The NSWE Board

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think it’s amazing how much traction the negative rumours get compared to the positive ones.

Things like transfer rumours are torn to shreds, often correctly, yet there is always a hidden meaning behind things like Terry or O’Kelly leaving.

Lies make their way around the world before the truth has got its boots on

• Like 2

I don't believe a damn thing until it comes through official channels. Not saying this dude is lying, but anybody can make up something to stir the pot.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t know anything about this particular rumour but one of the ways we will look to grow in the coming years is by player trading, City & Chelsea are very good at producing academy players that sell for a few million after successful loans. We’re being set up in a way that we have revenue streams from the academy, when they talk about sustainability this is what has been alluded to hence we’ve cherry picked top talents aged 15-18 for £1m here or there. Either they play in our team or we sell for £10m after a few successful loans with sell on clauses. 

This idea that Eden’s and Sawsis are just going to keep chucking £150m every summer is nonsense, they’re not allowed. What will happen is we will grow from a £200m club to a £300m club and then £400m and do on that’s when we can try to compete. Think we’re very well ran now, we have this idea we’ll be like City but the reality is we will grow by being like Leicester but more potential and resource so it happens in 2-3 years rather than 5-6 years. 

I think that’s right and if the FA even had a small pair, this so called investigation into Man City’s spending would actually happen, be credible and the punishment handed out wouldn’t be a slap on the wrist. 

We need to grow at a sustainable rate and in a sustainable way, which does appear to be the plan. I think no longer bending over backwards to keep a certain Mr Special happy will in someway be a bit of a relief. That doesn’t mean that NSWE will be any less ambitious, but it’s no longer possible to just buy tour way into the top 6, just because the owners in theory, can.

Massive finances are still important and a big advantage too, but the way in which that is now used has changed a lot in the last few years. The good news is that from everything we’ve seen in the last 3 years NSWE absolutely understand this and have the ability to do it and not just the money. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think that’s right and if the FA even had a small pair, this so called investigation into Man City’s spending would actually happen, be credible and the punishment handed out wouldn’t be a slap on the wrist. 

We need to grow at a sustainable rate and in a sustainable way, which does appear to be the plan. I think no longer bending over backwards to keep a certain Mr Special happy will in someway be a bit of a relief. That doesn’t mean that NSWE will be any less ambitious, but it’s no longer possible to just buy tour way into the top 6, just because the owners in theory, can.

Massive finances are still important and a big advantage too, but the way in which that is now used has changed a lot in the last few years. The good news is that from everything we’ve seen in the last 3 years NSWE absolutely understand this and have the ability to do it and not just the money. 

Hope so.

I think at the moment we are in between the days of big spending - and the youth products being quite ready to either make an impact or fetch dent fees in the transfer market.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wes Edens has lost out on his bid to but Asda now.

It's like Tony Xia all over again when he tried to buy that Movie Studios.   He's probably got no money at all.  I've heard he doesn't even own Bucks, he's just the front man.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mysxije0je1gi8npvg

I thought it was morrisons? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

The reason being if Wes Edens wanted to dispose of his shares in the club, then the likely source of such a story would be from Regulatory/Stock Exchange type information, not a bloke who knows a bloke who used to work in the ticket office.

I thought that was just for public limited companies? 

Are we still a club? Judging by the speed the rumours went yesterday - first, it was Wes wanting to sell, then it was both the owners want out!

I fully expected us to be liquidated now, with VP demolished to make way for a Kwik Save and Deano and Shakey flipping burgers at the Wimpy in Dale End. 

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

It will never cease to amaze me how many people on here completely seize on negative rumours and then just completely run with them.

Like Grealish wanting to leave you mean? I know, it's absurd. So much pointless, unending negativity when we could all be dreaming of a march on Europe led by our stellar midfield and injured, disjointed forward line.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

12 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Like Grealish wanting to leave you mean? I know, it's absurd. So much pointless, unending negativity when we could all be dreaming of a march on Europe led by our stellar midfield and injured, disjointed forward line.

I fail to see how Grealish's well-known desire to leave and Man City's widely publicised interest is comparable to one completely unverified rumour of Wes Edens looking to quit?

• Like 1

Â