Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Smiths post match interviews are getting more irritating.  Saying things like chelseas squad quality tk a excuse a performance like that. Then saying we did wellast 15 mins. Absolutely unbelievable 

He has lost the plot

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1

Get Bielsa here right now ffs, pay him to tell Leeds to do one, we all know how it works if the moneys right, Bruce did it to Wednesday in favour of Newcastle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Actually thought we was on to something when we scored, then as quick as I thought that my Hope's of a 1 nil or better were smashed to pieces.

I am not defending Smith any longer, it's gone past defending now, we are still doing the same Sh!t we was earlier in the season and I can not stand it.

I have gone from loving the bloke to completely being driven mad by him and the fact he won't drop those bloody Wingers. There is enough evidence to support getting rid of the formations that use Wingers, at least until better players can be bought to support playing a 4-3-3. he keeps ons ticking to it like Its like Smith is saying to himself well if we can win a few games but lose the rest then this formation is fine for us. 

I wished someone would explain to Smith that it's not the first to score that wins, it's the one at the end of the game who has most goals. It really feels like that's what hes thinking. Smith goes in at half time and saying : ( oh my lads won at half time just chill for the rest guys you earned it that's three points in the bag for us), seriously though how many more games does this type of scoring first and not holding onto the win got to go on for?? No grinding, no heart, no nothing to keep the ball or the goal in front.

I am absolutely disgusted that only a few players bothered to show, if this is the way were going to play then they deserve to be in the championship.

I have changed my mind from giving Smith a season to get us back up to giving him a few months to show us something better than what were seeing. I want to see Smith change things and try something new now and if he doesnt, then he doesnt see a drop more of my support.

I've all but accepted relegation now, it's bad enough that chelsea had us backed up for alot of the match, we was dealing with it till a lack of concentration and switching off. I do not blame the defence, do not blame the keeper, it's the guys in front unable to do there bit to take pressure away from the back lines and goalie.

It's so criminal what's happening here that there should be an abuse hotline for whats going on, our midfielders and wingers not working are allowing the abuse of our defenders and keeper, it's a constant bombardment of harassment that I would phone this hotline constantly to complain. Poor defenders and keeper, I feel like giving them a hug to reassure them it's nearly over, just eight more games left and you can rest. I feel like writing letters of remorse to each and every keeper and defender who has to go through the bombardment and torture they see most game and say to them (look it's ok I am here for you, you've my shoulder to cry on, let it all out just let go brother).

Where do we go from here, I tell you where, right back down to the bloody championship thats where. What I felt from that game was many feelings that felt like I'd found a girlfriend, made out with her, scored a goal so shes up the duff, then she tells me to **** off she got her usage out of me, and it all happened in 90 minutes of pure please and pain making you feel as useless as Sh!te in the end lol..

Just the bit highlighted as the rest of your post is correct.  These guys play with the ball on the ground but here they're having to wait for the ball in the air. Hoofball. Yet Steve Bruce was admonished for this. Today Mcginn was making good runs in between the lines yet he went off with neck ache. Luiz was alway showing for the ball but he kept getting bypassed. When he did get it he passed crisply in between the lines but Mcginn was too tired by then and lacking match fitness to be effective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"remained hopeful"

Hoping ain't worth anything. But ok. Keep on hoping you'll keep a clean sheet next time then.

Let's keep on allowing crosses left and right and hope for the best. Maybe they miss their chances.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Everton today showed how defending should be done. 

Liverpool had similarly massive possession against them much like we had v Chelsea, they had do defend deep for large portions of the game.  However unlike us when Liverpool poured forwards they came out to meet them, not sit at the edge of the box allowing them to pick passes and spray it around. 

You can't defend that deep and allow the opposition to pick passes at will.  That means you are just relying on them to mess it up.  They will not mess up every attack, so you are just waiting for the inevitable.  Everton restricted Liverpool to speculative long distance shots for the most part. 

You've still got to challange the opposition and we totally failed in that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Everton today showed how defending should be done. 

Liverpool had similarly massive possession against them much like we had v Chelsea, they had do defend deep for large portions of the game.  However unlike us when Liverpool poured forwards they came out to meet them, not sit at the edge of the box allowing them to pick passes and spray it around. 

You can't defend that deep and allow the opposition to pick passes at will.  That means you are just relying on them to mess it up.  They will not mess up every attack, so you are just waiting for the inevitable.  Everton restricted Liverpool to speculative long distance shots for the most part. 

You've still got to challange the opposition and we totally failed in that. 

this, we are too passive, we dont press high enough, when we do press we press solo, pressing needs to be done in packs.

I dont get it tbh, a lot of our issues look on face value the basics, how can we not get the basics right week in week out?????? (i can only assume they are told not to press and hustle properly?!?!)

• Like 1

So many Villa fans gave me dogs abuse when I said he should be given a royal handshake and moved on on the day we got promoted. I was hopeful he might do well but it was just hope. 

I said that we Should do whatever it takes to bring in Benitez (my brother is a Newcastle fan and works where he has inside information) or Marcelo Gallardo. Benitez is obvious but marcelo gallardo is like a younger version of Bielsa. For a very long time I wanted Bielsa in with gallardo as his understudy whilst he gets up to speed. High intensity, high pressure and very good passing is what his team plays. Couple that with owners who want to spend the money and we will have been comfortably safe then slowly we will have started challenging for the title. 

If we want instant success then Benitez has to be the way. He wanted to come here when he went to Newcastle but said he needed £35-50 million in that transfer window to push us forward.  Get either man in now and it's possible we might survive. Even if we go down some of the better players will possibly stay and then with promotion we will be much stronger and we will attract better players with either manager in charge.

Either way for next season we will be in a better position regardless of which division we're in. Dean Smith is going to relegate us and I doubt we will come straight back up and we will have to go through massive turnover of players again and we will struggle to attract better players to play for Smith. No room for sentiment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

this, we are too passive, we dont press high enough, when we do press we press solo, pressing needs to be done in packs.

I dont get it tbh, a lot of our issues look on face value the basics, how can we not get the basics right week in week out?????? (i can only assume they are told not to press and hustle properly?!?!)

Worst of all today.

We are just letting crosses happen. Little attempt closing them down trying to prevent the crosses from happening.

It's like we're saying to them "Here ya go Chelsea. Just play football. We're just gonna stand here like a bunch of mugs"

Edited by villalad21

A couple questions for people please:

If Smith manages to pull a survival off, do you then keep him on next season or instantly let go and look for someone else?? Do you think Smith will justify keeping him at villa all because he has kept us up, keeping in mind performances and displays of this seasons games.

Is there a chance Smith makes our squad better on the grass next season or are we all just wishful thinking now??

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's honestly really starting to remind me of Bruce.

Yeah he did a fair bit of blaming others and pointing the conversation in other directions as divert away from the real subject at hand, they are sounding similar in that sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If Smith manages to pull a survival off, do you then keep him on next season or instantly let go and look for someone else?? Do you think Smith will justify keeping him at villa all because he has kept us up, keeping in mind performances and displays of this seasons games.

Is there a chance Smith makes our squad better on the grass next season or are we all just wishful thinking now??

For me I’d get rid of him and Terry, Question is who to replace him with, if we stay up plenty of people will want the job 

2nd part not a chance, think everyone has seen how it’s gone this season no plan B

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

6 months ago I would've answered Yes & Yes but now I'd answer No and No. I've always like Smith, he seems a likeable and decent bloke but I've had enough of watching Villa under his management. Honestly I'd prefer Allardyce, just purely in hope of seeing something different, like defending.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If we somehow stay up (I've given up) then despite my sentiments he deserves a chance to improve on this season. However he has to bring in an experienced number 2 . A Phil Whelan type someone who knows the Premier League. He also need to place more emphasis on fitness and physicality.  We are one of the weakest in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Get rid either way -preferably now if we hope to stay up 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we somehow stay up (I've given up) then despite my sentiments he deserves a chance to improve on this season. However he has to bring in an experienced number 2 . A Phil Whelan type someone who knows the Premier League. He also need to place more emphasis on fitness and physicality.  We are one of the weakest in the league. 

Id have to agree. I want him to leave but if he keeps us up there is no way we can sack him as he did what was asked of him keeping us up. 

But id say the chance of him keeping us up are so low. I think the more realistic question is if we are relegated do we stick or sack?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He wont. But if he did it would depend on how he kept us up.

Stay up by becoming an attacking and exciting team like last seasons? Sure. Stick around.

Survive with backs to the wall hoofball like he has us playing now? then no, I would bin him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

6 months ago I would've answered Yes & Yes but now I'd answer No and No. I've always like Smith, he seems a likeable and decent bloke but I've had enough of watching Villa under his management. Honestly I'd prefer Allardyce, just purely in hope of seeing something different, like defending.

Is crazy how we got rid of Bruce who was about defending to now wanting someone to teach our lads defending.

We can never just find both can we, good up front good at the back, always a manager who is good at one but let's us down on the rest.

Â