Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

thats a void argument though, Bruce wouldnt have taken us up in the first place.

not saying deano should or shouldnt stay in charge, but the "we should have kept Bruce" argument has no basis in reality.

No i didnt say keep bruce.im saying had we started the season with a  bruce i think we would be doing better than smith

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh lets not forget deans lost 5 out of the last 6. pathetic 

I thought this Chelsea game was supposed to be win or bust for Smith.

Did the board turn soft on him because of a 3 month break?

All we know for sure is that Steve Bruce pissed a huge amount of money up the wall and had us struggling in mid table in the Championship, the season after an incredibly embarrassing performance losing in the PO final, struggling to create any chances against 10 men.

For all Dean Smith's faults, thank **** he's not Steve Bruce. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I get the criticism and I get some of the frustration but the way some of you have turned is unbelievable. 

I said in the summer that the unrealistic expectations of the fans would mean we wouldn't last the season without wanting smith gone and it's looking like its true. 

17th is our league title. We are 3 pts off it. 

I dont think its unbelievable, we could of won that game really. Like many other games it's the fact we can not produce a win from us being in front and people are annoyed at that and rightly so.

I would love to stick with Smith but he won't change things, to stubborn, to ignorant to see what needs to be done. At this stage I'd think more of him now if he went and dropped the Wingers to trying new things. Ghazi and Trezegeut for one need a reminder there places are not secure, so bring others on in there place and play some Youth. Smith has to go all out to make the midfield working properly, reckon if our defence had of managed to get a breather at least every 10-15 minutes for at least five minutes, the pressure would of been took down a notch, the pressure to our defence was so high that they looked as though they'd just been given a kilo of coke to snort.  Constant pressure and bombardment of our defence is losing us games, now where do we start in freeing some of that pressure for one?? As someone suggested, is that we should be running out to the more, not sitting on the box and inviting pressure. Another and I've said it before is drop the Wingers and at another com and attacking midfielder to a more toned formation, solid enough it can take the pressure were being dealt.

As much as I hate to say this, Smith us bringing this on himself and our players all need to show up and equally stop inviting this mess onto themselves, securing the points as they start to make a game look winnable, then go turning it all into an epic loss really is a guaranteed screw up. In fact we could all now get god damn rich off of bets placed on us to lose if we got in front first

It's a shame it really is that were now at this point where Smith has to get real and decide where he wants to be next season, change a few things and he may just save his job, dont and we will be saying goodbye and thank you for your time Mr Smith.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

All we know for sure is that Steve Bruce pissed a huge amount of money up the wall and had us struggling in mid table in the Championship, the season after an incredibly embarrassing performance losing in the PO final, struggling to create any chances against 10 men.

Could have fooled me today with that performance. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We could do with Bruce in defence. 🤣

It's called a cabbage and you find them at the shops for some reason.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A couple questions for people please:

If Smith manages to pull a survival off, do you then keep him on next season or instantly let go and look for someone else?? Do you think Smith will justify keeping him at villa all because he has kept us up, keeping in mind performances and displays of this seasons games.

Is there a chance Smith makes our squad better on the grass next season or are we all just wishful thinking now??

Time to move on. Smith hit his ceiling at fifth in the Championship. Time to get in a manager who can fulfil our new owners' ambitions.

Manager and Captain being fans of the club was a beautiful, romantic idea, but it has not worked and one will now move on to better himself and the other should follow him out of the club to manage a Championship club happy to be perennially fifth or thereabouts.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You would think Smith or Bruce were the only two managers we can choose from.

I can see why the owners and Purslow chose Smith, but I am sure there are better managers out there who would come to a cash rich club with huge potential.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

You would think Smith or Bruce were the only two managers we can choose from.

I can see why the owners and Purslow chose Smith, but I am sure there are better managers out there who would come to a cash rich club with huge potential.

Agreed. But regrettably we're now forced to only really consider ones willing to work in the second tier. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

This is what I don't get. 

How do statements like this get made with such confidence? 

Cup win against Leicester. First game if the season, Liverpool game without Grealish. The team have performed and proved there worth. 

The manager has proved nothing, he still dont know what his best team is with 8 games to go.

Watching MOTD now as we speak, he had no reaction to the goals what so ever, worryingly.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think the most disappointing thing is the nature of defeats. Where’s the football we saw brentford playing? I think his success in getting us up last season, has actually hindered his long term ambitions as couldn’t get the “style” perfected prior to promotion. Unfortunately looks like he is lost now, can’t make a sub that can affect a game.

In this league, players get close and don't let you play.....Dean has no players on his books who can negate that.....They haven't bought any growlers....players who can stop the opposition.

In the Championship, you get more time and space to play, you still get clattering tackles, but they are much slower getting to you......we want too much time to get things going, players in this league won't give you that time.

Look, how many times Jack was clattered or stopped today.......how many time did we do the same to their best player.....not at all.

Its just not good enough.

• Thanks 1

He has to ditch 433 and either switch to 3412 or 41212... We need Grealish roaming behind Davis & Samatta. McGinn & Douglas Luiz - whose been our best player past 2 games by a mile. Than either Nakamba or extra CB. That’s one of the reasons I think his time is up and has been found out somewhat  and just has no ideas left ... we have no spirit no pattern of play or game plan. Your telling me collectively those McGinn, Luiz, the wingers when they can be bothered have no creativity other than give it to Jack ? ?? Is it a instruction or are they just scared and don’t want to responsibility ? Do we have a spirts psychologist btw?    

• Like 2

Â