Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Don't think Brentford or Walsalls fans would have been too happy if he'd said that before he joined!

Ha I should read it properly before posting. I’m sure there was another one about making other teams fear us or something like that. 

I think they could be being made up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha I should read it properly before posting. I’m sure there was another one about making other teams fear us or something like that. 

I think they could be being made up.

It is suspicious that the ‘quotes’ in question have appeared in the format of an internet meme rather than being released by official media outlet(s), especially as many sports journalists would love to have published the quoted text under a corresponding attention grabbing headline.

• Like 1

This Guy is the real deal, this is what Bruce really couldn’t get near.  Attention to detail, game plans, players lunching together and having tactics mini sessions before heading to changing rooms!

i am going to be bold here and say this guy will take us back up and make us a force again.  Finally with the new owners and Smith, we might be back on the right track!

• Like 2

What I find most impressive about todays interview is that he said he took the weekend off   ..  .. to attend an LMA function to meet other managers and exchange ideas and to progress his management skills

Whilst other managers take time off to work on their tan

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, macandally said:

This guy is the real deal, this is what Bruce really couldn’t get near.  Attention to detail, game plans, players lunching together and having tactics mini sessions before heading to changing rooms!

Twice the person and manager.

And probably on a third of the wage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

What I find most impressive about todays interview is that he said he took the weekend off   ..  .. to attend an LMA function to meet other managers and exchange ideas and to progress his management skills

I'm just glad he didn't go to Dortmund for the weekend.

• Haha 3

I like Dean Smith. Is he the best manager on the planet? No. Is he the best manager we have ever had? Probably not. Is he the best manager we have had in a long time? I think he probably could be. One thing is for sure, he is one of our own and because of that I believe the job actually means something to him other than a pay packet each month and his press conferences seem so honest and refreshing unlike his predecessor who was cringeworthy!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, romavillan said:

He's **** great. Casually mentions us winning the league, a 3-0 beating of the binners and playing with Gary Shaw. Chasing perfection, masses to come in that process, that out ambitions are way more important than a derby win in the long run. Superb, says we've been working on Forest and Boro too. What's not to like with Smith?

He's absolutely correct. When it comes to them across the City, it's nothing but indifference to us, unless your name is Olef Melberg.😜

Â