Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I didn't want him to go but with five defeats in a row the writing was on the wall. I'm feeling very upset but ultimately it is probably the right time for a change and a fresh start but he can hold his head up high and said he did his best and he did himself and his family proud. I wish him all the best. 

Edited by Khizzy

Sorry it came to this but the right decision.

An international break came at the wrong time for Deano. It's the perfect time for the club to install a new boss.

• Like 1

Feel sad about this. Really hoped he could succeed here, and in many ways he has. He restored some pride into the club and gave us many great times.

Perhaps it is for the best but... well who knows? Big call by the club.

I’ve never warmed to him if I’m honest but he can be proud of what he achieved here at Villa. Must have been a real privilege to manage your boy hood club. It hasn’t all been great but the pro’s outweigh the cons.

He definitely has reached the limit imo of what he can do here based on his own abilities. Completely the right decision but with a bit of sadness that it didn’t go as planned recently. All the best Dean, thanks for some great memories in spite of the bad times, good luck for the future and you’ll always get a great reception at VP I’m sure. 

If we had any serious ambition, he probably had to go. Definitely a shame but he can hold his head held high. Got us up and kept us up and reached a cup final.  Was unlucky with the Grealish saga. I’d say it was a success, but I think he’s probably at the peak of his powers and it’s not good enough for where we now want to go. By no means the greatest manager we’ve had, but plenty of clubs will be looking at him . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

honestly, i thought it needed to happen.

But also, im actually surprised it happened, i thought they might stick with him regardless.

I wonder who they have lined up?

On a final note, thanks Deano, i will never think badly of you, it was the right time to go i think, but he deserves respect for what he has done for the club.

I hope the pay off and money he got while here sets him and his family up for life, and he finds another job quickly, best of luck Deano.

Edited by MaVilla

Â