Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just be cautious posting things on here as "fact", You'll upset a few.   B)

Well probably because it's not fact. It's not hard bro. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Has anyone ever seen Doris and Purslow in the same time space continuum???? 👀 

No but there is a suspicion that they are “entangled”.

• Haha 2

On 29/05/2023 at 22:17, PerryBarrPet said:

Was Purslow at Villa Park yesterday? No sign of him during end of season celebrations - is he still with us?

He was in the owners' box as usual, with Nas and Wes, their families, club COO Paul Tyrell, a few other guests plus club ambassadors Taylor and Elmohamady. A few minutes before the final whistle Nas and Wes departed, presumably to get themselves to the tunnel ready for the final walk around. Purslow remained in the box with Taylor and Elmo to look after the guests.

When the goals went in, Nas and Wes were celebrating wildly, including big old hugs with Purslow, so they look like a happy enough camp to me.

I do agree that the Gerrard sacking was a Nas rage-sacking though.

• Like 4

On 05/06/2023 at 11:50, tomav84 said:

no news but if tielmans turns out to be poor for us then it's clear that purslow has spent the last few days signing him up with no input from anyone else at the club.

I find it baffling that the man who appointed Steven Gerrard still seems to be uncriticisable for some I’m not saying that he is to blame for everything and hasn’t got plenty of good points but that was a pretty big and expensive clanger he dropped. Especially when viewed in comparison with our current manager. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

theres a loooooong post a few pages back that pretty much pinned everything that hasn't gone quite right over the last few years on purslow,

A post that was a response after it was you? that asked me to highlight what the problem(s) were with Purslow in the first place???  

• Like 1

I’ve said a few times that he’s not a bad CEO but I believe that he could be improved up on for where we want to be. Many other positions both on and off the pitch have been improved on. Th big leap forward has happened with the arrival of Unia. I was speaking to an old pal, a season ticket holder recently and he said both as a collective and individually the players are now unrecognisable from  the recent past under both Dean and Gerrard. People are giving credit to CP which in my opinion should all be on unai. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve said a few times that he’s not a bad CEO but I believe that he could be improved up on for where we want to be.

I'm sure the several times multiple billionaires who own us would jump at the chance to recruit someone better if they believed he was out there and gettable.

As it stands these highly successful, focused, driven individuals seem to be quite happy with him.

It's actually hilarious.  I mean really really hilarious how people think.

Wes Edens is head of a massive venture Capitalist fund.

I've worked for a company owned by VC's and I've got/had a few clients owned by VC's.

What I know for a fact is that VC's are utterly ruthless.  They relentlessly question the management about what they are doing.  They constantly ask why they are doing this, why didn't they do that.  I've seen management teams they've bought in themselves sacked and replaced by new people they've bought in.  The existing management in place at the time of the acquisitions very rarely stay on.

They are the ultimate capitalists.  They will not hesitate to ditch anything and anyone they think is not adding to the company.  This is when they're investing other peoples money.

With this background, and when it's his own personal money that people honestly think Wes Edens just lets Purslow get away with making error after error, and allow him free reign to do whatever he pleases is just utterly laughable.

Every single meeting he has with them will be difficult and uncomfortable.  There will be no resting on laurels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â