The NSWE Board

Guest av1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Chinese owner probably can't get his money out of his bank. (at home)...let alone the country.

Won't be long before the Chinese owners are completely out of European football. Not good news for our WM rivals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Won't be long before the Chinese owners are completely out of European football. Not good news for our WM rivals. 

Our Chinese owner selling up and leaving turned out to be the best thing that happened to us in ages. I doubt any of them would be able to attract owners like NSWE, but it might be similarly ideal for them too.

With the possible exception of Wolves, who would no doubt collapse into obscurity again at record speed.

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Wes was wearing a Villa top at the Bucks game. 

That’s at the Celtics though, you can see on the chairs and shirts.  Must be an older photo but still great seeing him wearing a Villa top.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure I read somewhere that, Sawiris family group actually own us, and combined they are worth 40 billion plus?

Forgive me if it's actually bollox.

I don't know about the family owning us, but I mentioned that two of my friends are senior members of a company owned by Nassef's brother. They would say that the family has a lot of assets that wouldn't appear on any public net-worth assessments, and $40 billion would seem more than reasonable. Conservative, even. 

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Back on topic.

Just something that's come to me....what would we need to achieve for NSWE to be viewed as massive success in 10 years time?

I would say 5 but that's too short a timeframe given where we were even just two years ago but as we saw with Lerner ownership a decade is good length to judge the ups and downs and what long term benefits have been left (if any).

Obviously it would be nice to win something and with 10 full seasons it shouldn't be unrealistic or some impossible demands, between 2010-20 we were in 3 cup finals after all and pretty rubbish for 9 of those seasons.

Interested how many times we should be qualifying for euope in that run, opinions will differ but again think 4-5 times should be target, Spurs for example last didn't qualify for europe in 2008-09 season.

One thing I'd really like is for us to be sustainable enough to withstand key player and managerial departures which are inevitable at some point in the next decade. We're not ready for that yet but we will need to be as it happens to all clubs. One area where we're wiseing up is youth development and another would be to simply go and get a star player from another team if we eventually lose a Grealish or perhaps Konsa at the back, the owners mean business and have captial to get it up so would expect that to be the mentality.

So so disappointing how things collapsed so quickly once we lost O'Neill, Young, Milner etc. We were always going to take a step back but 6th-16th in two years was still very avoidable as I don't think any other team from around that period fell that low so quickly and many of them have to sell key players.

Leicester an obvious template and why not as they have the best ownership in the league imo. Interested to get opinions on this.

Just now, av1 said:

The fact we are still a football club is good enough for me. 

Well yes but I'm sure Chelsea fans were similar in 2003 and weren't Man. City about to go into administration in 2008 weeks before their takeover?

Feels like a completely different world back then to now with those two now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just something that's come to me....what would we need to achieve for NSWE to be viewed as massive success in 10 years time?

Being able to close the revenue gap with the top six clubs. That would essentially mean we are in a position to compete for trophies and Europe on a regular basis.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 16:01, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure I read somewhere that, Sawiris family group actually own us, and combined they are worth 40 billion plus?

Forgive me if it's actually bollox.

His Family are seriously Rich....I read around 35 billion......but not sure if the family own us, I think its just Naseef and Wes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I would say 5 but that's too short a timeframe given where we were even just two years ago but as we saw with Lerner ownership a decade is good length to judge the ups and downs and what long term benefits have been left (if any).

Obviously it would be nice to win something and with 10 full seasons it shouldn't be unrealistic or some impossible demands, between 2010-20 we were in 3 cup finals after all and pretty rubbish for 9 of those seasons.

Interested how many times we should be qualifying for euope in that run, opinions will differ but again think 4-5 times should be target, Spurs for example last didn't qualify for europe in 2008-09 season.

One thing I'd really like is for us to be sustainable enough to withstand key player and managerial departures which are inevitable at some point in the next decade. We're not ready for that yet but we will need to be as it happens to all clubs. One area where we're wiseing up is youth development and another would be to simply go and get a star player from another team if we eventually lose a Grealish or perhaps Konsa at the back, the owners mean business and have captial to get it up so would expect that to be the mentality.

So so disappointing how things collapsed so quickly once we lost O'Neill, Young, Milner etc. We were always going to take a step back but 6th-16th in two years was still very avoidable as I don't think any other team from around that period fell that low so quickly and many of them have to sell key players.

Leicester an obvious template and why not as they have the best ownership in the league imo. Interested to get opinions on this.

Champions League regulars. As much as modern football is mostly nauseating we need to be regulars in the CL.

Arsenal and Spurs are on their way down (after Wenger & Poch left) and Manure are by no means stable. Liverpool fell apart after finally winning the PL.

So there is the chance that we can solidify ourselves up there and take advantage of other teams woes. That would mean success.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Champions League regulars. As much as modern football is mostly nauseating we need to be regulars in the CL.

Arsenal and Spurs are on their way down (after Wenger & Poch left) and Manure are by no means stable. Liverpool fell apart after finally winning the PL.

So there is the chance that we can solidify ourselves up there and take advantage of other teams woes. That would mean success.

I view success as incremental and gradual.

Sure trophies confim it all.....but gradual team/club strengthening is surely an element of success, in itself.

I have no idea what their long term strategy is, but so far its been incredible and the support for the managers team building unprecedented.

We have seen from Chelsea that early suspicions on Abramovich's tenure has been unfounded and he has turned out to be a fantastic owner for them.....not comparing with ours by the way.....Just saying ,he is still there and supporting them after 16 years.

I have every reason to believe that our owners are in it, for the long haul......and long may it continue.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â