Christian Purslow

villan-scott

I think he did a decent job, but like every area of this club is if we want to achieve bigger things we need to move on. 

He was competent but also showed poor judgement affected by bias so I don't think this is a huge loss or gain.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do we think anything has played out behind the scenes or he has just fulfilled his MO and natural cycle of a CEO?

He got a pretty large personal statement in the Villa post. Can't have been particularly strained given Villa usually just give one or two lines at best to departures.

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Careful what we wish for here.

Purslow made mistakes but he's been bloody good for this club.

I trust the owners to get the right replacement in 100% - but CEOs are here to be popular with supporters; they are here to run the company well for the desired outcomes. Big decision to be made.

He’s done a very good job - even with the Gerrard mistake. I said recently he’s been an 8/10, so if we can get a replacement who does better then that is only good for us. No issues with Purslow and I thank him for stealing the ship as he has done, even if we did almost hit an iceberg!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Kind of inevitable.

We've hired a business manager in Heck. Director of football incoming, therefore Purslow is effectively redundant.

For me, he's done a fantastic job (except for Gerrard), however the structure is now clearly growing as we do.

That all too much for one person, you still need a CEO surely? Who ensures everything is in place, the corporate due diligence, the fiduciary responsibility, the negotiation with Footballing bodies, the stadium expansion, the fan interface, the PR/Media - you always need a man at the top ensuring everyone else does their bit? I get that Emery will now oversee the footballing side but there's awful lot more to a Football club than that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think if he was pushed out this is a massive mistake.

Cant see why he would quit as a director and behind the stadium moves.

Thank you christian for your service 

There is no suggestion he was pushed out.

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Did not see this coming. We was a good CEO who made one mistake

This is the post. Did everything asked of him and more.

One mistake that I would imagine every single football club CEO on the planet has made at some point in their tenor.

We have a huge amount to be grateful for of Christian Purslow.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Kind of inevitable.

We've hired a business manager in Heck. Director of football incoming, therefore Purslow is effectively redundant.

For me, he's done a fantastic job (except for Gerrard), however the structure is now clearly growing as we do.

Id rathwe have purslow who is super expert inbthe role as opposed to heck who haa experience in sports but not here. Remember tom fox? Spoke a good game but a big bag of puff. Lets hope they know what they are doing as i think purslow was good for this club

Everyone makes mistakes, as the proverb goes, "you show me a man who says he has never made a mistake, and i will show you a liar".

Overall, this guy was at the helm initially when we were languishing in the championship, 5 years later we are in Europe and finishing 7th in the PL, he deserves respect for what he has done for us, regardless of an error here or there.

love him or hate him as a person, on balance, one of the best CEO/Directors we have had in a long time, he was exactly what the club needed at the time.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

This is the post. Did everything asked of him and more.

One mistake that I would imagine every single football club CEO on the planet has made at some point in their tenor.

We have a huge amount to be grateful for of Christian Purslow.

Onwards and upwards.

Spot on

Can't really judge this until we know what the replacement plan (or circumstances around departure) but overall he was very good IMO and easily the most competent football administrator we've had for decades.

If he's paying the price for Gerrard I think that's harsh in the context of his other achievements. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Id rathwe have purslow who is super expert inbthe role as opposed to heck who haa experience in sports but not here. Remember tom fox? Spoke a good game but a big bag of puff. Lets hope they know what they are doing as i think purslow was good for this club

Tom Fox was appointed by Lerner. If Lerner appointed somebody to fix my broken leg, I’d stand up and walk out of the door. 

• Haha 1

Just now, wishywashy said:

To replace Christian Purslow, we have decided to appoint 3 CEOs, that each contribute one of the skills that Purslow brought to the club. This includes his commercial acumen, his wealth of FFP knowledge, and his footballing interventions.

I laughed

Purslow wasn't everyones cup of tea but he did a great job. Steered us in the right direction and presented us as a professional outfit that was much needed.

It seems this is Emerys ship now.

Â