The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Can we stay on topic please - NSWE board - discussing them and what they've done = in this thread

Discussing opinion of media people /pundits ramblings - stick it in the thread for them please. Ta.

• Sad 1

Can't make this up - rival bid to NSWE calling themselves Las Vegas Heroes

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/08/prospective-ownership-group-to-use-name-las-vegas-heroes-as-mls-expansion-race-heats-up-in-sin-city

Sin City is gaining momentum as a potential MLS destination, and the recent news that a prospective ownership group had filed a trademark for the name Las Vegas Villains, presumably to be used as part of an MLS expansion bid, generated headlines last week.

There is more than one group trying to bring MLS to Las Vegas though, and sources tell SBI that one of the prominent ownership groups in the race for MLS expansion in Las Vegas has filed for a trademark of the name Las Vegas Heroes…

The Villains group includes billionaires Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris, co-owners of English Premier League club Aston Villa. Edens is also co-owner of recently-crowned NBA champion Milwaukee Bucks.

While the Villains group has garnered more publicity in recent weeks and months, the Heroes group is an equally strong contender, which would explain why Garber stopped short of calling the Villains group the frontrunner in the Las Vegas market.

“I wouldn’t say there’s any [leading candidate] at this point,” Garber told ESPN about the competing bids in Vegas. “Wes Eden’s is one of the most respected investors and operators, and clearly a really, really successful sports team owner. I happen to like him a lot personally. We’ve been intrigued by what a possibility could be with him, but it’s way too premature to talk about it anymore than that.”

What is growing increasingly clear is that there is shaping up to be a good battle for MLS expansion in Las Vegas between a group named the Villains and a group named the Heroes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Didn't know where else to put this, but after seeing Brentford's lineup yesterday, and Wolves always, one thing I'm really proud of is how we are really supporting English football. Of our 11 starters yesterday, 7 are English, and really I'd say it's 8 as big Emi has been in England since he was 18ish. Players that were missing yesterday? McGinn (Home Nations), Traore (moved to England at 17), Bailey (make your own interpretation of Jamaica-UK :D). Even our promising youngsters are mostly English. I know the Premier League is global and we want to see the world's best players, but I'm much happier with our squad demographics than e.g. Wolves FC

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who's he and wheres he get that from? 

No one else reporting it and it seems like strange info to leak

It is on Companies House, Just checked it out

Basically an all monies charge 

Was highly dubious myself to be honest especially as all introduced capital was converted to shares before. 

The tap is now off

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Our broadcast revenue will cover most (if not all) of our running costs so a loan could be for a small top up, or to cover transfer instalments before the next City payment covers them.

It's a business. Plenty of well run, profitable businesses take small bridging loans. 

Who knows, maybe Edens does want out, but a loan would indicate nothing of the sort. It would also be pretty weird timing after enjoying unlikely success with his other sports team so recently.

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Our broadcast revenue will cover most (if not all) of our running costs so a loan could be for a small top up, or to cover transfer instalments before the next City payment covers them.

It's a business. Plenty of well run, profitable businesses take small bridging loans. 

Who knows, maybe Edens does want out, but a loan would indicate nothing of the sort. It would also be pretty weird timing after enjoying unlikely success with his other sports team so recently.

I agree but it is a totally different working strategy than previous years, why pay interest if not necessary 

Edited by Follyfoot

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree but it is a totally different working strategy than previous years, why pay interest if not necessary 

No idea! Maybe it's a negligible amount for a short period of time.

Tbh I don't think it would be a big issue even if Edens did want to sell up. From what we've heard about the Grealish negotiations Nas appears to be more hands on. For a man of his wealth it may also be restrictive for each investment needing to be matched by your partner.

It's also coming from a less than 1 month old Twitter account, so may not be true at all. Source: "What's this 🧐".

Edited by Sam-AVFC

20 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

No idea! Maybe it's a negligible amount for a short period of time.

Tbh I don't think it would be a big issue even if Edens did want to sell up. From what we've heard about the Grealish negotiations Nas appears to be more hands on. For a man of his wealth it may also be restrictive for each investment needing to be matched by your partner.

It's also coming from a less than 1 month old Twitter account, so may not be true at all. Source: "What's this 🧐".

Have a look on companies house 👍 It’s known as a belt and braces charge in banking terms. The interest payable will be five or six basis points above base minimum

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

It is on Companies House, Just checked it out

I've just been on Companies house and I can't see anything relating to this. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05891280/filing-history

10 Aug 2021  Confirmation statement made on 31 July 2021 with no updates

That's the last released on there. 

Where can I see the detail?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've just been on Companies house and I can't see anything relating to this. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05891280/filing-history

That's the last released on there. 

Where can I see the detail?

Have a look at Aston Villa football club companies house. It’s not registered against NSWE

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03375789

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

LxlRZh6qvLJHNB775XRqgr1Bd6CkQ==&X-Amz-Si

Found it - interesting to note that it's against the AVFC Ltd rather than the Villa parent company - I'm not sure why they'd do or whether that tells us anything about what the money might be for.

I have read it all the way through and it appears to be a floating charge against all of our incoming income, Basically it will be month-to-month money to keep the club afloat

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

LxlRZh6qvLJHNB775XRqgr1Bd6CkQ==&X-Amz-Si

Found it - interesting to note that it's against the AVFC Ltd rather than the Villa parent company - I'm not sure why they'd do or whether that tells us anything about what the money might be for.

I am not sure of the significance of registering it against AVFC and not NSWE, I wouldn’t think it makes big difference.

What’s interesting is that the loan seems to be secured not only against 21/22 merit payments ( which are paid in May) but also against 22/23 Equal share payments. Am I getting it right?

this would suggest, larger, longer term loan.

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

I am not sure of the significance of registering it against AVFC and not NSWE, I wouldn’t think it makes big difference.

What’s interesting is that the loan seems to be secured not only against 21/22 merit payments ( which are paid in May) but also against 22/23 Equal share payments. Am I getting it right?

this would suggest, larger, longer term loan.

Correct

Â