The NSWE Board

Guest av1

There aren't billionaires that aren't words removed, tbh. They just might not be as big a bunch of words removed as some of the other PL owners. Nobody deserves to be that rich.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Exactly you can't compare spending in American sports to here. Over there the owners don't really spend much personal wealth to make a team successful. It's just not the same as football here 

Maybe so, but you’re talking about the poor relation [/sarc] in our owning partnership. In Arab societies ‘face’ is everything. Sawiris is doing this because he can. He’s bought a team in the PL and is competing against the Abu Dhabi royal family, which brings Egyptian national honour into the equation - in his mind.

You might find that preposterous, but the only thing Arabs hate more than outsiders is each other. He’s in it to win it, imo. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 4

Reading the statements from Elmo and Taylor today, both mention the owners taking us to the very top. 

Exciting stuff.

On 01/06/2021 at 23:56, S-Platt said:

Great owners not putting up the prices of season tickets!! We are blessed.

They will probably need to at some point though, at the end of the day, it's a business.

I just hope they don't face severe backlash when the time comes.

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They will probably need to at some point though, at the end of the day, it's a business.

I just hope they don't face severe backlash when the time comes.

I think the majority of fans will see an increase as fair if we keep improving and they keep investing.

This year if we had not had a pandemic I think most would have swallowed it but to their credit they seem to have their fingers on the pulse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I think the majority of fans will see an increase as fair if we keep improving and they keep investing.

This year if we had not had a pandemic I think most would have swallowed it but to their credit they seem to have their fingers on the pulse.

I think many fans have seen an increase already. The price of my seats has increased by 15%.

23 minutes ago, brommy said:

I think many fans have seen an increase already. The price of my seats has increased by 15%.

Yeah mine went up about that much.  I’m willing to pay it, still great value but definitely gone up a fair bit as a percentage.

On 28/05/2021 at 18:00, av1 said:

Reading the statements from Elmo and Taylor today, both mention the owners taking us to the very top. 

Exciting stuff.

Many owners have said this in the past and not delivered.

We should feel excited but at the same time you have got to be realistic.

The likes of Spurs, Leicester, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City aren't suddnly going away just because we've got good owners.

Would take a shit ton of money to even get close to them.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Many owners have said this in the past and not delivered.

We should feel excited but at the same time you have got to be realistic.

The likes of Spurs, Leicester, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City aren't suddnly going away just because we've got good owners.

Would take a shit ton of money to even get close to them.

I'm very enthusiastic because of how they've done it. 

Reports will say they've spent £200million. They haven't, they've invested in assets which increase in value. They've actually made money. The asset value of every player (except Sammatta and kallinic) has improved. 

Other outlays are easily covered by the value of the club probably 4/5x increasing. If they sold up tomorrow they would make money. 

The realism comes in, where in the longer term we will sell 1 star asset per season (Grealish, mings) before their value declines (27,28), to be replaced by a youth team or younger cheaper purchase. Bit like the Leicester model. 

More than the playing gap, I keep wondering how we will bridge the revenue gap with the six highest revenue producing team. Until that happens we will always need to punch above our weight to compete for Europe and trophies. 

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

More than the playing gap, I keep wondering how we will bridge the revenue gap with the six highest revenue producing team. Until that happens we will always need to punch above our weight to compete for Europe and trophies. 

Bigger stadium, more corporate facilities, higher profile signings.

Royal decree 😉.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Only way is CL tv money for a few years, doing that without having a totally unsustainable wage bill if you don't get in for a few years once you get there is the really hard bit I would say. I don't think it's impossible if you have outstanding coaching and recruitment but I can name the regular CL qualifiers without a mahoosive wage bill on the fingers of one tit.

Please stick to discussing the NSWE board and if you want to discus the morality of wealth and so on, feel free to start an Off Topic thread on that. Cheers.

• Thanks 3

Â