The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

NSWE

Kevin Durant Mvp GIF by NBA

Don't believe that for a second. Smith said the planning has been ongoing for a while. They won't rip those up to just suddenly decide to raise the level of finances available for players and mean replanning is needed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Don't believe that for a second. Smith said the planning has been ongoing for a while. They won't rip those up to just suddenly decide to raise the level of finances available for players and mean replanning is needed.

Agree. I've never put much weight to anything written by Evans or Preece. Always speculative and with convenient outs to cover themselves.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2

Nas has a rocket launcher smile doesn't he. The other premier league chairmen can watch this video and absolutely shit themselves. Thats not the smile of a business tycoon. Thats the smile of a man who absolutely loves the thrill of sport. And this man just had his wealth increase by 50 % in the last year. 

• Like 1

Exactly.

Smith in May: "We've been planning for this window for a long time. The targets make me excited and will make the fans excited"

Birmingham Mail: OuR iNsIdEr SaYs ThEy WeRe PlAnNiNg A qUiEt WiNdOw.

Even a quick Google would've saved them from looking clueless again.

• Like 3

They have a list of targets in positions they want to improve. IF they were set an approximate budget for those signings it could be one top of the list, 2 3rd choice and a cheaper option. That's the 4 signings. If you suddenly are told the budget has increased if we can land a top 1 or 2 signings on list for the positions then that's what we do. 

So there is essentially zero "replanning" needed. If NSWE have given a green light to go for the other top targets on the list, who were only viable if we failed to get Buendia and got a cheaper player in that position. 

Edited by CVByrne

4 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Which bit? Think we've got the 3rd richest now based on Nas' increase in wealth over the past 12 months. 

Yeah that’s the bit. Cheers.

• Like 1

Rich doesnt matter. Ready to spend your riches does. And everything we see suggests a huge willingness to invest in Aston Villa. The infrastructure is in place now with high performing managers at every level. The training ground has just had an elite level upgrade . The academy facilities are one of the very best in the country. 

Now all this is in place there is no reason why they couldnt " go for it " . The only thing stopping them is ffp and i guess they are in a far better position than us to know how that effects our finances.  They might have sponsors lined up for next year that blow the current deal with Cazoo out of the water. 

At the end of the day we have zero debt on the books. Compared to many of our competitors that is a wonderful place to be. 

Why shouldnt Nassefs big beaming smile be turned into fantasy football eh 🤔

Edited by MWARLEY2

11 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Which bit? Think we've got the 3rd richest now based on Nas' increase in wealth over the past 12 months. 

I think NSWE are easily 3rd. Not far off twatgrinovich

It's a beautiful thing to see Arsenal and Tottingham potentially struggling. In truth there's now a divide between those clubs who were happily sat there selling out every match, building mahoosive lookalike stadiums and making champions league by default of being an attractive 'London' club paying high wages - and those clubs who have owners willing to finance things to get ahead or stay ahead and who play smart. Money will talk in this league and if you haven't got it spare, you will lose ground. Can see the top of the league reflecting these styles of owner in the next few years - i.e. Man Citeh, Chelsea dominance and then the smarter clubs with good budgets like Leicester and us - and obviously Man U and Liverpool will always be up there. I haven't got a clue when NSWE will transition to the club self financing but I think it could be a couple of seasons yet and you'd hope at a point when we are so well stocked it won't matter.

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

He invest in Tesla or something?

I've a feeling it's a bit misleading.  He seems to be worth $8.3bn, but a couple of years ago he seems to have been worth about $7.9bn. 

I suspect this is a case of most shares being wiped out 12 months ago by covid and have now broadly recovered. Adidas shares were 172euros in March 2020 after a massive dive, and they are now 290 euros, nearly but not quite what they were pre covid. 

So he along with everyone else who hold large stock market holdings took a massive stock market hit 12-18 months ago and they've now recovered. 

You can bet he's been buying more shares whilst they were low though.  Apparently a few months ago he bought a big chunk of the New York Nicks after their shares took a dive due to Covid measures.  It's how the rich get richer during financial crisis.  Warren Buffet has always said that the best time to rush into the market is when everyone else is rushing away so long as the company is basically sound. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man City ownership is an exercise in sport washing or whatever it’s called.

Abramovich was asked two questions when he bought Chelsea. What if the money runs out and what if you’re killed. His answer was, the money won’t run out. He does have genuine interest in Chelsea but he needed a high profile to lessen the chances of the Russian Mafia/government bumping him off. No guarantees there though. 

Glazers, yes well.

Kroenke and Levy’s lot skint.

NSWE seem to have a genuine interest in sport and football. I think in business terms we are a relatively small part of their overall empire but an important one. Aston Villa are their most visible asset and so they won’t want it to do anything but the very best. They will continue to bring their vast business expertise and wealth to enable us to achieve their ambitions. I think our ambitions as fans are possibly lower than theirs, based on what we believe to be realistic, due to past experiences. What they believe to be realistic has no such restrictions. 

I’d also like to think that the magic of Aston Villa has already started to get into their blood and will inevitably reach their hearts and souls as it usually does with us all. In time they too will realise that they didn’t chose but were chosen. UTV!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Abramovich was asked two questions when he bought Chelsea. What if the money runs out and what if you’re killed. His answer was, the money won’t run out. He does have genuine interest in Chelsea but he needed a high profile to lessen the chances of the Russian Mafia/government bumping him off. No guarantees there though. 

Glazers, yes well.

NSWE seem to have a genuine interest in sport and football. I think in business terms we are a relatively small part of their overall empire but an important one. Aston Villa are their most visible asset and so they won’t want it to do anything but the very best. They will continue to bring their vast business expertise and wealth to enable us to achieve their ambitions. I think our ambitions as fans are possibly lower than theirs, based on what we believe to be realistic, due to past experiences. What they believe to be realistic has no such restrictions. 

I’d also like to think that the magic of Aston Villa has already started to get into their blood and will inevitably reach their hearts and souls as it usually does with us all. In time they too will realise that they didn’t chose but were chosen. UTV!!

P.S. I forgot Liverpool ownership. Probably says it all. 

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Glazers, yes well.

Money laundering? 🤣

Â