Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Good morning villatalk

What a beautiful morning.

Smith has his own  new amd improved BMW

Barkley mcginn and watkins

He’s also got a BWG... no not a ‘Big White Guy’ (although he may have) he’s got Barkley Watkins Grealish

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We have now beaten 4 of last seasons top 10, last season i think we won 2 of them games

Good point. Our record against United has been abysmal for ages even when they were at their worst in years.. really hoping we can sort that out this season.  

25 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Good point. Our record against United has been abysmal for ages even when they were at their worst in years.. really hoping we can sort that out this season.  

Of all the teams spurs and United are the two i want to beat. I would love to do to United what we did yesterday 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Remove Leeds and Fulham games then we are 11 points up on same fixtures last season 

Incredible progress

I still maintain those two games could very easily have gone the other way. If we had taken our chances against Leeds and not made preventable errors against Southampton.

As you say incredible progress from last season. I hope we can add a player or two come January.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I still maintain those two games could very easily have gone the other way. If we had taken our chances against Leeds and not made preventable errors against Southampton.

As you say incredible progress from last season. I hope we can add a player or two come January.

What positions do you think we need to strengthen?

I think we need a left back and a centre back personally. 

Maybe a striker pending on wesley

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have now beaten 4 of last seasons top 10, last season i think we won 2 of them games

It felt like just Arsenal right at the end of the "good teams" we beat. We deserved many more points across the season but kept losing late on or managed to screw ourselves over.

The best thing about this season is I still only think we've been brilliant once and that's Liverpool. Yet, we've won five.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What positions do you think we need to strengthen?

I think we need a left back and a centre back personally. 

Maybe a striker pending on wesley

We now face the issue Liverpool have faced for the last few years.

We have a settled first eleven and it's not easy to convince players of a high quality to accept being back up players when they can get regular football elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We now face the issue Liverpool have faced for the last few years.

We have a settled first eleven and it's not easy to convince players of a high quality to accept being back up players when they can get regular football elsewhere.

I’ve said this before but in my view you don’t improve by buying squad players you improve by buying better 1st team players and those players that are displaced becoming squad players. Just as we improved on Hourihane with Barkley and therefore Hourihane pushed Lansbury out the squad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’ve said this before but in my view you don’t improve by buying squad players you improve by buying better 1st team players and those players that are displaced becoming squad players. Just as we improved on Hourihane with Barkley and therefore Hourihane pushed Lansbury out the squad.

Understand.

But where are we gonna find better players than Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz, Watkins etc?

Even Trezeguet. Almost 30 mill on Traore and Trez looks the better player.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Understand.

But where are we gonna find better players than Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz, Watkins etc?

So Traoré was around 17 to 19 million not 30.

Targett can be improved on. Trezguet can be improved on. McGinn can be improved on and so can Barkley be improved on. Improving on McGinn and Barkley would take a truck full of money and champions league football under normal circumstances.

We definitely need another Left back, central midfielder, and attacker in my book. To provide stiff competition for the first team so that we have quality replacements for injuries, suspensions and tiredness. That's if we want to compete with teams in the top half of the table. We lack the squad depth to maintain this current league position.

Edited by Philosopher

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Understand.

30m for traore?.....did we get 2 traores then!?!?! (Cus we paid 16 for him up front)

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

30m for traore?.....did we get 2 traores then!?!?! (Cus we paid 16 for him up front)

My bad. 

Confused his price tag with Watkins.

Still point still stands. 20 mill and Trez is looking the better player so we need to spend a hell alot of money to improve on our current starting eleven.

Just now, villalad21 said:

When he has won a trophy

Thats the fonal piece of the puzzle. BUT it cant be denied he has saved this club from oblivion.  If he never got us promoted we could have been the next forest or sheff wed.

He also took us to a cup final in his 1st PL season. The guys done a remarkable job here. 

People in the media were praising wilder and now biesla but what about smith??

The guys done a terrific job. This season he has made the seemingly impossible happen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â