Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Absolutely sick of this. Once again, it's not the position it's the performances. We basically don't turn up in almost all away games. It's a **** disgrace.

And even if we somehow pull off an upset against Chelsea we all know we'd just surrender in the next game.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Really tough. We are doing down with him but think he stands the best chance of coming back up and building for the future. 

We’re not coming back up for a while. Even if we do we’re going straight back down. The whole setup is poor. I said it the day we got promoted Dean Smith needs to go and someone like Roger Schmidt or Marcelo Gallardo bought in. With the money spent they would have bought the right blend of players to play their way and their systems. The fitness is poor, off the ball running and positioning is poor. Physical Strength on the ball is poor ( except Grealish and Nakamba) it’s diabolical.

Hell even with the current players I believe Schmidt or Gallardo would have us mid table. At least the players would be fitter and stronger. Get rid now let the new man settle in and see what’s available for next season to at least see what he needs to bring in and what he can keep. Obviously some Grealish maybe McGinn will have to go because of ffp. Just like Dean Smith and the rest of the coaching staff our players are brain dead and slow to react. It’s stemming from the coaches. The board is a disgrace too for giving him the extension.

Have to say I'm really concerned that the board won't act. Not for this season, as I think that's basically a write off already, but I'm really worried that they'll keep him on for next season when he clearly isn't the man to get us back up either.

I didn’t think it could get any worse after Southampton but it has. This is one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a Villa side. 

Smith, Purslow, the recruitment team and the players should all be ashamed of themselves. 

Â