The NSWE Board

Guest av1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Dear NSWE,

So, we just finished in our highest league position for ten years, our season tickets are being renewed at the fastest rate in our history and the waiting list to get one is now at over ten thousand people, we've just broken our transfer record for the third straight summer in bringing in a full Argentinian international, to go with our other full Argentinian international, and we've beaten out Arsenal for both of those signings. In our last two games we've beaten Spurs and Chelsea and we're about to go into a European Championships where England's star player is also Villa's star player and Captain. We've expanded our training ground twice, once for the first team and then with a specific facility for the youth teams, who have just won our first FA Youth Cup in almost twenty years and feature some of the country's most talented young players. We're run by competent people, from the CEO with experience at Liverpool and Chelsea, to the youth coaches we've lured from the best academies in the country. One of ours has just scored more goals for Scotland in a season than any player in twenty years (he's not a striker, our main striker is now part of the England set up) he's a midfielder who plays next to the Brazilian international we have. We matched our record for clean sheets last season and sold out Villa Park for the thirteen games prior to lockdown, there are talks around expanding the stadium and we're investing millions in building an inner city academy just around the corner from it. 

How do you think it's going?

Yes! 🙌🥰

• Like 1

I am still a million miles away from writing love letters to our owners. I already allowed myself to be fooled for a second time and my memory just isn't that short. 

It's hard to argue with the progress and the vision shown so far. Particularly off the field, where the difference happens IMO. How much of that is on them and how much on Purslow I don't know, but between them as a combination they have so far met every possible expectation. 

Long may it continue, because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

What we have to remember, is.....Money alone, doesn't do it.

There are a catalogue of factors, that come together, to create success, money just helps make it happen....I feel everyone at B6 is on the same page and I wouldn't under estimate the role CP is playing in all this, He seems a very hands on and composed individual, with huge experience in his role.

All things at Villa seem linked and there is a synergy about the place.

often in the past the term " Blue Print " has been used nonchalantly as a loose answer to progress.....It seems we we really have one this time.

But the vast amounts of money helps provide for all the other things that makes it happen. Its surprising how persuasive endless amounts of cash can be in football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Dear NSWE,

So, we just finished in our highest league position for ten years, our season tickets are being renewed at the fastest rate in our history and the waiting list to get one is now at over ten thousand people, we've just broken our transfer record for the third straight summer in bringing in a full Argentinian international, to go with our other full Argentinian international, and we've beaten out Arsenal for both of those signings. In our last two games we've beaten Spurs and Chelsea and we're about to go into a European Championships where England's star player is also Villa's star player and Captain. We've expanded our training ground twice, once for the first team and then with a specific facility for the youth teams, who have just won our first FA Youth Cup in almost twenty years and feature some of the country's most talented young players. We're run by competent people, from the CEO with experience at Liverpool and Chelsea, to the youth coaches we've lured from the best academies in the country. One of ours has just scored more goals for Scotland in a season than any player in twenty years (he's not a striker, our main striker is now part of the England set up) he's a midfielder who plays next to the Brazilian international we have. We matched our record for clean sheets last season and sold out Villa Park for the thirteen games prior to lockdown, there are talks around expanding the stadium and we're investing millions in building an inner city academy just around the corner from it. 

How do you think it's going?

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

But the vast amounts of money helps provide for all the other things that makes it happen. Its surprising how persuasive endless amounts of cash can be in football.

I agree.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Do we have more money to spend than previously thought?

when we have owners with the financial wherewithal to do as they please.....and allied to a burning desire to succeed.

BINGO.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

40 M is nothing for these owners.

But we still have to operate within FFP restrictions.

That's the key point to temper excitement. If the cheating bullshit FFP racket didn't exist to stop teams threatening the Super League Spackers we could really push forwards even quicker but we are limited despite having owners that may be willing and possible to invest even more, but can't.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

What we have to remember, is.....Money alone, doesn't do it.

There are a catalogue of factors, that come together, to create success, money just helps make it happen....I feel everyone at B6 is on the same page and I wouldn't under estimate the role CP is playing in all this, He seems a very hands on and composed individual, with huge experience in his role.

All things at Villa seem linked and there is a synergy about the place.

often in the past the term " Blue Print " has been used nonchalantly as a loose answer to progress.....It seems we we really have one this time.

Completely agree on Purslow. He's been CEO at Liveprool and been pretty high up years back at Chelsea aswell I think so knows the mentality need to eventually win stuff and all the behind scenes work to get in better sponsorship and the place you have to be as a club to start getting it e.g. regular qualification.

Think that's the advantage we have compared to previous eras I think, Lerner tried a few out before eventually just giving it to Faulkner who tried his best but it was perhaps a little above his pay grade and then that awful Tom Fox bloke came in spouting nonsense.

Wyness had  at least done the role at previous clubs but he was basically CEO equiviliant of Steve Bruce, too old school in his approach.

Purslow may not get every big decision right in next few years but I feel he's got the feel of where we need to be and the right steps we need to take so I have confidence in him and clearly the owners trust him as seems he was really fighting DS's corner last March aswell when it was looking very dodgy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wyness had  at least done the role at previous clubs but he was basically CEO equiviliant of Steve Bruce, too old school in his approach

I don't know what you mean 

image.png.7420ee98283f6734d18c10b6a76e9d49.png

Â