Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The trouble with Jokanović is that he's a proven failure in the premier league, if we appoint a new manager as a championship club we want someone who's not only going to do well in that division but also in the premier league, we have to think more long term. Wolves got Nuno, Newcastle Benitez, and Leeds Bielsa, if we're serious we need someone of a similar pedigree.

Sean dyche?

I think after that game I am back where I was at Christmas and then he changed to 3 at the back for Burnley.

If he trots out the same formation against Newcastle it will prove he is not up to the task.

I would go 3-5-2 and give Newcastle something to have to deal with.

• Like 2

Our biggest weakness for years is our inability to hire a quality manager. We have had loads of them but none have been of the required level. I never supported the appointment of Smith. As I said at the time, it was a huge gamble. It has failed. The next appointment must be much better. We need to show some ambition for once. Too often we act like a second rate club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Our biggest weakness for years is our inability to hire a quality manager. We have had loads of them but none have been of the required level. I never supported the appointment of Smith. As I said at the time, it was a huge gamble. It has failed. The next appointment must be much better. We need to show some ambition for once. Too often we act like a second rate club

Fat chance!

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Sean dyche?

Don't want to piss on any Leeds fans parade who might be having a nosy at this but Bielsa has a pretty average record in big leagues. Might be why they got him.

• Like 1

We're almost certainly down whatever the owners do. But there's no doubt in my mind that if Smith stays, we're going down. I just don't see where the points are coming from.

I think they have to be asking themselves if we do go down, do they trust Smith to bring us back up, and do they think the fans will continue to back him when he fails to keep us up

If not, do they roll the dice and give someone at most 8 games, more likely 6, to try and keep us up, and if so, who could they get to do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

How do you know that? What players signed in the summer have been a success? We should be a team fighting relegation and we are

You can't honestly believe this squad should be comfortable mid table. 

Where have I said that? This team is more than good enough not to be in the bottom two at this stage of the season. We’ve seen what they are capable of in a handful of games this season.

The problem is the coaching and the tactics, there is no clear game plan and Smith constantly chops and changes the team. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Smith constantly chops and changes the team. 

I don't want to get caught in a debate about who's right or wrong, but I find it very amusing that Smith gets stick for chopping and changing while some people criticise him for having run out of ideas and never changing things up. 

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I think after that game I am back where I was at Christmas and then he changed to 3 at the back for Burnley.

If he trots out the same formation against Newcastle it will prove he is not up to the task.

I would go 3-5-2 and give Newcastle something to have to deal with.

Agreed. He just has to try something different. 

We look our most dangerous when we play direct football up to Davis and he has support around him. If we can start playing football further up the field we might have a chance. This formation and system is simply not working. 

Get Davis and Samatta up top with Grealish in central behind them. Give the opposition something to think about. 

Please, just do something proactive. 

Not sure about Dyche, he might be someone who suits a small club more and I think his brand of football is quite limited will only get you so far. I think we need someone that's proven they can handle being in charge of a big club, similar to when O'Neill and Atkinson when they were appointed, not saying we need a manager like those two, but a manager of a similar status. Just need to stop messing around and going for managers who might do okay.

• Like 1

Actually thought we was on to something when we scored, then as quick as I thought that my Hope's of a 1 nil or better were smashed to pieces.

I am not defending Smith any longer, it's gone past defending now, we are still doing the same Sh!t we was earlier in the season and I can not stand it.

I have gone from loving the bloke to completely being driven mad by him and the fact he won't drop those bloody Wingers. There is enough evidence to support getting rid of the formations that use Wingers, at least until better players can be bought to support playing a 4-3-3. he keeps ons ticking to it like Its like Smith is saying to himself well if we can win a few games but lose the rest then this formation is fine for us. 

I wished someone would explain to Smith that it's not the first to score that wins, it's the one at the end of the game who has most goals. It really feels like that's what hes thinking. Smith goes in at half time and saying : ( oh my lads won at half time just chill for the rest guys you earned it that's three points in the bag for us), seriously though how many more games does this type of scoring first and not holding onto the win got to go on for?? No grinding, no heart, no nothing to keep the ball or the goal in front.

I am absolutely disgusted that only a few players bothered to show, if this is the way were going to play then they deserve to be in the championship.

I have changed my mind from giving Smith a season to get us back up to giving him a few months to show us something better than what were seeing. I want to see Smith change things and try something new now and if he doesnt, then he doesnt see a drop more of my support.

I've all but accepted relegation now, it's bad enough that chelsea had us backed up for alot of the match, we was dealing with it till a lack of concentration and switching off. I do not blame the defence, do not blame the keeper, it's the guys in front unable to do there bit to take pressure away from the back lines and goalie.

It's so criminal what's happening here that there should be an abuse hotline for whats going on, our midfielders and wingers not working are allowing the abuse of our defenders and keeper, it's a constant bombardment of harassment that I would phone this hotline constantly to complain. Poor defenders and keeper, I feel like giving them a hug to reassure them it's nearly over, just eight more games left and you can rest. I feel like writing letters of remorse to each and every keeper and defender who has to go through the bombardment and torture they see most game and say to them (look it's ok I am here for you, you've my shoulder to cry on, let it all out just let go brother).

Where do we go from here, I tell you where, right back down to the bloody championship thats where. What I felt from that game was many feelings that felt like I'd found a girlfriend, made out with her, scored a goal so shes up the duff, then she tells me to **** off she got her usage out of me, and it all happened in 90 minutes of pure please and pain making you feel as useless as Sh!te in the end lol..

19 minutes ago, useless said:

The trouble with Jokanović is that he's a proven failure in the premier league, if we appoint a new manager as a championship club we want someone who's not only going to do well in that division but also in the premier league, we have to think more long term. Wolves got Nuno, Newcastle Benitez, and Leeds Bielsa, if we're serious we need someone of a similar pedigree.

Jokanovic was unlucky with fulham in my opinion. 

Need a big profile name.

If Purslow is standing in the way of hiring Benitez then to hell with Purslow. I would happily let Purslow go if we can get Benitez.

Head coach is the most important position in a football club.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Last I heard he (Jokanović) was one of the favorites for the small heath jobs, one of his coaches that he had at Fulham is already there. He's actually quite similar to Smith as manager in that his teams aren't very good defensively.

Â