Dean Smith

Demitri_C

A very disappointing day, I love Dean and would happily let him take us down but the players need to be fighting and they just arent. I didnt mind losing when we were trying to win games, if the goal is 20 percent possession and nick one of the break, we may as well have kept Bruce.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Come on. 

You're a fan. You know the players we lost and the numbers we needed. Don't rewrite history. 

This is the kind of shit, fans from other clubs post about us. 

No it isnt DC. We spent a stupid amount we should be doing better than 19th. Thats piss poor.

Hia job wss to replace them with enough quality to keep us up and he has failed miserably 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Jota. Youth. 2 up top. Grealish through the middle as a focal point. Using McGinn as an impact sub to build his fitness and confidence. Motivating the players to press as a unit. Surely these are all options?

Sorry, I get there are things he could try, I meant more i don't see any options that will make a big difference. 

Jota looks another signing not up to Premier league standard. I don't know which youth players we have who could perform in a relegation battle. I think that's asking a lot. There are things he could do, I know I keep repeating myself but I'm not saying he is doing a great job. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Come on. 

You're a fan. You know the players we lost and the numbers we needed. Don't rewrite history. 

This is the kind of shit, fans from other clubs post about us. 

All true

but you do not then deploy an unkown team into cavalier football all season in the premier .Thats suicide ! There is never any alternative plan. He experiments with formations messes with formations  and players positions . Its really abysmal. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No it isnt DC. We spent a stupid amount we should be doing better than 19th. Thats piss poor.

Hia job wss to replace them with enough quality to keep us up and he has failed miserably 

Because you say so?

Why are you still insisting that he signed all the players?

Not sure if it's been mentioned so forgive me.  What I want to see is a formation change during a game.  We have 5 subs now but every change is like for like.  

If its not working change it!

What happened to the Deano that changed tactics mid game for Brentford?

I want him to succeed I really do and last year was great but he seems to have gone into his shell with the enormity that is The Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Sorry, I get there are things he could try, I meant more i don't see any options that will make a big difference. 

Jota looks another signing not up to Premier league standard. I don't know which youth players we have who could perform in a relegation battle. I think that's asking a lot. There are things he could do, I know I keep repeating myself but I'm not saying he is doing a great job. 

That’s okay mate - you make fair points so keep repeating them. I admire your optimism.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AV82 said:

That’s okay mate - you make fair points so keep repeating them. I admire your optimism.

To be honest I'm not sure I am that optimistic. Ultimately I think we will probably go down. 

I just don't think Smith deserves all the blame and I'm not convinced a different manager would have done better. 

I think the summer business killed us as a club the minute the window shut and its a huge uphill fight ever since. Sadly I think we will lose it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

A very disappointing day, I love Dean and would happily let him take us down but the players need to be fighting and they just arent. I didnt mind losing when we were trying to win games, if the goal is 20 percent possession and nick one of the break, we may as well have kept Bruce.

Bizarre that you would let him take us down

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Bizarre that you would let him take us down

I'm really not too bothered about the prem, I want to be entertained and value that above staying in the premier league at all costs. If Dean delivered that, I'd have been happy. I would have chosen entertaining football and relegation under over backs to the wall but staying up.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do know he didnt? You know as much as i do.

Its quite obvious we aren't a club where the manager has complete control over the signings. If it helps you to get your anger out by believing Smith signed everyone then carry on.

• Like 2

Â