Christian Purslow

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Emery has done an amazing job so far but I am always hesitant to place everything on the head coach's shoulders, like we did with MON. If in a couple of years time he gets poached by one of the big clubs then our entire structure would be in trouble.  You should always be ready for regime change in football, even when everything is going swimmingly. 

Brighton and Bretford have it right.  Any manager, staff or player leaves then someone else fits into the system.

Just now, sidcow said:

I think we can rule out Gerrard. That was 8 months ago now. 

I'm sure if that had anything to do with it they would have got rid of him ages ago. 

Could be as simple as " job done " as well possibly?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep. Tom Fox was a literal joke of a CEO. 

We were a proper Mickey Mouse operation then. 

We've never been so professional as now. Looking at our Ninja style transfer dealings. 

With Purslow I expect he's got a 6 month notice period.  Keys see if he pops u somewhere in 6 months then we'll know he handed his notice 

If he's pops up somewhere quickly he's more likely sacked unless The Board release him from his gardening period early. 

He probably handed in his notice sometime after Gerrard got sacked, and then they came to an agreement that he would leave at the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could be as simple as " job done " as well possibly?

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Wonder if they've also bought out his % of the club. Nice pay day for him. 

With a director of football and director of business there is no need for him anymore.

Could have just decided to take the money. 

That's going to be worth a hell of a lot now. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yes because thats the same 😂

Yeah it is. Pick two people at the club and just say which one you would like to leave most?

I don't know the point you're making other than Lange is your go to scapegoat?

Are you on the board and we had to fire someone this morning and it was specifically down to Lange or Purslow for which one would go?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'm sure if that had anything to do with it they would have got rid of him ages ago. 

I don't agree. If we'd seen Gerrard and Purslow leave within weeks of each other that would have put the club into complete turmoil in the run up the January window. I think it's been planned for the end of the season.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Emery has done an amazing job so far but I am always hesitant to place everything on the head coach's shoulders, like we did with MON. If in a couple of years time he gets poached by one of the big clubs then our entire structure would be in trouble.  You should always be ready for regime change in football, even when everything is going swimmingly. 

I completely agree. It does worry me slightly.

Though at least with Monchi we know he has huge experience and respect in the game in his own right.

Its not quite the same but Man Citys entire structure was lifted from Barcelona, with Txiki Begiristain in particular, partly for his own excellence in his role, partly as a play to convince Pep to go.

Nothing wrong with us doing similar if the individuals are also high quality. I'd be more concerned with the rest of Unais team as they have worked together for 20 years, they'll follow him if he leaves. Monchi has only worked with Unai for a few years when their paths crossed in Sevilla. I doubt he follows Unai if Unai goes

Just now, ender4 said:

He probably handed in his notice sometime after Gerrard got sacked, and then they came to an agreement that he would leave at the end of the season.

Yes, yes that's bound to have happened 

Literally every CEO who hands in his notice stays on for 8 months after he's said he wants to go. 

That's definitely it. 

• Haha 1

Wonder what this means for the stadium plans? Purslow was the man running the show there and he seemed to have been doing a excellent job dealing with the council and the rail companies. Hope we dont live to regret this

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That fits perfectly.   Gerrard sacked, Nas gets Emery without Purslow, Purslow feels undermined, thinks about it for a couple of weeks and then resigns. 6 month's notice so Purslow carries on doing his job, but is noticeably absent in Villa announcements for those 6 months.  6 months notice and season ends so Purslow leaves. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Or he has been offered a new attractive role elsewhere, five years now is more than an average amount of time in one job.

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Yeah it is. Pick two people at the club and just say which one you would like to leave most?

I don't know the point you're making other than Lange is your go to scapegoat?

Are you on the board and we had to fire someone this morning and it was specifically down to Lange or Purslow for which one would go?

Its not the same because your example ia onw of our greatest players of the modern era and the other is a keeper who hasnt played for us for almost two years.

Purslow ans lange have been had crucial roles at the club but i just think purslow adds more value. Whenervee i see lange at pressers he looks deeply uncomfortable and im not convinced with him 100%

Â