The NSWE Board

Guest av1

My question is, if the proposal gains popularity of 50+1 based on the German model, is it enough to make our owners lose interest.

its alright those clubs with bad owners, trying to secure rules to contol them.....but what about clubs like ours, with good owners, who have no problems other than FFP.

We can't run football, just to satisfy this renegade 6.

I feel uneasy, how some of these badly run clubs, could drag us in, to their issues.

What are the thoughts on here?

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

My question is, if the proposal gains popularity of 50+1 based on the German model, is it enough to make our owners lose interest.

its alright those clubs with bad owners, trying to secure rules to contol them.....but what about clubs like ours, with good owners, who have no problems other than FFP.

I feel uneasy, how some of these badly run clubs, could drag us in, to their issues.

My worry with the 50+1 debate is that it's too late. Unfortunately we now have a league where a small number of clubs have a global presence and substantial income.

Moving to fan ownership will see these clubs reinvest more income in players. The next tier of club has had to rely on investment to make them competitive. Villa a great example, wolves another. I fear we will see this disappear and that will create a bigger gulf than we have today.

I'd be very surprised to see billionaire investment where they have reduced control.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

It's a knee jerk reaction.

For villas point of view I would be expecting our owners and purslow to be consulting heavily now about the possibility of moving 2 seasons upwards in transfer dealings this summer. Taking the risk that the 6 clubs get a 1 year European ban and or points deduction at the start of next season and going for higher tier players. Its a gamble but we all know we need 3 or 4 higher quality players this summer. It's a question of how high they want to gamble.

And potentially impressing on our current squad that if we can finish in the top 10 we have a half chance of European football next season.

The 50+1 goes in the bin as soon as you realise man utd are worth around £4bn

Red Dave who drinks in the Bell thinks he's going to buy £100 worth of man utd shares and have a direct say in what man utd do 

Even the club who desperately want to get rid of their owners can't make it work 

Its long gone 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Not sure where to put this but just been reading that Brighton are going to be forming an alliance and working in partnership with Hibs. I would have liked us to form an alliance as the fans who came on here especially when we signed McGinn were a great bunch of lads. I do wonder when we will announce a partnership as we’ve reportedly been close now in a few occasions. I’m sure this will be part of the long term planning. 

55 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not sure where to put this but just been reading that Brighton are going to be forming an alliance and working in partnership with Hibs. I would have liked us to form an alliance as the fans who came on here especially when we signed McGinn were a great bunch of lads. I do wonder when we will announce a partnership as we’ve reportedly been close now in a few occasions. I’m sure this will be part of the long term planning. 

So Hibs are becoming Brighton’s feeder club in a way? 

41 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

So Hibs are becoming Brighton’s feeder club in a way? 

I guess so ... I think they call it a strategic alliance nowadays rather than feeder club arrangement. Either way it will be good to start to firm these across the globe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The 50+1 goes in the bin as soon as you realise man utd are worth around £4bn

Red Dave who drinks in the Bell thinks he's going to buy £100 worth of man utd shares and have a direct say in what man utd do 

Even the club who desperately want to get rid of their owners can't make it work 

Its long gone 

I think it could still work, not as "ownership" but as consultation/law - as in major changes (like a break away league) would need to have the agreement of 50+1% of season ticket holders. A good board, like NSWE might even choose to adopt consultation along those lines regardless of the league putting such a thing in place. It's hypothetical, but some sort of scheme like that for major changes ought to be possible. I agree the ownership boat has sailed - it went when or not long after the Prem was formed, really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aston Villa chief’s ‘exploratory talks’ about new club – Travelled with Johan Lange earlier this month

Wesley Edens, one of the co-owners of Aston Villa, has held ‘exploratory talks’ regarding an investment in Portuguese side Vitória Guimarães.

That’s according to Record, who say that he met with the chairman of the club Pinto Lisboa earlier this month.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-chief-exploratory-talks-new-club-travelled-johan-lange-earlier-month/

Original source article 

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/v--guimaraes/detalhe/dono-do-aston-villa-estuda-investimento-no-v-guimaraes

That’s now Nas, Wes & Lange rumoured to have held discussions. 

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Aston Villa chief’s ‘exploratory talks’ about new club – Travelled with Johan Lange earlier this month

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-chief-exploratory-talks-new-club-travelled-johan-lange-earlier-month/

Original source article 

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/v--guimaraes/detalhe/dono-do-aston-villa-estuda-investimento-no-v-guimaraes

That’s now Nas, Wes & Lange rumoured to have held discussions. 

That's where Suliman is. Would be a good move to aquire them.

I like the basics of their stadium, if we were to have a brand new Villa Park I'd like that style, big horseshoe and a massive Holte End.

When did the original link to this team appear? Was that when Dr Tony was here? Or was that a Danish club? 

I definitely remember something like this being mooted into he past.

Might be a more manageable avenue for loaning our youth players to get them a decent standard of football, too, depending on the rules there. Rather them play Porto than Rotherham.

Also a good league for bringing over South Americans...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, May-Z said:

When did the original link to this team appear? Was that when Dr Tony was here? Or was that a Danish club? 

I definitely remember something like this being mooted into he past.

Last Summer I made a topic about it. 

6 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Might be a more manageable avenue for loaning our youth players to get them a decent standard of football, too, depending on the rules there. Rather them play Porto than Rotherham.

Also a good league for bringing over South Americans...

Indeed. Pretty perfect place to get young Europeans who we wouldn't be able to get with brexit and giving our young players a great place to get some practice in. 

There's apparently a rumour that we're considering setting up A and B sides at some of the various stages of academy, not sure how or if that would tie up with the NSWE Board buying a new team, but would probably do us good if we could find a way for some of them to face tougher opposition than they do in regular U23 football.

The rumour last summer was that it was Sawiris who was interested in buying Vitoria.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â