The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I read an article a while ago saying that the owners were concerned and disappointed with our drop off last season, but they understood some of the reasons (Grealish’s injury being the main one), so I suspect that there may be one or two concerns with Smith prior to this season. I don’t think our start has done much to ease the concerns. I think the next 3 matches before the next international break are vital for Smith. 

7 minutes ago, Risso said:

He didn't look very happy at all the end. At all...

He's a winner. He loves winners. And had a taste of it (as a sports team owner) with Bucks in July. What happened yesterday will look horrible to him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I read an article a while ago saying that the owners were concerned and disappointed with our drop off last season, but they understood some of the reasons (Grealish’s injury being the main one), so I suspect that there may be one or two concerns with Smith prior to this season. I don’t think our start has done much to ease the concerns. I think the next 3 matches before the next international break are vital for Smith. 

Do you have a source for this article?

38 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I’ll see if I can find it. 

I’ve had a look through and I can’t find it. It might have been a series of tweets rather than an article, but I think it was from one of the local journalists.

35 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I’ve had a look through and I can’t find it. It might have been a series of tweets rather than an article, but I think it was from one of the local journalists.

I believe it was Gregg Evans in the Athletic. 

• Like 1

I can't remember the exact quotes but Purslow said in an interview with VillaTV at the end of last season that they were disappointed with the way our form dipped in the second half of the 2020/21 premier league campaign. Although it's kind of obvious that they'd be disappointed, doesn't mean to say that they were disappointed with le saison as an whole, or that Smith is in any kind of danger of losing his job presently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

where does it show that?

I was sitting about 6 feet away from him. He celebrated our two goals like a crazy man. At the final whistle, he was absolutely fuming, and appeared to be making a few very pointed comments to Purslow, quite forcefully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

I was sitting about 6 feet away from him. He celebrated our two goals like a crazy man. At the final whistle, he was absolutely fuming, and appeared to be making a few very pointed comments to Purslow, quite forcefully.

I like that. 

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I can't remember the exact quotes but Purslow said in an interview with VillaTV at the end of last season that they were disappointed with the way our form dipped in the second half of the 2020/21 premier league campaign. Although it's kind of obvious that they'd be disappointed, doesn't mean to say that they were disappointed with le saison as an whole, or that Smith is in any kind of danger of losing his job presently.

But that would be Puirslow saying something (which you can't remember), not the owners. I don't believe that the owners have publicly made such a statement and people shouldn't say that they have without some factual basis.

• Like 1

Purslow admitted Villa’s inconsistent second half to the season had been a source of disappointment.

He said: “I am pretty pleased with the way things went. I think it is fair to say the first half was better the second.

“The progression is clear in terms of the points we accumulated. I also liked the fact we had a number of big results against the traditionally stronger sides. But there is a little bit of regret that 11th does not quite reflect where we were for most of the season.

“For a long time it looked like we might be pushing for Europe but we missed out on that. So it was good but tinged with a little bit of regret.”

Shropshire Star

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Purslow admitted Villa’s inconsistent second half to the season had been a source of disappointment.

He said: “I am pretty pleased with the way things went. I think it is fair to say the first half was better the second.

“The progression is clear in terms of the points we accumulated. I also liked the fact we had a number of big results against the traditionally stronger sides. But there is a little bit of regret that 11th does not quite reflect where we were for most of the season.

“For a long time it looked like we might be pushing for Europe but we missed out on that. So it was good but tinged with a little bit of regret.”

Shropshire Star

And people genuinely believed the message coming out was Dean Smith is under pressure. 

Â