Christian Purslow

villan-scott

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

People are giving credit to CP which in my opinion should all be on unai. 

are they? i don't think that's happening...i think it's just defending the mud that's being slung at him. no one is doubting that the turnaround this season has been predominantly due to the appointment of emery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've heard that Christian Purslow invented the Cruyff Turn.  The players have learned a lot from him.

Cruyff especially. He would have been nothing without CP

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I heard that Christian was personally using a PS5 controller to control Bertie when he scored against Leicester. 

Was it R1+square or did he have to also throw in some right stuck action. Someone ring CP and find out please. I have a big match against my son coming up and he is on a 3 game winning streak. 

https://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villa-to-go-bold-in-the-summer-transfer-market/?amp

At the start of the meeting, Purslow laid out what the mentality of the club would be next season. In short, they were going to be “bold” next season. Roughly translated, the gloves were coming off in terms of the owner’s ambition and goals.

After five years, Purslow reasoned they were now at the “best of the rest” level they had sought (knocking on the door of the established Top Six). So, it was a question of what next?

Purslow confirmed that this boldness in attitude would of course extend to the summer transfer window. He said, that it hadn’t been possible to go so ambitious previously, as while they had a potentially talented squad, obviously the coaching staff hadn’t been realising their potential. It’s a safer bet now to speculate for success with a much more favourable risk-reward ratio.

Considering Villa have been already breaking the club’s transfer records in recent seasons on the likes of Ollie Watkins and Emi Buendia, and being no stranger to the purchase of £20m to £30m players, it will be interesting to see how “bold” translates in terms of incoming players in the summer window.

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

After five years, Purslow reasoned they were now at the “best of the rest” level they had sought (knocking on the door of the established Top Six). So, it was a question of what next?

Thank heavens Nassef swung the axe last November when he did and then got his man to keep that target alive, otherwise we wouldn't have been knocking on any door of the top 6 had Purslow's hero remained in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heard this from CEO’s before. Then we sign Marlon Harewood.

Sometimes I think it’s better they say nothing. 

NSWE are extremely serious and wealthy. Christian is a smart, pragmatic man. He wouldn't say this if it wasn't meant. It's time to show their hands for sure. 

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

NSWE are extremely serious and wealthy. Christian is a smart, pragmatic man. He wouldn't say this if it wasn't meant. It's time to show their hands for sure. 

I think he CP is just passing the message on on this occasion, a mere spokesman for the owners if you will. 

Surprised the owners are allowing CP to make these kind of statements. 

Isn't he supposed to stay in his office now with the door locked just writing reports? 

20 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Didn't he say the same about last summer

On 06/06/2023 at 16:53, sidcow said:

It's actually hilarious.  I mean really really hilarious how people think.

Wes Edens is head of a massive venture Capitalist fund.

I've worked for a company owned by VC's and I've got/had a few clients owned by VC's.

What I know for a fact is that VC's are utterly ruthless.  They relentlessly question the management about what they are doing.  They constantly ask why they are doing this, why didn't they do that.  I've seen management teams they've bought in themselves sacked and replaced by new people they've bought in.  The existing management in place at the time of the acquisitions very rarely stay on.

They are the ultimate capitalists.  They will not hesitate to ditch anything and anyone they think is not adding to the company.  This is when they're investing other peoples money.

With this background, and when it's his own personal money that people honestly think Wes Edens just lets Purslow get away with making error after error, and allow him free reign to do whatever he pleases is just utterly laughable.

Every single meeting he has with them will be difficult and uncomfortable.  There will be no resting on laurels.

So you would say that it’s a fact that a replacement isn’t available at the moment? The Matheu Alemany story is an interesting one. The information that we have is largely from the Barcelona controlled Spanish press so at best tainted 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

So you would say that it’s a fact that a replacement isn’t available at the moment? The Matheu Alemany story is an interesting one. The information that we have is largely from the Barcelona controlled Spanish press so at best tainted 

I don't think they were going to do the same job? 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

As you rightly say these guys are very switched on and wouldn’t make a big move like sacking a CEO without a planinplace it’s never boring is it?

Â