Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Smith isn’t what we needed. He did well at brentford because expectations were low. 

the owners have to take a lot of the blame too. They gambled with a lot of young, unproven players. I do believe we have some good players, but we lack experience and it shows. Smith isn’t the manager to get the results.

time for a change

This is it for me. Smith out. Get a Sam Allardyce until the end of the season, he will tighten up the defense. He might even get us to do better going forward. How many shots on target in the last 2 games? 

Edited by WooJung
  • Like 1

The thing is, are we likely to get someone good at this point in the season who understands they’ll probably be relegated and therefore manage us in the Championship next year?

With the right incentives you could either get a young coach with talent and something to prove (though Smith is obviously in that mould and it hasn’t worked out), or an old boy looking for another pay day.

It’s not a great position to be in to be looking for a new manager, but we might as well start now and build for next season. What’s the point in keeping Smith on, really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WooJung said:

This is it for me. Smith out. Get a Sam Allardyce until the end of the season, he will tighten up the defense. He might even get us to do better going forward. How many shits on target in the last 2 games? 

But Allerdyce will bring shit football instead of this pass, move attack stuff we are seeing Smith put out.

Players don’t know what to do. ✔️

Team selection is ridiculous every game. ✔️

No style/system of play.  ✔️

Should concede every corner ✔️

Wasnt for Grealish would have 3pts ✔️

Smith should have been gone a long time ago. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Hughton doesnt win games, we need to win games badly

He does and knows how to setup a defence.

Experienced and doesnt have any relagations on hia cv feom the premier league

He's got to go. At no point this season have we managed to look like a cohesive team.  A couple of decent wins but only in fits and starts.  80% of the time we look disorganised and clueless.  No idea how to defend.  Nothing in midfield, strikers feeding on scraps. 2 + goals against guaranteed every game. 

We go 3 down and you just know a 4th is on the way. 

We are going to finish bottom, the only team who are showing no fight and no bottle whatsoever. 

We're not going to get anyone decent in at this stage so I would let Terry have it till the end of the season and see if just something can happen. We're down if we don't so might as well give it a whirl. 

• Like 1

Has to go and now , our ONLY chance and even thens is slim is a new manager bounce , tonight like Soton was a disgrace we are not in any way shape or form getting any better under him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He does and knows how to setup a defence.

Experienced and doesnt have any relagations on hia cv feom the premier league

He has won 41 of 167 Premier League games, he relegated Norwich but they sacked him before it was confirmed. 

His teams also conceded over 260 Premier League goals so a myth he sets up defences as well

He's lost me, I'm afraid. 

After the first 10 minutes tonight I could count on zero fingers the amount of times we put together more than 3 passes until halftime. On the other hand, I needed both hands to count how many times we lost the ball directly from a throw in. 

At this stage of the season we should be improving - but we don't even have the basics in place. Throw ins. Corners. Marking. Making space. Retaining possession. None of it. 

And it's now showing in our players. They are defeated before a ball is kicked. Every one of them looks shaky. 

It's too late to replace him now but if we do get relegated - which on this performance is likely - we will have deserved it. 

I like Smith and I've never called for this prior to tonight but he has to go. He looks to have lost the dressing room. Get him out and hope the bounce effect can keep us up.

Let's not forget if we win our game in hand we climb out of the bottom three. Let's give someone a chance to breathe new life and fresh ideas in to that team and that could still be possible 

Â