Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Keep this up and you won't be getting any likes off TRO. 

But you fail to see the merit of " they let us be better".....it is a significant aspect of the game.

I give "likes" out without bias.

by the way, its interesting to see Everton suffering a bit recently, in letting teams play, like we have been doing.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

They didn't let us be much better and score 3 goals. 

Teams with leads might sit back and allow the other team to have the ball but no team would let the other team overwhelm them to the point of scoring 3 goals. 

We were much better than them 2nd half and over 90 minutes I'd say we were the better team. World class finishing after our mistakes made the scoreline much worse than it should have been. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They didn't let us be much better and score 3 goals. 

Teams with leads might sit back and allow the other team to have the ball but no team would let the other team overwhelm them to the point of scoring 3 goals. 

We were much better than them 2nd half and over 90 minutes I'd say we were the better team. World class finishing after our mistakes made the scoreline much worse than it should have been. 

Each to his own.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

But you fail to see the merit of " let us be".....it is a significant aspect of the game.

I give "likes" out without bias.

by the way, its interesting to see Everton suffering a bit recently, in letting teams play, like we have been doing.

I'm struggling to see the meaning of "let us be". 

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It would depend on if you find yourself in times of trouble. 

It's really funny that you posted that because the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the line was the Paul McCartney song. 

Maybe I should have asked whose "us". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm struggling to see the meaning of "let us be". 

It was relating to letting teams play....not stopping their passages of play sufficiently.

Leeds after their emphatic win over us have just walked in to 2 teams who have stopped their gallop....and subsequently hammered them.

thats what we have to do tomorrow, and then catch them on the counter.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It was relating to letting teams play....not stopping their passages of play sufficiently.

Leeds after their emphatic win over us have just walked in to 2 teams who have stopped their gallop....and subsequently hammered them.

thats what we have to do tomorrow, and then catch them on the counter.

As Greavsie was fond of saying, " that's football". Two opposing teams trying to outwit one another. There is nothing really complicated about it, although some would have you think otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As Greavsie was fond of saying, " that's football". Two opposing teams trying to outwit one another. There is nothing really complicated about it, although some would have you think otherwise. 

I don't think he was referring to what we are talking about.

we are talking about working hard and stopping the opposition from having an easy ride.....sure outwitting does come in to it.....but desire and work is also paramount too.....and when i don't see it, i say so.

If we lose tomorrow and we put in a shift and make it hard for Arsenal and we make them work hard for their win.....you will have no complaints from me.

I think your last line is more to do with not undetstanding what some of us are saying......even if you don't agree.

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think he was referring to what we are talking about.

we are talking about working hard and stopping the opposition from having an easy ride.....sure outwitting does come in to it.....but desire and work is also paramount too.....and when i don't see it, i say so.

If we lose tomorrow and we put in a shift and make it hard for Arsenal and we make them work hard for their win.....you will have no complaints from me.

I think your last line is more to do with not undetstanding what some of us are saying......even if you don't agree.

I don't agree that we didn't work hard. We made a few mistakes that were very costly, there's a difference. I understand very well what you're saying. In a nutshell, you don't think Dean Smith is the man to take us forward. I think that's evident from the constant criticism every time we lose a game, and it's the same old song, just a different singer. As you said, each to his own. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Southampton start was still disappointing for me. Thought after Leeds we'd be right at it from start and pen them into their own half for first 20 minutes but Southampton settled into the game far too easily and cut through us which lead to the free kicks.

I assume tomorrow will be more Leicester approach which is exactly the way we need to play it. Limit space Arsenal have to run into and we will get chances on counter attack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't agree that we didn't work hard. We made a few mistakes that were very costly, there's a difference. I understand very well what you're saying. In a nutshell, you don't think Dean Smith is the man to take us forward. I think that's evident from the constant criticism every time we lose a game, and it's the same old song, just a different singer. As you said, each to his own. 

you are trying to put words in my mouth....I have never said that about Dean Smith, but if he takes praise when we win, he has to answer questions when we concede 7 goals at home in 2 games, as to why?

We have only lost twice up to now this season, I am just answering posts on the 2 defeats and debating, views, its a forum......I think you confuse criticism, with observation.

You seem to take questioning, very personally like its a attack of some sort.....its purely asking why we lost so easily in the face of 4 fine wins.....I guess we see the games differently.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Southampton start was still disappointing for me. Thought after Leeds we'd be right at it from start and pen them into their own half for first 20 minutes but Southampton settled into the game far too easily and cut through us which lead to the free kicks.

I assume tomorrow will be more Leicester approach which is exactly the way we need to play it. Limit space Arsenal have to run into and we will get chances on counter attack.

what a sensible post.....pity more can't see it.

After three games on the bounce will dean have fixed the midfield roles? That’s been the problem for those games.

Barclays job should be to carry the ball forward with the TWO central midfielders there to make forward passes, screen the ball for the defence, contribute to the low block, fill in for their corresponding full back when they go forward for the over load and closing the space between the midfield and defensive lines.

in short, in our system the most important positions to get right to control a game.

other than that they need to switch the ball from the right to the left more often to switch up the play.

But seriously watch out for what the two defensive midfielders do in the game, if they do what I said above we will play well. If they don’t we won’t 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

you are trying to put words in my mouth....I have never said that about Dean Smith, but if he takes praise when we win, he has to answer questions when we concede 7 goals at home in 2 games, as to why?

We have only lost twice up to now this season, I am just answering posts on the 2 defeats and debating, views, its a forum......I think you confuse criticism, with observation.

You seem to take questioning, very personally like its a attack of some sort.....its purely asking why we lost so easily in the face of 4 fine wins.....I guess we see the games differently.

We've been through this before. Towards the end of last season you stated your mind was made up concerning whether Dean Smith was the manager we needed. Those were your words take some responsibility for them or are you going to deny you said any such thing? 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

what a sensible post.....pity more can't see it.

You've talked about things that irk you somewhere tro, well, heres one that irks me.

The patronising arrogance of that comment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â