The NSWE Board

Guest av1

As I said earlier, if there is any inkling of truth to this, we are in such a healthy place right now, we could actually end up with even richer owners.

Having said that, I can't see it being true at all.

Unless Jack selling out has proper pissed them off. lol

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Go on then…specifics…who, what, where, when, how they know and the detail.

It was from a mate who used to work in the IT department at Villa Park, he still speaks to people who work within the club and was told “The owners want out” like I said I just dismissed it. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

It was from a mate who used to work in the IT department at Villa Park, he still speaks to people who work within the club and was told “The owners want out” like I said I just dismissed it. 

So it’s a mate of a bloke who used to work in the IT department. Pretty decent source then given how the place leaks like a sieve and we all know exactly what’s going on. If Doris changes the brand of biscuits the Brum Mail know all about it before the first one gets dunked. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

To single out Wes Edens here, he is one of the most determined sports team owners there is. He doesn't buy teams to quickly flip them. His business record is outstanding and he builds, develops, and then retains. He actually likes sports too, which is more than can be said for some high profile sports team owners.

Also, people looking into the whole 'NSWE is creating a franchise in the MLS' situation to mean they're selling up at Villa are insane. It doesn't cost much to create/run a franchise in the MLS. If David Beckham can do it, NSWE could do it with the equivalent of whatever money they find behind their respective sofas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

So it’s a mate of a bloke who used to work in the IT department. Pretty decent source then given how the place leaks like a sieve and we all know exactly what’s going on. If Doris changes the brand of biscuits the Brum Mail know all about it before the first one gets dunked. 

The poster asked me I replied with what I was told out of courtesy. Like I said I dismissed it. What I don’t get is why poster like you respond, if you don’t believe it why waste your time responding, ah you were trying to be funny. 

Even more reason why we need to become self sustainable ASAP.  The idea that Villa could just cease to exist is frightening and I'm over here in the states can't imagine you fellow fans that can trace back the history a century. I love our current owners but after living through Lerner I would accept mid-table football for a couple years if it's puts us on a sustainable path for the future. 

Technically speaking we've only used the Grealish money. 

So zero investment from NSWE this summer. 

We're still short of a defensive midfielder and another box to box midfielder. Possibly also a natural left winger to replace Grealish. 

If we want to realistically improve on last season we need to spend another 70-80 million. And that's money we probably would have spent had we not sold Grealish. So I'm not sure what is holding them back. 

Be intriguing if talk of Las Vegas Villans grows into anything, and if so what the affiliation &  structure would be -  Is it (NS)WE or just WE?  Obviously years away if true but an exciting prospect, 

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Be intriguing if talk of Las Vegas Villans grows into anything, and if so what the affiliation &  structure would be -  Is it (NS)WE or just WE?  Obviously years away if true but an exciting prospect, 

Could be a nice little youth development outlet. A bit like what Citeh do with NYCFC.

MLS is about the right standard for Premiership youth development. I know if the younger lads were given the option to develop in Las Vegas, it's a bit more attractive for them than Alfreton or whatever.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well between this news, JT leaving, ROK leaving, JG leaving, failing to sign 2 top  targets, several injuries and a loss to Watford, we’ve had better summers.

Leon Bailey…cheer us up! No pressure.

If you believe in random rumours, Leon is injured according to someone in the Bailey thread. So .... 😕

Edited by PeterSw

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What do you make of the Edens rumour @blandy

I have no inside knowledge. I'd be very surprised if it was true. The reason being if Wes Edens wanted to dispose of his shares in the club, then the likely source of such a story would be from Regulatory/Stock Exchange type information, not a bloke who knows a bloke who used to work in the ticket office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

It will never cease to amaze me how many people on here completely seize on negative rumours and then just completely run with them.

It will never cease to amaze me how many "Villa fans" make up nonsense too*.  **** weird.

* - Not necessarily people on here and, obviously, not everything is nonsense.  I mean the things that actually are.

• Like 1

Â