The NSWE Board

Guest av1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

This isn’t a criticism of our owners but you cannot be serious about wanting to challenge for Europe and make a profit in a summer window.

I think if we could have got smith Rowe or JWP we would have. The summer profit was more down to not being able to get the higher level of player we are after. Hopefully a foreign coach can get us a few gems in from the continent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I think if we could have got smith Rowe or JWP we would have. The summer profit was more down to not being able to get the higher level of player we are after. Hopefully a foreign coach can get us a few gems in from the continent. 

Yes I know but the point still remains. 

What they've shown today at least is they're not prepared just to write seasons off needlessly being in bottom six and potentially battling relegation.

Refreshing change from second part of Lerner era at least.

Interesting what they come up with next now, this will be very interesting week as assume they've taken decision with some of favoured candidates saying they'd be interested in job now.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Well, they don't mess about, do they. I think Edens has a reputation for ruthlessness.

Exactly what I think. To quote that boss in Reggie Perrin..."I didn't get to where I am today without (sacking)...."

• Like 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

I suspect they are now seeing they can't compete and win. The rules make it impossible to do so.

If I were to bet they will look to sell up in the summer 

Thats always worried me . We will find out in January when the window opens. 

Just now, Pissflaps said:

I suspect they are now seeing they can't compete and win. The rules make it impossible to do so.

I mentioned elsewhere but I think that Grealish going was a tough one for them to take. The fact that we made money on transfers in the summer rather than invest further suggests to me that they had given up hope of competing a little.

I’m still hoping for a Favre or a Potter to suggest that we’re still an exciting, ambitious place to be. However I fear that we’ll see a Gerrard or Terry come in which won’t fill me with confidence that they haven’t given up.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats always worried me . We will find out in January when the window opens. 

They didn't spend a penny in the summer tbf. It was just the Grealish money.

But I'm sure they will back the new manager.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What they've shown today at least is they're not prepared just to write seasons off needlessly being in bottom six and potentially battling relegation.

Refreshing change from second part of Lerner era at least.

Interesting what they come up with next now, this will be very interesting week as assume they've taken decision with some of favoured candidates saying they'd be interested in job now.

On the other hand every member of the coaching team that got us 11th has now left. The two that weren't part of that remain.

You couldn't make it up.

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

On the other hand every member of the coaching team that got us 11th has now left. The two that weren't part of that remain.

You couldn't make it up.

I agree on that. Time will tell if DS comes out with what happened with the coaching changes (guess confidential clauses would be part of agreement of him leaving but certainly O'Kelly being demoted wouldn't have been his decision at all).

Think McPhee is a big part of the problem so would be disappointing if club put pressure on next manager to keep him on when I really don't see what he's offering now the long throws have been shown as worthless.

33 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Thought the same since Jack went and we only spent the proceeds.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes I know but the point still remains. 

If another club had finished 11th and added Ings, Buendia and Leon Bailey would they not be confident of rising a few places higher?

Don't see what's so different to say West Ham being barely above bottom 3 and adding Soucek, Coufal and Benhrama and in 18 months suddenly they're a serious top 4 contender. Of course if they sold Rice they'd dip a bit but don't think it would be that dramatic.

I think we've got some really good players in final third, just need a manager who can work it all out as DS was tying himself in knots with some of his decisions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

As things stand this at least doubled our chance of relegation, from very slim to very possible. So really hope they get the appointment right!

I’d say it more as it shows they are ambitious enough they’d gamble chasing the Europa League (which is only a couple of wins away) vs an increased risk of relegation from where we are today. Whether that’s good or bad in this instance remains to be seen!

Â