Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The next 2 games will be tricky for various reasons:

• SJM needs to avoid Yellows
  • We need to keep the momentum and spook the opposition.
  • Some players need a rest, both physically and mentally
  • Opponents will want to end our 10 game run.
  • We need not to lose to avoid any team getting the double over us.
  • We can overtake Albion and dictate the playoff fixture.
  • Tammy need to let his shoulder repair.
  • We will want to make it 11
  • We need to avoid injuries and Leeds may want to create some.

I have no idea what we should prioritise.

I think we'll go with pretty much our strongest 11 against Leeds for the simple reason that it will be almost 3 weeks between yesterdays game and the play off first leg which is too long to rest players. I think it is far more likely we'll see 5 or 6 players left out against Norwich. 

I think our strongest 11 beats Leeds especially as they are likely to be on a huge downer with Sheff Utd almost certain to have won the day before and pretty much secured 2nd spot. If we can win it keeps the momentum going and then even with a number of changes against Norwich there is still a good chance we can win that.

I am sure Smith will want to keep this run going as he is very big on not only beating the side you are facing but making those you face next fear you. If we go into the play offs on a run of 12 wins then whoever we face will be bricking it and our confidence will be through the roof.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The next 2 games will be tricky for various reasons:

• SJM needs to avoid Yellows
  • We need to keep the momentum and spook the opposition.
  • Some players need a rest, both physically and mentally
  • Opponents will want to end our 10 game run.
  • We need not to lose to avoid any team getting the double over us.
  • We can overtake Albion and dictate the playoff fixture.
  • Tammy need to let his shoulder repair.
  • We will want to make it 11
  • We need to avoid injuries and Leeds may want to create some.

I have no idea what we should prioritise.

Personally TRO I would not rest anyone unless they are carrying an injury - right now the players are enjoying themselves and probably can't wait for the next game - I would not jeopardise momentum or confidence based upon ifs, buts and maybe. I also think it unlikely anyone would appreciate a rest - in case someone comes in and performs even better 👍🏻

• Like 1

Well the playoffs are guaranteed, so I'd rest Mcginn and Grealish for a start and Mings. Hopefully Tammy will be fit enough for then as well and his shoulders fine ( apparently he was seen driving a car with his arm in a sling, that's crazy, does he want to make it to the play offs at all).

I'm fully confident in Smith to undo whatever comes at us, we are going to be tough to beat. Smith is for sure the Carol vorderman of football, very smart indeed. He has made some very impressive moves and then some and I suspect he's just found his thirst for achieving the unachievable like making history.

Would you all say that Smith has been our best man at the helm ever? or does Tony Barton still hold that because if europe?? The history books say yes dont they, I have to agree in some way with it as its some achievement alone. I mean we are also the most inform side in the world are we not, it really is tough to pick it all apart i think, I'd say he's one of the best we've ever had in charge of our squad.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well the playoffs are guaranteed, so I'd rest Mcginn and Grealish for a start and Mings. Hopefully Tammy will be fit enough for then as well and his shoulders fine ( apparently he was seen driving a car with his arm in a sling, that's crazy, does he want to make it to the play offs at all).

I'm fully confident in Smith to undo whatever comes at us, we are going to be tough to beat. Smith is for sure the Carol vorderman of football, very smart indeed. He has made some very impressive moves and then some and I suspect he's just found his thirst for achieving the unachievable like making history.

Would you all say that Smith has been our best man at the helm ever? or does Tony Barton still hold that because if europe?? The history books say yes dont they, I have to agree in some way with it as its some achievement alone. I mean we are also the most inform side in the world are we not, it really is tough to pick it all apart i think, I'd say he's one of the best we've ever had in charge of our squad.

With the very greatest of respect it's neither of these two. I'll apologise in advance in case you are kidding ? But Saunders, Atkinson, Taylor slug it out for this honour - with Saunders getting my vote ahead of Big Ron 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

With the very greatest of respect it's neither of these two. I'll apologise in advance in case you are kidding ? But Saunders, Atkinson, Taylor slug it out for this honour - with Saunders getting my vote ahead of Big Ron 

I would say big Ron is certainly up there because of the coca cola cup win, we did however finish 2nd in that season but in 1994 finished 18th and led to the sacking of him in November and little took control.

Yeah Big Ron was excellent till his time ended, which in a way things did start to go wrong and partly to blame led to our bad position under him also.

11 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Dave's split personality disorder makes me sad :(

Shush or the horde will come for you and the Beast will come out 🤪

Edit/ Hip Hop Dave says- We almost had you Bro..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it wrong yesterday.

Why make a double substitution when we are winning the game and want to run the clock down?

This is tactical Nativity on a new level. 1) it doesn't waste any time c) it disrupts the telepathy of the team with two new consciousness's to connect with instead of one.

think give up GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm curious to see how he does against Leeds.

They beat us at Villa Park as we couldn't find a solution to their high pressing and energy. Things might be different having Jack in the side this time around, but we need to do something with their pressing and high intensity, cause we couldn't deal with it last time.

I personally thought they beat us at Villa park because we had a makeshift defence of 3 right backs,a crocked centre half and a league 1 level goalkeeper. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Also we can only rest 3 players from the previous match day squad. So we can't just rest 6 players. 

I had no idea this was a rule, but it seems a sensible one.

I believe a match day squad has to feature 10 players who featured in the previous fixture’s squad. Unless there’s a good reason like a spurs style lasagne situation I guess.

The rule comes into play from the end of March.

Should play wacky tactics against Leeds, Bruce style players playing out of position etc.

Bielsa has shown when he gets a close look at a team he can quickly identify how to beat them.

Mess up his planning for the playoffs :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave J said:

Personally TRO I would not rest anyone unless they are carrying an injury - right now the players are enjoying themselves and probably can't wait for the next game - I would not jeopardise momentum or confidence based upon ifs, buts and maybe. I also think it unlikely anyone would appreciate a rest - in case someone comes in and performs even better 👍🏻

An injury and suspension to a couple key players before the most important games of the season would do that nicely.

6 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Should play wacky tactics against Leeds, Bruce style players playing out of position etc.

Bielsa has shown when he gets a close look at a team he can quickly identify how to beat them.

Mess up his planning for the playoffs :)

Jed Steer at Centre forward, that would throw a curved ball in.😀

• Like 1

Â