, didnt feel like their was too much threat.

Â